Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yes can we talk bout more important things if mugen is reading this, that need to be worked on fast like the side belt on the 5 is too big were running the 4x belt much better fit, also the rear dog bones are to short and y is there no dog bones avil for 4 months now, also the rear shock ball ends are too short u have to screw them all the way out then they strip and push all the way up causing the arm to get hung up, and u would never be able to get it to the outside hole, we here on the team have allready fixed these problems but would like to see the changes from the factory.... lets not even get into the front upper arm tierods that snap like tooth picks when u blow on them, also mugen please make the front bumper out of the old plastic it warps in the sun light...... thank u that is my wish list for christmas
Old 10-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
yes can we talk bout more important things if mugen is reading this, that need to be worked on fast like the side belt on the 5 is too big were running the 4x belt much better fit, also the rear dog bones are to short and y is there no dog bones avil for 4 months now, also the rear shock ball ends are too short u have to screw them all the way out then they strip and push all the way up causing the arm to get hung up, and u would never be able to get it to the outside hole, we here on the team have allready fixed these problems but would like to see the changes from the factory.... lets not even get into the front upper arm tierods that snap like tooth picks when u blow on them, also mugen please make the front bumper out of the old plastic it warps in the sun light...... thank u that is my wish list for christmas
wow!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
+1

No Probs with dogbones though
Old 10-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Ralph, you r running the 4x belt on the side? I tried it and it was to tight on my car. Did u do someting to make it fit?
Thanks Billy
Old 10-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Hi I was wondering does the car need any weights to be added? and if so which position have you added them to?

Currently my new MRX5 is all standard.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PROVK
+1

No Probs with dogbones though
no they wont give u a problem but if u extend the axles all the way out to use lets say grp tires that hit the uprights on the inside and u dont want to trim half the tire away and u set your droop screws to 6 and yes some people run them at 6 there is a chance they can pop out and who wants them slidding back and forth with all that play....just need like 2mm longer..
Old 10-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Hello Ralph, you r running the 4x belt on the side? I tried it and it was to tight on my car. Did u do someting to make it fit?
Thanks Billy
just pull the mid shaft bracket all the way back making the front belt tight, and the side belt tensionor all the way up and it will fit..its alittle sung but its not a problem some say it slows the free rolling of the car but this past weekend me and my other team mate broke the local track record and the fastest laps ever recorded at our club race so it works fine... see if the front belt stretches alittle and u pull it tight the 5 belt gets too loose and u cant push the side belt tensionor all the way down cause it hits the engine.but even with new stock 5 belts and the side belt tensionor all the way down if u hold the front wheel with some resistance and roll the rear wheel backwards it will skip now again some say well your rolling it backwards i say a skip is a skip...and at the last event one of our team drivers had the belt pop off the tensionor so better b safe then sorry!!! ...
Old 10-28-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chubba
Hi I was wondering does the car need any weights to be added? and if so which position have you added them to?

oh yes!!! if u want to make 2525 u need all the weights...and more!! with all the weights except for the 3 on the side cause i have not tested the car with them on yet and checked the balance but the 2 rear 10g and the 2 front 20g, a p909 .30 weight body and 70-71 rear tire and like 64 front like after a long main u will be 10 or more grams under and i am not running lipo im using a big fat 1900 orion nimh that can only b put in from the top. if u want to use lipo u will need another 40-60 grams depending on which one u use.... happy mugening lol
Old 10-28-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chubba

I run the small servos and light wheels but 1600 nimh batt. I have to add 30 gram on the sides and 20 grams on the back. Running 30 mins, I am still 2530g

I think if I made to A main running 45mins, I may be under weight.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

After all the bugs are worked out and tweaks are made will there be a MRX5-R coming out ?
Old 10-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Sure...in a couple of years. They are working on it.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

The MRX-5 is fine. What car is perfect out of the box? The problem with the mrx-5 is the guys that are a little slower before will be faster no questions ask. I know every little help for me is a good one.
IMO
Old 10-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YLLIB
The MRX-5 is fine. What car is perfect out of the box? The problem with the mrx-5 is the guys that are a little slower before will be faster no questions ask.
IMO
Any car that hit the wall or rails at hi speed something will crack or break what I am worried about is the radio problem the glitching I do not want a runway car. I sold my 4X to get the MRX-5 and now I do not think I made the correct choice maybe I go back to the MTX4R 1/10 scale.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Wow, this whole thing sounds like it is getting out of hand, the MRX 5 car is awe inspiring !! I have gone faster at the race at Ft Myers than I have EVER gone even during the winternats. ( that's my home track)

I run regular sized servos, I'm running a 1400 ni-mh battery pack, Ko radio with a spektrum reciever with GRP tires.

I have had NO radio problems ... ZERO, I have 20 grams of extra weight (car is actually 30 grams heavy) running a R-12 body

Yes, I do have to trim the inside of the rear rims on the truer with the GRPs but they do work very well.

I'm running a 264 width and a 9 droop in the rear without dog bones falling out, I only tighten the belts enough so that they do not "click" when I load the drivetrain by hand and this car is as free as any I have ever spun

If you have a 4, sell it ... get a 5 and you will one VERY happy racer.

The guys you race with will be jealous...

just kidding on that last part .
Old 10-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up mrx5

i think this car is the best car outta the box hands down mugen did a great job .... as for glitching i think the airtronics radio equip is def having problems especially the high response mode and or if you are using lipo without a regulator...there are some great tips already posted ..... in my opinion anything that can cause a vibration on the chassis is something to watch ...the one mm shim under the rear of the radio tray to stop servos from vibrating on chassis is big ....also double stick taping the receiver in the box...the cushion absorbs shock....as for holes in the box i dissagree because for years guys have been putting balloons over thier electronics ...no holes...as an added safety that takes 5 minutes to do ground the reciever to the chassis...black wire......i run the ko euros with futaba and orion servos with 2300 protek lipo reciever pack with no problems.....hope this helps..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.