R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #61
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have not finished building my ntc3 , but from what I have learned so far , the first thing that should be done is to weigh your car , then balance + setup the tweak . After that, I found out that some of my cars would stop losing their rear, in both right and left turns ,when I used a 40shore on the outside tire, and 37shore on the inside ! Before coming to that conclusion I tried 40outside/40inside, 37outside/37inside, with no success ,the car still spun out !!! It seem that the harder 40shore tire would give better response , while the 37shore would ensure adequate traction . In any case, it's worth a try .....I would try 40shore on the engine side rear , and 37shore on the right rear side, with both front tires 40shore !!!!
bertrandsv87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #62
Tech Champion

Also the 35shore fronts might be too grippy, and causing rear end issues ! Another way to increase rear traction is to slightly decrease rear droop to 2.5mm !!! Front droop shouldn't also be too high (2mm)... Good luck.....
Old 09-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #63
Tech Champion

Also valk, there is one more thing I found out about front wheel vibrations ! They cause the rearend to spinout ! The solution is to stop the vibrations with good front wheel balance, good axle shimming, and finally putting losi lcd's (#losa3344) in the front end of your ntc3 ! They are a direct fit ! Good luck !
Old 10-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #64
Tech Initiate
Default ntc3

you can always make it into a drag car
terryandjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #65
Tech Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hi

I've been helping a friend of mine rework his, I bought it for him to get him into racing and I think he'll do well with it this year. We upgraded, went with aluminum diffs, aluminum gears in the diffs, and Lucas oil additive in both. Upgraded a number of other parts as well with aluminum, got a very nice Picco motor on it, and I can keep up with the mugens when I drive it, the aluminum gears should handle the durability issues as well. I'm probably going to build one for myself in time for the Great Lakes Challenge and see how well it stacks up, I'd like to see shaft drive come back since I've never liked belt drive.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #66
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

if new to this car id highly recommend those alu dif housings stay in the back only.

i went through 3 of those things from stupid crashes cause im inexperienced with nitro lol.
2/3 times the shock tower survived and the posts it bolts to were shered clean off.

i stick to carbon tranny halves up front now since it doesnt take much to kill them either way.

Got my ntc3 back together mostly and just doing some small tuning before the season starts again. my tc5 is retired due to broken/tweaked CF parts, so i vultured the newly rebuilt shocks, shock bushings and various little things from it to rebuild my ntc3.
shocks are TONS TONS TONS beter now. i was gonna get the VCS2 upgrade kit for the stockers but no need now.

One project i wanted to try out was fitting the TC5 bulkheads and suspension parts to the ntc3 driveline. mostly because i HATE the imperialness of the ntc3.

haven't really given up on that, though id have to make new bulkheads and create my own Upper arms/links.
i never really had complaints over the strength of the stock arms but i dont like the pivot balls and how they are attached. makes working on the car/adjusting it tedious.

if i get ambitious sometime ill make the new bulkheads i need.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote