R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #1381
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did Ralphie MEAN that he has 22 inch arms ?? Cause he wrote that he was IN a guy with 22 inch arms ....eewww.

Just kidding, guess I had better get working on the car, things are getting a little freaky in here ...Come on Fort Myers !!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #1382
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
I did a couple of spell checks like most of the time i read Ralph's post
But now Im confussed 22 inch arms no ass How do you do it after a while those arms will get heavy & with no ass to sit down
georgie dont u got oranges to go pick down there or something send me a nice busshel of them and i will place them between my 22 inch arms and squeeze them for u to have nice fresh orange juice with your vodla in the morning!! or i can sit on them with my flat asssss...!! lol

anyhow i canceled my order for the high voltg servos when i want to run the lipo i just use the regulator. just funny how like u said drew the paper work says not to use it and the tech dept told me its ok.. might b 4pk time!!
Byron Fuel, Veytrex Desgin Labs
2014 R.O.A.R. REGION 1 CHAMPION!!
ralphierace13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #1383
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

CSO some new product released !
Attached Thumbnails
MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-cso-mrx-5043.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-cso-mrx-5044.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-cso-mrx-5045.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-cso-mrx-5048.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-cso-mrx-5049.jpg  

RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #1384
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Broken parts

Last edited by rcmike; 01-21-2011 at 09:40 PM.
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #1385
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmike View Post
How about the next time someone breaks a part on the 5,you take a pic of it with your phone and post it on this thread ? I would just like to see where at on the broke part that the stuff is breaking at ? It may help us all on what we can do to the car . thanks
How about if all the manufactures post pics of there broken parts so we can help them out too
Old 01-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #1386
Tech Regular

Default body distance from bumper

Hi there,

with the MRX-4 we used to take 15mm as a standard distance from bumper to edge of body.
With the MRX-5 this distance can not be measured in the same way because the bumper has a different shape with a recessed middle section. So what would be a good starting point for body position? Any experiene?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards, Stefan
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:42 AM   #1387
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default body position

Stefan,If you look at the new set-up sheet on Mugens web site they give you the spot that they mesure from now.Its in the center of the bumper so the demention is a little longer
ltrdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:04 AM   #1388
Tech Initiate

Default Mugen redesigned Rear Upright

Earlier this month did a barrel roll in the second lap of the mains. Broke the rear upright.

At my LHS I noticed that Mugen had already redesigned the rear uprights. They added additional ribs on both sides of the original rib. I'm glad they did this because I've had harder impacts on my MRX4 and never broke a rear upright in this manner.

Look at the attached photos and you can see the part I broke and the replacment part thats available on the shelves here.
Attached Thumbnails
MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-broken-rear-upright.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-new-rear-upright-front.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-new-old-upright-side-side.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-new-rear-upright-side.jpg  
R&TRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:55 AM   #1389
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum2 View Post
Hi there,

with the MRX-4 we used to take 15mm as a standard distance from bumper to edge of body.
With the MRX-5 this distance can not be measured in the same way because the bumper has a different shape with a recessed middle section. So what would be a good starting point for body position? Any experiene?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards, Stefan
stefan im not sure were u r racing but if u r here in the us, and are running a p909 i would not mount the body were the setting sheet says i think mugen setting sheet in my opinion is geared more towards the open flowing tracks of eroupe. if u mount a p909 18mm from the middle nothing on the body lines up at all and u will be cutting too much foward from the wheel openings, also u will have to cut so much foward from the back of the cockpit to get a finger in there to open your fuel tank, i mount it with the mounting pins front and rear all the way back and from the middle of the bumper at least 20mm then if u need more steering u can turn the pins foward and have 23mm.. also the new protoform r-15 was made for the 5 and should be mounted (with pins back) to the pre holes thats marked on the body..
Old 01-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #1390
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

[QUOTE=ralphierace13;8537371]stefan im not sure were u r racing but if u r here in the us,
Ralphie how do we get to the us

I know I know just bustin ur chops
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #1391
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I agree with Ralphie. The wheel wells and tank lid don't line up properly when the body is at 18mm or less.

I have mounted mine at 22mm which I thought was too far. I'm yet to try it so time will tell if that was a good decision or not.

But I have just seen the setup sheet for "Asia" on the Mugen site and that said 22mm.
occ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #1392
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by occ View Post
I agree with Ralphie. The wheel wells and tank lid don't line up properly when the body is at 18mm or less.

I have mounted mine at 22mm which I thought was too far. I'm yet to try it so time will tell if that was a good decision or not.

But I have just seen the setup sheet for "Asia" on the Mugen site and that said 22mm.
yes i too mount mine at 22 with pins back i like alot of steering for our tracks up here.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #1393
Tech Regular

I mounted the p909 at 25mm and the car went from stable to almost un-driveable. Rear of the car just kept stepping out throughout the fast corners and pushed in the slower corners.

I originally had the body mounted at 18mm with little room for the finger to get excess to the fuel tank lid. The car at that stage was able to fight for tq and had set one of the fastest times of the day at our recent state titles. Easy to drive on the limit. However my pitman was going to struggle to get his fingers in to pull the lid, so I mounted the new body forwards. Lets say its an annoying lesson and something I won't do again. I believe 20 - 18mm is the best position for the MRX5 with the p909.
MRCCR - MELBOURNE RADIO CONTROL CIRCUIT RACING
www.mrccr.com.au
West03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #1394
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post
also the new protoform r-15 was made for the 5 and should be mounted (with pins back) to the pre holes thats marked on the body..
Have you tried this Ralph? This is what Robert used to TQ wasnt it?

Also has anyone tried the new 909 with the central fin and lower sides?

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #1395
Tech Regular

Thanks a lot for all your feedback regarding body position. Well, I run in Europe (e.g. Lostallo) and our tracks do not have the grip level of the ones in the US. That means we don't run the PF909 because it is not creating enough steering. We run Zytec or Blitz R09 bodies. Any ideas of the bumper to body edge distance for those? We used to mount them with 15mm on the MRX-4...
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote