R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #811
Tech Fanatic

Default radio problem

Any one experience Radio interference problem on this car.... Why I said that because I have problem in this car only and not my other 2 cars I run. If I switch the same radio gear back to my other cars, it all works fine. I use the Specktrum 3R
We have at least 3 or 4 other MRX 5 run away on the same track within pass 2 weeks. Some of using 4PK with the larger receiver and found that caused problem (box too small to fit) and once they switch, I believe 2 have fixed the problem.

BTW, I use all brand new gear and battery ( I also tested 2 different battery) not the Transmitter which works fine on my V8, HK-1 on the same day!....

I just bought a 4PKS and the mini receive will try on the weekend. This will be 4th attempt

Last edited by kitracer; 10-15-2010 at 08:20 PM.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #812
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer View Post
Any one experience Radio interference problem on this car.... Why I said that because I have problem in this car only and not my other 2 cars I run. If I switch the same radio gear back to my other cars, it all works fine. I use the Specktrum 3R
We have at least 3 or 4 other MRX 5 run away on the same track within pass 2 weeks. Some of using 4PK with the larger receiver and found that caused problem (box too small to fit) and once they switch, I believe 2 have fixed the problem.

BTW, I use all brand new gear and battery ( I also tested 2 different battery) expect the Transmitter which works fine on my V8, HK-1 on the same day!....

I just bought a 4PKS and the mini receive will try on the weekend. This will be 4th attempt

This is what I did with my R113iP 1024PCM receiver module.

1. Open Futaba casing, and take out the electronic board.
2. Glue small alumnium foils to cover the inside of radio box, ( to reduce unwanted radio signals or reduce radio interference from outside )
3. Install small foams to cover the inside of radio box, ( to eliminate engine vibrations )
4. Put the electronic board inside radio box, and close it.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #813
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

BTW, I use all brand new gear and battery ( I also tested 2 different battery) expect the Transmitter which works fine on my V8, HK-1 on the same day!....

only thing i can add might help after i found out the hard way if u use a 6.6 or 6.0 life or lipo even they the volts r in spec when u charge it they go up to 8.4 now i have m11x so i dont know if it happens on other systems but something to watch after a few times u run the car with a fully charged battery its burning something out in the reciver. dont know if that helps..
Byron Fuel, Veytrex Desgin Labs
2014 R.O.A.R. REGION 1 CHAMPION!!
ralphierace13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #814
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post
only thing i can add might help after i found out the hard way if u use a 6.6 or 6.0 life or lipo even they the volts r in spec when u charge it they go up to 8.4 now i have m11x so i dont know if it happens on other systems but something to watch after a few times u run the car with a fully charged battery its burning something out in the reciver. dont know if that helps..
thanks guy
but

We all using 2.4G and I used new 1600 nimh battery that works fine once I installed to my V8 and I tried a Life packed that I borrow, still no good so is not battery.
The problem seems to be the same for all of us, it get stuck at Full throttle for extra 0.1 to 0.5sec at same time the steering lose response as well. Now I think of it, it only happens to me at full throttle ( I adjusted the carb and links so they r free)
Old 10-16-2010, 06:20 AM   #815
Tech Fanatic

one more friend MRX5 radio problem today, this time on Sanwa M11X , new receiver new servos on the car, crashed broke front bumper and shock.

Same thing, out of corner, throttle stuck at full speed then no response from steering
His car had no problem last week and he was making fun of me just yesterday. Now he got the problem!!!!!

We all Testing for FEMCA starting from Monday so this is bad news for MRX5 drivers
Old 10-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #816
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do you use the rubber grommet for the wires leading into the radio box? Could the wires be pinched?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #817
Tech Regular

im using an M11x with brand new receivers, servo(bls351) and batteries life 1600, 6.6 while running in no problem after running in full speed same problem

i was running alone at the track. Have 4 cars with same configuration.

