Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:49 PM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walo
It seem like you're taking all the right steps to maintain the car and belts. Usually if you get on power in bumpy areas this can happen, or maybe some small rocks got between the pulley and belt. For the record Mugen make very good belts .
That's the frustrating part isn't it, when you thought you have everything covered and then.... Oh well, maybe its just bad luck then. hahaha...

Still love mugen and the x5 though, just hoping maybe the problems will just go away!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by X4
That's the frustrating part isn't it, when you thought you have everything covered and then.... Oh well, maybe its just bad luck then. hahaha...

Still love mugen and the x5 though, just hoping maybe the problems will just go away!
X4

First off I'm extremely jealous of your track(BAD A$$) Try running a 6 split with your tires and use the regular belts, Hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:04 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FASRICK
X4

First off I'm extremely jealous of your track(BAD A$$) Try running a 6 split with your tires and use the regular belts, Hope this helps.
Thanks Fasrick! Most international racers that have visited love it too!

I admit we're really lucky to have a track like that in Singapore.

Last edited by X4; 09-12-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Low friction belts are good for about an hour on any car, that's it. Yes they could last longer but no guarantees. So you should always go with a fresh one for 45 minute mains. If it strips before the 1 hour mark, something is wrong.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Low friction belts are good for about an hour on any car, that's it. Yes they could last longer but no guarantees. So you should always go with a fresh one for 45 minute mains. If it strips before the 1 hour mark, something is wrong.
+1
Old 09-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by X4

I also think you should check the pulley position. Sometimes if they are not centered properly they can rub against another parts or screws and cause your belts to ripe.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I stripped 3 rear belts in the first 3 meetings when the car was new but havent had trouble with the front belt. I fixed the rear stripping by clicking the eccentrics 1 click tighter and havent had a problem since. But you said you tightened them and still having the problem so apart from that I cant help. Hope you can find your fix soon.

Also I tried out the new clutch over the weekend and it is awesome didnt have much time to test different settings but in the final it was very consistent and near no pad wear. I did have an issue in 1 race when the alu spring retaining nut unwound causing the clutch to lock on causing my motor to stall but before the final I replaced it with a titanium one and it was perfect and took me to the win. Std weights 1mm on the retaining nut and .7 bell clearance. I am going to try lighter weights but first impression is very good.
Andrew
Old 09-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

For belt maintenance : clean and wipe the belt with armour all liquids. I use small clean clothes + armour all liquids to clean the belt teeth. I do this cleaning ritual every after race.

My middle and rear belts usually can last over 12x racing meeting. Front belt usually can last 6 to 8 racing. Sometimes belt replacement can be sooner if my car had accidents, thus the belt lost it's teeth.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:35 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Guys, thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it.

Just to mention that i have also tried the new clutch set and i shall repeat like a broken record what others have mentioned here, its a MUST HAVE! The power in almost instantaneous and very consistent, you will definitely feel the difference vs the old clutch.

Just last weekend, we completed our invitational race with est. about 40 racers for the 1/8 scale. I qualified 4th and since there was no sit outs, my belts (front & rear) stripped 17mins into my (20mins) semi finals while i was in 2nd place. Extremely disappointed and also hugely frustrated.

I have come to a conclusion that i shall change belts just before every important race (or maybe even right after qualifying) and that i cannot depend on my X5 like i did with my previous Mrx4.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

That is the best thing to do. What I do if it is a big race. I always put on a new front and rear belt. New clutch bearings, clutch shoe, plastic 1st and 2nd gear and new glow plug. Anything that is normally a disposable item I replace because they are the first thing to go. Then I put them back on for club racing when it is not as important that you finish. Its not a waste of money or added expense because you would use them anyway and will use them at club races after the big event. And charge your receiver battery. I was winning a national champs 45min race years ago and battery went flat at 43mins because I hadn’t charged it after the last qualifier that morning.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi Guys

Which body is this?

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-bad-breisig-dm-vg8-110908-ub-136.jpg
Old 09-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PROVK
Hi Guys

Which body is this?

Attachment 807482
Protoform 909, the new ones have that center rib.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The 2 Tungsten battery weights listed below I am selling if any of your MRX5 guys are interested.

I sold my MRX5, and no longer need the weights.

I can ship them, or if you will be at the Nats next week 9-18, and 9-20 to 9-25 you can pick them up from me there.

I only have the 2 plates I made for my car and a friends.

100$ each ( cost to make 2 was about 440 the plate it self was almost 200 un cut they are in perfect shape)

PM me if interested

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
Ok This started as 4 x 4 x .250

Here are my 2 weights I had made out of tungsten and my brass weight.

The brass weight is 40g

The 2 Tungsten weights are 148 each.

The thickness of the brass weight is 2.0mm

The thickness of my tungsten weights are 3.25

Here are the pictures.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by X4
Guys, thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it.

Just to mention that i have also tried the new clutch set and i shall repeat like a broken record what others have mentioned here, its a MUST HAVE! The power in almost instantaneous and very consistent, you will definitely feel the difference vs the old clutch.

Just last weekend, we completed our invitational race with est. about 40 racers for the 1/8 scale. I qualified 4th and since there was no sit outs, my belts (front & rear) stripped 17mins into my (20mins) semi finals while i was in 2nd place. Extremely disappointed and also hugely frustrated.

I have come to a conclusion that i shall change belts just before every important race (or maybe even right after qualifying) and that i cannot depend on my X5 like i did with my previous Mrx4.
X5, you are still far better then me. I was leading in your invitational SIC 1/8 A-main (45mins) final for 35mins (2 laps lead) before my rear belt and pulley strips. My heart was shattered into pieces. What a race to forget..... But i have learn something. Not going to trust rear rubber belt for long finals.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mclarenwest
X5, you are still far better then me. I was leading in your invitational SIC 1/8 A-main (45mins) final for 35mins (2 laps lead) before my rear belt and pulley strips. My heart was shattered into pieces. What a race to forget..... But i have learn something. Not going to trust rear rubber belt for long finals.
Snowy was at this race, and pretty sure he said he also stripped belts in the final (finishing dead last ).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.