Wiki Posts
Search

Greater Los Angeles Club Meeting this Saturday 2.20/10

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Greater Los Angeles Club Meeting this Saturday 2.20/10

I have volunteered to let the on road nitro/electric/gas racers here in So. California know that the Greater LA R/C Club will be opening the floor for nominations for several of the board of directors seats. This is an opportunity for any past or present members in good standing to volunteer to nominate themselves or others for available seats. The meeting is set for this coming Saturday 2/20/10 at 10am. The meeting is open to all current club members or those wishing to join.

I am encouraging anyone who races on road to attend this meeting. This is an opportunity for us as a racing community to take control over the direction of our hobby. As you can see by the seats open for nomination below there are several tasks that must be filled in order for the club to run smoothly and that being said, in order for this or any other club to work, there must be a collection of individuals willing to put in the effort to make it happen.
The open seats are:

President
Vice President
Treasurer
Track Steward/Assistant Track Steward
Track Director
1/8 Director
1/10 Director
1/5 Director
Electric/Motorcycle Director

Let’s start a discussion about this. If you have any questions, concerns, comments about on road racing here in the Los Angeles area, here’s a chance to do it.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default GLARCRC

Originally Posted by Danny A.
I have volunteered to let the on road nitro/electric/gas racers here in So. California know that the Greater LA R/C Club will be opening the floor for nominations for several of the board of directors seats. This is an opportunity for any past or present members in good standing to volunteer to nominate themselves or others for available seats. The meeting is set for this coming Saturday 2/20/10 at 10am. The meeting is open to all current club members or those wishing to join.

I am encouraging anyone who races on road to attend this meeting. This is an opportunity for us as a racing community to take control over the direction of our hobby. As you can see by the seats open for nomination below there are several tasks that must be filled in order for the club to run smoothly and that being said, in order for this or any other club to work, there must be a collection of individuals willing to put in the effort to make it happen.
The open seats are:

President
Vice President
Treasurer
Track Steward/Assistant Track Steward
Track Director
1/8 Director
1/10 Director
1/5 Director
Electric/Motorcycle Director

Let’s start a discussion about this. If you have any questions, concerns, comments about on road racing here in the Los Angeles area, here’s a chance to do it.
Address for the meeting?
thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

My dad and i will be there.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default address

Just got off the phone with Shaw. He has given his permission to hold the meeting at his office. The address is:

3860 Del Amo Blvd. Suite 401, Torrance, CA 90503.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brc358
Address for the meeting?
thanks
hey Bill, whats up? Wanna car-pool if your not up to driving. (since I could probabally shoot a bb gun from my house and hit yours) I'm gonna try to make an inconspicuous comeback to the hobby did I miss anything?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default GLARCRC

Originally Posted by Green Machine!
hey Bill, whats up? Wanna car-pool if your not up to driving. (since I could probabally shoot a bb gun from my house and hit yours) I'm gonna try to make an inconspicuous comeback to the hobby did I miss anything?
GREEN MACHINE!!!!!!!
How the hell you is?
I thought you fell off the face of the earth.
Might take you up on that.
I have not left the damn house in almost 2 weeks now.
I think I have stared the damn paint off the walls.
I will let you know, as it is still kind of a day by day thing.
But if I do go, it sounds like a plan.
Hows Mackenna
Good to hear from you again
Old 02-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default GLARCRC

Will their be any discussions from the nominees on what they think they want to improve over the current administration or committees?
We will be able to hear what they think they can,<or want> to improve on before anyone is nominated.
I think everyone would like to know where the new nominees stand before they are nominated, and then voted on.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brc358
Will their be any discussions from the nominees on what they think they want to improve over the current administration or committees?
We will be able to hear what they think they can,<or want> to improve on before anyone is nominated.
I think everyone would like to know where the new nominees stand before they are nominated, and then voted on.
Bill,

It is difficult for me to answer your question because I have not seen this nomination/voting process in action before. I also say this because at the moment there are no nominees so I do not know what will be said by whom. My hope is yes! Absolutely there should be discussion about what should be improved. I will be bringing some ideas and I encourage anyone else to do the same if they have any suggestions, concerns or opinions. If this is a club, and this is precisely my point, then why shouldn't we as members be able to create the change we feel as a whole would better our racing?

Last edited by Danny A.; 02-17-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Just wanted to remind everyone that we are still on for tomorrow. If you haven't made plans to attend I urge you to consider coming out and letting us know what is on your mind. Everyone is welcome.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

FYI - The executive board of GLARCRC and our attorney met earlier this week and we would just like everyone to know that we do have an agenda planned and this meeting is to be conducted in an organized, civilized manner. This is not a trial nor a witch hunt and in lieu of the events happening around onroad tracks in the So. Cal area, we now have an even greater responsibility to keep the racing going and keep the program organized, professional, and fun.

