Wiki Posts
Search

GLARCRC

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default GLARCRC

Does anyone know when the next GLARCRC race will be held?
I have been out of touch for a while and do not know what the schedule for the next race is.
thanks
Old 02-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brc358
Does anyone know when the next GLARCRC race will be held?
I have been out of touch for a while and do not know what the schedule for the next race is.
thanks
the end of this month -feb. this is from what I heard. Hopefully GW will respond to your inquiry. Club Meeting was rescheduled for 2/20th I bellieve to talk about prepping for this 2010 season. Stay tuned
Old 02-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default GLARCRC

Originally Posted by morook
the end of this month -feb
The weekend of the 27/28th?
Old 02-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brc358
The weekend of the 27/28th?
from what I heard..I'll email GW to confirm
Old 02-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Just got word from another member. GLARCC will be racing this coming feb 27/28th..GW is so tied up with his real career that really pays the bills. hopefully a post from him should be up soon.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default GLARCRC

Thanks I appreciate it
Old 02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

I am at work as we speak...GLARCRC will be racing the 28th of Feb with setup and practice on Saturday. Also..we have had a "spokesman" that claims to be representing a faction of racers that are claiming that our organization is not really a club and they are not satisfied with what's been going on.

They have pretty much demanded that we hold elections and change administration. There is a core group that have taken care of everything for quite a long time and we have pretty much been annoyed by these people for awhile now. Yes, clubs should have elections but anyone wanting to take the wheel should FULLY understand the level of comittment and involvement it takes to make the machine run smoothly, not cause someone is personally dissatisfied. And these are usually the folks that are'nt going to involve themselves at the level it takes to do things right.

This has also been taking up a lot of my time as well. U guys that have been with us in the past understand that the bottom line is GLARCRC runs on a parking lot and as long as this is the case...no matter who is captain of the ship, understand that there are many logistics and folks in the background that have to take their time, money, and sweat so we can race and at the end of the day, that track STILL has to be disassembled, packed up, and towed away.

There us going to be a meeting Saturday 2/20/2010 at Shaw's office from 10:00am til noon. current members will be eligible for officer nominations provided they have had a minimum of 1 year experience with GLARCRC.

It's my understanding that there are phone calls going around urging individuals to renew their memberships just to vote out the existing administration. Not very wise, even with our limited manpower, all of the guys in this organization do a FANTASTIC job and I will stand behind them 100%

For the past members and non-members that know how GLARCRC functions, we urge you to attend this meeting, there is a lot of racing and a lot of work to do this season and we really could use some help.

I will have Werner post the club by-laws on the GLARCRC website next week they specify in detail what is expected of all club officers and administration. Maybe those demanding will read that and then can make the decision if they want to take the wheel. We all agree that NEW BLOOD AND ADMINISTRATION IS GOOD FOR ANY ORGANIZATIION but not in the face of major changes. we need the guys that know what makes this thing work. I would hate to give anybody the keys to an F-16 if they have never had a flying lession, I promise they will crash and burn!!

Don't mean to vent but it's about time to dispell all rumors, and defend what we have all worked so hard to build, aspecially those who bark without having a clue...just my 2 cents. hope to see U at the meeting

Glenn Williams
President
GLARCRC
Old 02-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default GLARCRC

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
I am at work as we speak...GLARCRC will be racing the 28th of Feb with setup and practice on Saturday. Also..we have had a "spokesman" that claims to be representing a faction of racers that are claiming that our organization is not really a club and they are not satisfied with what's been going on.

They have pretty much demanded that we hold elections and change administration. There is a core group that have taken care of everything for quite a long time and we have pretty much been annoyed by these people for awhile now. Yes, clubs should have elections but anyone wanting to take the wheel should FULLY understand the level of comittment and involvement it takes to make the machine run smoothly, not cause someone is personally dissatisfied. And these are usually the folks that are'nt going to involve themselves at the level it takes to do things right.

