MUGEN SEIKI MRX5 >

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Old 04-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
would that equate to a "push" in the cornering dept?

My understanding is it will give the same effect of a dish wheel with out adding the wheel rigidness associated dish wheel designs.... Win Win in most cases.....
Old 04-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
My understanding is it will give the same effect of a dish wheel with out adding the wheel rigidness associated dish wheel designs.... Win Win in most cases.....
were they running the dishes in the worlds? just want to know if i should build them in or not. thanks for reply's on them, i have a better understanding in what they do now
Old 04-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
were they running the dishes in the worlds? just want to know if i should build them in or not. thanks for reply's on them, i have a better understanding in what they do now

Tommy ygpm!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Pietsch ran the carbon disks on the inside and plastic caps on the outside. This aggravates the effect...
Old 04-21-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

All rite already. The wheel disc helps to block air from entering the front of the body which is a low pressure area. The lower we can get the pressure under the body the more down force will be created by the high pressure area that exists out side of the body pushing it down and attempting to crush it. Want to see this work? Suck the air out of a soda bottle. This is the basic principle of "ground effects.
The cornering effect is provided by presenting the air rushing around the sides of the body with a surface to push against when the wheel is turned. With just the wheel disc this air is only meeting the resistance of the leak that still exists between the wheel and the bodies wheel opening and the small gap that exists between the disc and the i.d. of the wheel. Now if we add another disc to the face of the wheel this steering effect will become much greater because the resisting surface is now in direct contact with the air that is being forced over it.
The other benefit which I have tested much more than I would like to admit is they REALLY help keep the rim from bending when you bash into stuff. Be sure to c.a. glue the edges if your a repeated basher.
So in short, get them. put them on the car cause they LOOKBITCHIN'
Old 04-21-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default wheel disc

I spoke to Robert about if he felt that his wheel disc made a difference. He told me no. If you notice he did not run during main event.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Which one? Inside, outside, or both?
Old 04-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Who makes the outside disc? I noticed with the Enetti wheels I get some rubbing on the inside of the wheel on my inner disc just from the bumps on our track. I'm thinking the added disc would stiffen the wheel alot.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Different manufacturers. Kamikaze got some:

http://kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/pr...prod=WHEELDISK
Old 04-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
All rite already. The wheel disc helps to block air from entering the front of the body which is a low pressure area. The lower we can get the pressure under the body the more down force will be created by the high pressure area that exists out side of the body pushing it down and attempting to crush it. Want to see this work? Suck the air out of a soda bottle. This is the basic principle of "ground effects.
The cornering effect is provided by presenting the air rushing around the sides of the body with a surface to push against when the wheel is turned. With just the wheel disc this air is only meeting the resistance of the leak that still exists between the wheel and the bodies wheel opening and the small gap that exists between the disc and the i.d. of the wheel. Now if we add another disc to the face of the wheel this steering effect will become much greater because the resisting surface is now in direct contact with the air that is being forced over it.
The other benefit which I have tested much more than I would like to admit is they REALLY help keep the rim from bending when you bash into stuff. Be sure to c.a. glue the edges if your a repeated basher.
So in short, get them. put them on the car cause they LOOKBITCHIN'
Is it possible for you ( or anyone ) to test it again with lap time recording, I mean using the transponder and lap counting machine.

Using two identical set of wheels :

test 1 : with wheel disc ON at inside and outside, do it for 4 minutes
test 2 : without the disc at all, do it for 4 minutes
test 3 : with wheel disc ON at inside and outside, do it for 4 minutes
test 4 : without the disc at all, do it for 4 minutes
test 5 : with wheel disc ON at inside and outside, do it for 4 minutes
test 6 : without the disc at all, do it for 4 minutes

Pick four best lap times from test number 1, 3, 5, and average them ( divide by 12 ).

Pick four best lap times from test number 2, 4, 6, and average them ( divide by 12 ).

And compare the result ?
Old 04-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

outside on wheels
Old 04-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks a lot for your insight Contact RC, much appreciated.

Another question to all of you: With the MRX5 came a little insert in the tank. What is the rationale behind this? Is it adjustable to get exactly 125 ccm of fuel, or can we swap to a different insert?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Thanks a lot for your insight Contact RC, much appreciated.

Another question to all of you: With the MRX5 came a little insert in the tank. What is the rationale behind this? Is it adjustable to get exactly 125 ccm of fuel, or can we swap to a different insert?
Usually regulations (especially nationals and internationals) require the total capacity of fuel to be no more than 125cc including and that is inclusive of the fuel line to the carb. As everyone has different lengths and sometimes internal diameter of fuel tubing then you can adjust this Total fuel capacity to stay within the regulations through the tank inserts. The equipment to measure this is usually available before racing at meetings and is used by the scrutineers post race to check your car.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks, but how can I adjust if I would have 130ccm? Different inserts?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Who makes the outside disc? I noticed with the Enetti wheels I get some rubbing on the inside of the wheel on my inner disc just from the bumps on our track. I'm thinking the added disc would stiffen the wheel alot.
Not really they snap into the face of the wheel. The flex at the rear of the wheel (end closest to the chassis) needs to be there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.