If you want to show off, I will ask you to step out. There's a lot more important things to discuss besides somebody's personal dissatisfaction and we do not plan to spend a lot of time listening to whining. We have always been the club to listen to what racers have to say but personally the core group that has for so long supported this organization physically as well as financially are growing just a little tired of the B/S.

The bottom line is that we are on a parking lot, it will ALWAYS be a parking lot, that has to be setup and taken down. Everybody knows the tyre wear is high and no one is forcing you to run soft tyres. Thats why our cars are adjustable. When you come to one of our events the track is clean and the bite is outstanding. I pride myself on being very open minded and patient but even iron wears thin. I am proud of what we created, support, and stand for in GLARCRC but I will no longer let anybody bash this club or the guys that are part of what makes it run.

If there are those out there that do not want to call it a club..then don't, my advice to you is get your own equipment and find another place to race. I will certainly come to your events cause that means I get to race. And I'll make it a special point to bitch about every little thing I feel is wrong. See U all tomorrow.

G.W.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

I have heard that some there are some people that believe that I am out to take over Greater LA. I must make this perfectly clear as I may not be given the time tomorrow to address this point. I am not out to take over GLA.

I had two main motivations for pushing the leadership of GLA to allow the membership the opportunity to vote for who they thought would best represent their club.

(So you know, I have spoken these same points over with Glen, Tom and anyone who was at the meeting in January)

The first reason I wanted to see the floor open up for nominations was simply to get more members involved in the running of the club. I thought that if the work load was distributed to more members in the club that things would run more smoothly. I really never thought that it was fair that one or two people were in charge having to do all the work. So simply put I thought that pushing for elections would help solve that problem and I have been pushing for elections since late 2007.

The second reason I wanted to see elections/nominations happen was to find out who was interested in coming to such a meeting where their voice could be heard. Running a club entails work and I always believed that there were many capable people in the racing community who would be great assets and contributers to our racing. I also wanted to see who might be willing to take on some of the responsibilities.

All I have wanted to see happen was what was supposed to be granted by the club this entire time, AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE MEMBERSHIP TO BE GRANTED THEIR VOICE THROUGH A VOTE AS STATED IN THE CLUB BY LAWS.
I have no problem with the majority voting to keep the same group of people running the show, if that is how you truly feel that is fine with me, and all I have suggested it that you should be given the chance to have that say.

In short, I was hoping to create a forum where we who race onroad could express our opinions and vote for change if that is what we as a whole wanted.

I suppose we will see tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I hope that all goes well in the meeting, Your choice of tracks in So Cal are very limited right now. I have found that people have difficult time with changes in all aspects of life for some reason they get backed up about it. So however this works out take time with changes keep everyone informed and make others feel that they had part in the changes. At the end of the day or weekend all everyone wants is to have great time.

Good luck and see you next weekend
Old 02-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

It sounds to me like everything is going good and strong. Elections are a good thing in my experience. I hope the meeting goes well. I would attend but Im just too far away. I have a GLARC plaque on my wall from 1993. The real problem accures when no one wants be elected anymore lol.
Good luck to all
Old 02-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

I wanted to say Thank You to everyone who came out to the meeting on Saturday. We went over several important items including nominations, trailer repair, track resurfacing, RCX, treasury report as well as other agenda items

A club race is scheduled for this coming weekend 2.28.10. As many of you know tire wear has been an issue for the foam tire cars and Glen has insured that there will be plenty of VHT sprayed down. I made a motion to shorten the track layout by eliminating the left hand side island for a sweeper and it was agreed upon that we could try that idea with a different layout that might help reduce tire wear.

I stopped by the transit center after the meeting to get an idea how big the outside perimeter area would be without the left hand island and the outside perimeter will measure at least 200'X100'. At a minimum the straight away will still be about 175' long. We will have to try this idea out to see if it will help but at least we can try something. I hope that this encourages the onroad nitro guys to come out and give this a try.

Again thanks to everyone that came to the meeting. Your presence is what makes the difference. See you Saturday.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

There was some interesting feedback about this, I remember in the early days of that lot, we tried a short layout and the tyre wear was about the same and the majority of the nitro racers told me that one of the highlights of the Transit Center was the European style layout with a long back straight, different from the "point and shoot" style and when we added going around that back island made it more fun for everybody. One of the racers at the meeting felt that because of the type of asphalt the Transit Center is made of, tyre wear will always be a little more abrasive than a lot topped with "playground" grade asphalt.

Personally I agree, if anything it was suggested that we turn the chicane at the end of the straight to a 180 turn. Cars are at top speed with the most downforce at the end of the straight and most likeley, the most tyre wear occurs. Cars are just beginning to accelerate to the back straight going through the sweeper.

We have informed our track stewart Kenny to work with Chris V. and come up with a suitable change for a short track and this is to tried on Saturday. Tom and I will be getting feedback from the racers to see what they think.

See U this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.