Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J-Tech Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default J-Tech Fuel

I guess it was a matter of time before somebody started a thread on this excellent fuel. During the 2009 US Open in Kissimmee, FL, it took both 1st place in 1/8 open and Sedan Factory Class.

The fuel gives you tons of run time without having to overheat the motors.

Going over my sedan motor after the final, I could still see oil inside the backplate, on the crankshaft and piston and sleeve. This makes me feel comfortable knowing that it will protect my motor.

Eduardo Cabal
Old 12-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ejcabal
I guess it was a matter of time before somebody started a thread on this excellent fuel. During the 2009 US Open in Kissimmee, FL, it took both 1st place in 1/8 open and Sedan Factory Class.

Going over my sedan motor after the final, I could still see oil inside the backplate, on the crankshaft and piston and sleeve. This makes me feel comfortable knowing that it will protect my motor.

Eduardo Cabal
well done my friend....

see you next race

ciao
gianni
Old 12-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gianni.giorgio
well done my friend....

see you next race

ciao
gianni
congrats on the big win eduardo you deserved it. Also jtech fuel is awesome i have been running it for a while and have had no problems with it. plenty of oil and better run time.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ejcabal

Eduardo Cabal
feliciteichons eduardo, ahora si por fin una victoria mayor jejej
animate a lima para ver si jugamos un rato

alex
Old 12-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default fuel %

hey fellow racers...can anyone explain why use 16% nitro vs 20% 30% ect...
im new to on road racing 1/10 and just trying to learn everything i can.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Fuel

Great fuel, I TOTALLY agree with Mr Cabal,

In fact this weekend I started with a brand new P/S after only 1/2 a gallon the piston and head were black. Great fuel and runtime and temperature. This is by no means is to say that there aren't other good blends; however this has been working great for me so far.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by roach
hey fellow racers...can anyone explain why use 16% nitro vs 20% 30% ect...
im new to on road racing 1/10 and just trying to learn everything i can.

Typically and it is a good practice to use the recomended nitro content in your motor by the manufacturer. That being said 16% is usually reserved for .12, 2.1 cc engines and 25% for 1:8, 3,5cc engines.

To answer you question however, the greater the Nitro content the more power that will be produced. The down side to that is that higher nitro content than recomended decreases engine life by facilitating wear and tear. The positive is that you can get the same power and run the engine cooler by running more nitro as you will not have to lean the motor as much. The performance gain that I have noted going higher is only and initial feel for the racing we do, drag raging the higher the better.

You mention that you will be running 1:10, my suggestion is to stick with 16% find a brand and stick to it (different fuels tune differently). Also seeing as you are new to nitro, runing your engine rich is ALWAYS better that running lean.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default J-Tech Contact Info

Does anyone have contact info for the J-Tech Fuel?
Old 12-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default fuel %

thanks trickd...im really not new to nitro racing, im new to touring cars, i've always ran oval and i do run as per engine manual...however i noticed a lot of racers were using 16%...in touring. thax again for the info.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default contact

hey my phone broke had the # but will let J-tech fuels to post contact info
Old 12-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks speedypeterb
Old 12-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trickd122
Typically and it is a good practice to use the recomended nitro content in your motor by the manufacturer. That being said 16% is usually reserved for .12, 2.1 cc engines and 25% for 1:8, 3,5cc engines.

To answer you question however, the greater the Nitro content the more power that will be produced. The down side to that is that higher nitro content than recomended decreases engine life by facilitating wear and tear. The positive is that you can get the same power and run the engine cooler by running more nitro as you will not have to lean the motor as much. The performance gain that I have noted going higher is only and initial feel for the racing we do, drag raging the higher the better.

You mention that you will be running 1:10, my suggestion is to stick with 16% find a brand and stick to it (different fuels tune differently). Also seeing as you are new to nitro, runing your engine rich is ALWAYS better that running lean.
Thats not always true our motor guy Uriah MURNAN SAID THAT THE MOTORS MAKE JUST AS MUCH HORSEPOWER on 16 then on 30 and you get make more runtime on 16%
Old 12-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

if you cool ur gas in the fridge will you get longer runtime?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCAKid
Thats not always true our motor guy Uriah MURNAN SAID THAT THE MOTORS MAKE JUST AS MUCH HORSEPOWER on 16 then on 30 and you get make more runtime on 16%
Yes you do get more runtime on lower nitro content fuel where I WILL DISAGREE is with power. Logically higher nitro will have to produce more power however where in the power band is what makes the difference. Think of the nitro content as sticks of dynamite if you will. The more the nitro the BIGGER the explosion and thus creating more power. This is primarily the reason OFFROAD guys use higher nitro where insane speeds isn't the objective.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yappy
if you cool ur gas in the fridge will you get longer runtime?
Typically lower temperature will produce longer runtimes, not sure if I'd keep the fuel in the fridge however the EGC made my novarossi supports this theory as it cools the gas entering back in the tank thus reducing the temp to facilitate longer run time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.