This has also been taking up a lot of my time as well. U guys that have been with us in the past understand that the bottom line is GLARCRC runs on a parking lot and as long as this is the case...no matter who is captain of the ship, understand that there are many logistics and folks in the background that have to take their time, money, and sweat so we can race and at the end of the day, that track STILL has to be disassembled, packed up, and towed away.

There us going to be a meeting Saturday 2/20/2010 at Shaw's office from 10:00am til noon. current members will be eligible for officer nominations provided they have had a minimum of 1 year experience with GLARCRC.

It's my understanding that there are phone calls going around urging individuals to renew their memberships just to vote out the existing administration. Not very wise, even with our limited manpower, all of the guys in this organization do a FANTASTIC job and I will stand behind them 100%

For the past members and non-members that know how GLARCRC functions, we urge you to attend this meeting, there is a lot of racing and a lot of work to do this season and we really could use some help.

I will have Werner post the club by-laws on the GLARCRC website next week they specify in detail what is expected of all club officers and administration. Maybe those demanding will read that and then can make the decision if they want to take the wheel. We all agree that NEW BLOOD AND ADMINISTRATION IS GOOD FOR ANY ORGANIZATIION but not in the face of major changes. we need the guys that know what makes this thing work. I would hate to give anybody the keys to an F-16 if they have never had a flying lession, I promise they will crash and burn!!

Don't mean to vent but it's about time to dispell all rumors, and defend what we have all worked so hard to build, aspecially those who bark without having a clue...just my 2 cents. hope to see U at the meeting

Glenn Williams
President
GLARCRC
That is total BS Glenn. If the people that are complaining dont like it, let them run in an open parking lot by themselves.
They have no clue as to what it takes to run a club, and without a doubt, no idea on the commitment it takes also. They are not being forced to run at GLARCRCs events
They should be thankful they have a track to run on at all.
I have said it to you before, I think GLARCRC does a great job and hope things are not screwed up by outsiders that have no clue on the time and effort that goes into running these races
Old 02-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have said this before I dont care what you due, there will always be some one still not happy. How many of them are waiting in line to put on a race program, clean, prep, ect on a track. please step up to front of the line and claim your spot.

Glen its waist of time and energy you give to people like that. See on race day.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Glenn Williams
President
GLARCRC
Whats the address to shaws office?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

3860 Del Amo Blvd
Suite 401
Torrance, CA 90503

Phone: (310)370-0300
Old 02-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default PROUD

I am at work as we speak...GLARCRC will be racing the Th of Feb with setup and practice on Saturday. Also..we have had a "spokesman" that claims to be representing a faction of racers that are claiming that our organization is not really a club and they are not satisfied with what's been going on.

They have pretty much demanded that we hold elections and change administration. There is a core group that have taken care of everything for quite a long time and we have pretty much been annoyed by these people for awhile now. Yes, clubs should have elections but anyone wanting to take the wheel should FULLY understand the level of commitment and involvement it takes to make the machine run smoothly, not cause someone is personally dissatisfied. And these are usually the folks that aren't going to involve themselves at the level it takes to do things right.

Glenn Williams
President
GLARCRC

Glenn

Maybe our fellow racers should look around and see how many ON-ROAD FUEL tracks that are in So.Cal, Because as we speak there is only one( GLARC).

IF there are any people out there that are dissatisfied with the current way things are run then you always have the option of opening another permanent or parking lot track/club to run the way you would like, Now it is nothing wrong with elections for others that think they can carry the torch in a better way for the improvement of the Club of course, But if that someone has not been totally active in all aspects of organizing,planning,administration,setup/tear down,hauling the track to and from the site,promoting,bidding on races,treasury,flyer's etc, Then that person is a bad seed with tainted opinions.

