Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Pureten Alpha 3 4WD >

Kyosho Pureten Alpha 3 4WD

Kyosho Pureten Alpha 3 4WD

Old 04-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho Pureten Alpha 3 4WD

Hi
I have just recieved my first Nitrocar and it was great. I did like the movie said in drive in and so on.
Now I have a problem with the car. It has problems with breaking and when I put it on the floor, it breaks forwards. Then I checked both gears and they wasn´t running smooth. Then I took the engine out and ran it slowly with the fingers and it was hard on the gear. I have no idea what could be wrong. Now the gear on the engine is running smoothly again after I took the ring and lock of, but I am still a little concerned about what has been wrong or may still be wrong.
The first time I ran with the car where I should give full throttle the four screws which holds the engine flew of, but I mounted four new screws and ran again with out problems.
I hope that you can help me or say that it is ok to run again.
Thanks
Old 04-03-2004, 03:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sound like your engine mount screws were loose! When it was loose, the engine will shift towards the main shaft when you try to pull the starter. That shift will cause a gap problem between the main bell gear (the one that attached to the motor) and the main gear on the center shaft. That reduction in gap will make the engine brake (more like not moving anywhere). What you can do is loosen the engine mount screws (not too loose...just enough that you can move the engine from side to side), take a piece of paper and slip it in between the bell gear and the center shaft gear. Slide the bell so it would slightly squeeze the paper in between the main gear on center shaft. Tightened the engine mount screws. Restart your car and see the difference.

HOpe that helps
Old 04-03-2004, 05:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the help. It looks like it works ok now. Have you any idea how long the glowpipe works. ( how many times). I have only had this car for about a week and now the glowpipe doesn´t work anymore.
Is there anythink that I shall be careful about with my first nitrocar.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by klavil
Thanks for the help. It looks like it works ok now. Have you any idea how long the glowpipe works. ( how many times). I have only had this car for about a week and now the glowpipe doesn´t work anymore.
Is there anythink that I shall be careful about with my first nitrocar.
the glowpipe or do you mean "glowplug"
Old 04-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Rookie

hi
I mean the glowplug.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

hi
I mean the glowplug.
it all depends how you have the motor tuned and how hot does the motor get,and what % of nitro fuel you are using, also after breaking in the motor you should replace the glow plug!
Old 04-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Rookie

ok thanks.
Is it better to run on 25% nitro instead of 16% and does it give more topspeed.
If I forexamble run on a small area, can I then run the engine down at lower speed.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Kyosho Pureten Alpha 3 4WD

The first time I ran with the car where I should give full throttle the four screws which holds the engine flew of, but I mounted four new screws and ran again with out problems.
You should get some blue threadlock and put it those screws to prevent them from coming out again.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

ok thanks.
Is it better to run on 25% nitro instead of 16% and does it give more topspeed.
If I forexamble run on a small area, can I then run the engine down at lower speed.
if you are only racing for fun i recommend 20% it should give you plenty of power and your engine will last longer( as long as you dont run it really lean)if you are racing competition then you would run the higher nitro content to get the most power out of your engine!
Old 04-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

those GS15 dont make a lot of power anyway. Get full ball bearings first. if youre running in a small area, play with your trigger don't just punch it all the time. I think your glow plug ran out battery. The alkaline version doesn't last that long. Go to your local hobby shop and buy yourself the rechargeable ones. It doesn't cost a fortune yet you get the most out of your glowplug igniter.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a recharcebly glowplug. So what I mean must be the glowpipe or whatever the name must be. The one to make the spark in the engine..
What is the difference between the GS15 and the GX15 engine. Mine is a GX15 and you wrote GS15?
Old 04-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm sorry...I mean GX15...it's just an evolution of GS15R though. Just a tiny bit power. If you're wondering why your car isn't as fast as the rest of your friends' you can blame on it first.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Is a speed of 60 to 65 km/h not good enough.
Is there any of you who have had problems where the fuel have difficults runing from the tank. I have little airboubbles in the fuel and sometimes when I break down the car just stops. I just replaced my glowpipe and the car is only about one week old...
Old 04-06-2004, 01:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

did you break in the car like the instruction say so?
Old 04-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Rookie

When I got my car, there was a DVD with instructions for about 115 min. I followed then manual as said in the DVD. Everything was okay the first 4 or 5 times after that, but when the bolts from the engine went loose, all my small problems began. I have problems with starting the car, and it seems like it is the nitro from the tank which is the problem but Im not sure. Anyway the airboobles seems like the problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.