Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RS4 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RS4 Problem

Hi all, I just finished putting a graphite upper deck on my RS4 and everything looks good, I turn on the power and all the servos work good, then when I start the motor and run the car the throttle servo goes to full speed and my steering turns all the way to the left and the car just GO's? What could be the problem??? Thanks
Old 04-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: RS4 Problem

Originally posted by malibulsv
Hi all, I just finished putting a graphite upper deck on my RS4 and everything looks good, I turn on the power and all the servos work good, then when I start the motor and run the car the throttle servo goes to full speed and my steering turns all the way to the left and the car just GO's? What could be the problem??? Thanks
check if your antenna wire has peeled off and copper wires touch on your graphite deck. it could be your receiver has damaged and will lose its function under vibration.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I checked the reciever and everything looks okay. No wire exposed?? Any other ideas?
Old 04-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Make sure that your receiver is not touching the graphite directly. Also make sure the none of the servo wires or antena wires are touching the graphite.

The other thing to look at is your throttle linkage. If its touching the upper deck, the rubbing when your motor is running can couse interference. Actually, make sure that nothing metal to metal or metal to graphite is vibrating and rubbing together.

The last thing, actually should be the first thing you check is that you have a fresh set of batteries or a fresh charge on your receiver pack