We as racers in So.Cal should take in perspective that within the last 3 yrs we have lost 3 on-road tracks Revelations,Crystal Park,SVM and as far as I know none of the three had anything close to meetings to hear the voices of the racers, I have raced and paid a many practice and race fees at these tracks with no say so at all on things such as the track has not been prepped but my practice money was paid or paying for memberships without having meetings or knowing what the membership entails at all, None of the other so called clubs held anything more than a drivers meeting on the day of, I'm not in anyway bashing the other clubs but in 6yrs at Cp, revelations,svm I have never had the owners at the other tracks in So Cal have meetings for the club members just, So-called committee's that did nothing to the benefit of the club but charged club membership fee's and stressed how much of a service was being given with no compensation be taken in just things said such as "We need to pay the bills so you guys can run your car".

I also think we should start to evaluate calling this a hobby because this type of racing is a organized competition sport with rules,specs,governing bodies,technical inspections,insurances and classes just Like Nascar, AMA, NHRA , SCCA just on a smaller scale , So we should stop saying that tracks or clubs are allowing us to run our cars when we as racers paying an entry fee just like as in all forms of racing do.

GLARC take the success of the club as motivation to keep going strong for 2010 because you are the unique in even giving a hoot about what the racers want,need & think, So from me to GLARC keep it up! Good Job! and keep striving to improve like I know you will. And if you need anything just holla GLARC MEMBERS CHIME IN IF YOU WILL

RICK

Last edited by FASRICK; 02-12-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up well written Rick

Originally Posted by FASRICK
Glenn
Plus one......

Maybe our fellow racers should look around and see how many ON-ROAD FUEL tracks that are in So.Cal, Because as we speak there is only one( GLARC).

IF there are any people out there that are dissatisfied with the current way things are run then you always have the option of opening another permanent or parking lot track/club to run the way you would like, Now it is nothing wrong with elections for others that think they can carry the torch in a better way for the improvement of the Club of course, But if that someone has not been totally active in all aspects of organizing,planning,administration,setup/tear down,hauling the track to and from the site,promoting,bidding on races,treasury,flyer's etc, Then that person is a bad seed with tainted opinions.

We as racers in So.Cal should take in perspective that within the last 3 yrs we have lost 3 on-road tracks Revelations,Crystal Park,SVM and as far as I know none of the three had anything close to meetings to hear the voices of the racers, I have raced and paid a many practice and race fees at these tracks with no say so at all on things such as the track has not been prepped but my practice money was paid or paying for memberships without having meetings or knowing what the membership entails at all, None of the other so called clubs held anything more than a drivers meeting on the day of, I'm not in anyway bashing the other clubs but in 6yrs at Cp, revelations,svm I have never had the owners at the other tracks in So Cal have meetings for the club members just, So-called committee's that did nothing to the benefit of the club but charged club membership fee's and stressed how much of a service was being given with no compensation be taken in just things said such as "We need to pay the bills so you guys can run your car".

I also think we should start to evaluate calling this a hobby because this type of racing is a organized competition sport with rules,specs,governing bodies,technical inspections,insurances and classes just Like Nascar, AMA, NHRA , SCCA just on a smaller scale , So we should stop saying that tracks or clubs are allowing us to run our cars when we as racers paying an entry fee just like as in all forms of racing do.

GLARC take the success of the club as motivation to keep going strong for 2010 because you are the unique in even giving a hoot about what the racers want,need & think, So from me to GLARC keep it up! Good Job! and keep striving to improve like I know you will. And if you need anything just holla GLARC MEMBERS CHIME IN IF YOU WILL

RICK
Old 02-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

We really appreciate the support and positive vibes from you guys we can do is try our best to tighten up on the race schedule, run on time and be consistant on the raceday start time. Maybe a good thing to do your best to get to the meeting, we would really like to put a lot of things to rest and concentrate on 2010.

In view of what's been going on in So. Cal as far as tracks, I have a feeling that GLARCRC is going to be pretty busy and it is our golden opportunity to show the rest of the racing world that our organization is very capable of consistantly running smooth and hassle fre racing events...who's with me?

G.W.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yessa!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.