Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The front one way bearing insert can be locked down by adding a wipe or two of super glue to the area of the front upper bulkhead where the two pieces make contact. Just be sure you let the glue dry before you put it on.
Tweak. Check the stuff Ralph mentioned, in addition clearence the radio box with a dremel and make sure your battery is not making contact with the back of the fuel tank sump.
Radio stuff Ive found. Remove your radio/servo bracket and look very closely at the head of the front lower steering servo mounting screw and the rear edge of the front lower bulk head. There may not be contact with the car at rest, but I keep finding "glitching cars" with these area's polished from contact. The other issue I have seen is the screw that runs thru the brake linkage slider that threads thru the deck mounted throttle/brake horn gets set up corectly with play to allow smooth movement. However when the link to the servo horn gets attached the piviot ball is over tightened and while running it will pull the threads in the deck mounted arm and put the hole enchilada in a bind, servo amp draw goes thru the roof and the reciever freaks out...
Old 02-03-2011, 03:29 AM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

New radio tray for the MRX5.

Receiver moved to the exhaust side.
Attached Thumbnails MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-mugenmrx5-6.jpg  
Old 02-03-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i am expecting to see the fix of the front knuckle
Old 02-03-2011, 04:44 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by occ
New radio tray for the MRX5.

Receiver moved to the exhaust side.
Is that MTX5 or MRX5??
Old 02-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

mrx5
Old 02-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

When I assembled mine back in October before the Regionals, I noticed the slack in
the side belt and just added an additional Addjustable Belt Tensioner / YBSlow!
Worked just fine with no issues....
Attached Thumbnails MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-dsc03493.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-dsc03495.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-dsc03498.jpg  
Old 02-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T-BODZ Terry B.
When I assembled mine back in October before the Regionals, I noticed the slack in
the side belt and just added an additional Addjustable Belt Tensioner / YBSlow!
Worked just fine with no issues....
Nice , I still believe the original set-up without another tensioner will work. After I built mine, the tension on my belts seem fine. It took a little time to adjust it to the way I like my belts to feel. Nevertheless, I'm sure when I take it out for an official spin everything will hold up .
Old 02-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walo
Nice , I still believe the original set-up without another tensioner will work. After I built mine, the tension on my belts seem fine. It took a little time to adjust it to the way I like my belts to feel. Nevertheless, I'm sure when I take it out for an official spin everything will hold up .
+1 walo i ran the stock set up it was fine i was bored one day tinkering when i made the extra tensioner .................................................. .......walo new car....new motors...you are on the right path to have a real good season...........................................s ee you soon...
Old 02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
+1 walo i ran the stock set up it was fine i was bored one day tinkering when i made the extra tensioner .................................................. .......walo new car....new motors...you are on the right path to have a real good season...........................................s ee you soon...
What's up Phil? I saw some of the track lay outs you have planned. There are on the money .
Old 02-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walo
What's up Phil? I saw some of the track lay outs you have planned. There are on the money .
yeah they were just some ideas to ralphie but i dont wanna get involved in that.........what ever gets done will be fine......i just race and keep nyrc live growing.....all the track stuff is ralphie/richie.........we got a lot of racing in chaplin too with the nationals....regionals ....and novarossi race....

you gonna love the car...
Old 02-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

theres also an XRay race at Chaplin this season
Old 02-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There will be a new belt out real soon guys for the car..
Old 02-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
There will be a new belt out real soon guys for the car..
Will there be a trade-in program for the old belts?

Just kidding!!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by bsmooth
Will there be a trade-in program for the old belts?

Just kidding!!
your not kidding, You might have well said that about your MRX-5 that probably won't hit the track at least until next year 2012, LMAO. I guess that's why you call yourself be smooth, until you hit the track, then we can call you bruff.......LMAO
Old 02-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Who on here is going to the world? Did anyone whom post on here regularly raced at the pre-worlds? I have some questions?

1. How is the tire wear on the homestead circuit. What shores where mainly used?

2. Did anyone get a chance to see if, Pietsch, Swauger, Fukuda, Rick V or anyone else use the floating or fixed radio option.

3. Did anyone get the setup sheets from the front running Mugen drivers.

P.S Any inside will be a great help for us drivers going to Homestead for the first time. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.