Can anyone share the wiring technique differ from the manual.
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #818
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
one more friend MRX5 radio problem today, this time on Sanwa M11X , new receiver new servos on the car, crashed broke front bumper and shock.

Same thing, out of corner, throttle stuck at full speed then no response from steering
His car had no problem last week and he was making fun of me just yesterday. Now he got the problem!!!!!

We all Testing for FEMCA starting from Monday so this is bad news for MRX5 drivers
I do have some doubts with the rear brake, a large metal brakedisc ticking on a thick axle can cause problems with the receiver. I will not say it is the cause but it could be. Maybe an idea to create a epoxy brakedisk?
Sometimes it helps to put the chassis to the ground of the electrical system.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #819
Tech Adept

Quote:

Hello form Italy!

Are you sure that is a problem of the car? I've heard that the M11X is having some problem..
Infact I have a Futaba 3PK and I would try another radio but many drivers suggest me to wait for the next Sanwa because of this problems. I know that D.Ielasi is trying something new in his radio...
Old 10-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #820
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Couple of things that I looked over very closely when I was assembling my 5

1. I made sure I was using a brand new battery extension cable and that when plugging in to the battery there was NO tension on either cable.

2. I use a KO radio and Spektrum TX/RX , My RX was a very tight fit into the receiver box, I flipped over the reciever so that the servo cables and the battery cable came straight into the box and plugged straight into the reciever and the antenna goes right up the hole for the tube.

3. I would re-bind your radio, when building a new car we turn them on and off setting everything up and sometimes we forget which we turned on first and turned off last and it can plays hell on Spektrum. I did mine

There is no doubt that the reciever box is very tight but if you cram every thing in there and then screw it shut, your gambling. I shortened my servo cables so that they were about 1-2 inches left sticking out of the reciever box.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #821
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
im using an M11x with brand new receivers, servo(bls351) and batteries life 1600, 6.6 while running in no problem after running in full speed same problem

i was running alone at the track. Have 4 cars with same configuration.

Can anyone share the wiring technique differ from the manual.
i am telling u i had the same problem with my m11x u can not use a life or lipo with m11x recivers when u charge them they go up to 8.4 volts its damaging something in the reciver i had the same problem with my mrx4 and i confirmed this with airtronics they agreed and if u go back to nimh after u had the glitch its going to keep happening its too late u damaged the reciver get a new rec and use only the nimh like i did and been running fine ever since.. they and i dont know y this is happening only that the fully charged lipo or life even thou 6.6 or 6.0 volts when peaked is causing damage there only reccomendation is a 6.0 volt regulator.... oh and it wont happen first few times u run it slowly burning something out...also if u are running in hrs mode with out the special reciver made for hrs this will cause a glitch take it out of hrs mode
good luck
Byron Fuel, Veytrex Desgin Labs
2014 R.O.A.R. REGION 1 CHAMPION!!
ralphierace13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #822
Tech Regular

I have solve the issue by taking out the rubber groumet, line inside the receiver box using some silver tape dremel a hole on the receiver box outside and move the antenna wire out of original place it suddenly work. Still using Life pack. Run well for almost 3 hours. Not sure what i did was correct by it work.
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #823
Tech Fanatic

Default solve using 4PKs with the new mini receiver

Solved my problem on the 4th attempt. Bought new 4PKS with the new mini receiver, run 60 laps today no problem.

So far at our track this is the only combo works 100%.
All Spektrum, some Sawna M11x have the same problem.

Car run great using standard setup , finally.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #824
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Im remember they had the same problem in off-road the receivers were getting hot for not getting any air & that's were the problem started from they just took a reamer & placed some holes & the problem stopped just a thought
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:13 AM   #825
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
I have solve the issue by taking out the rubber groumet, line inside the receiver box using some silver tape dremel a hole on the receiver box outside and move the antenna wire out of original place it suddenly work. Still using Life pack. Run well for almost 3 hours. Not sure what i did was correct by it work.
Sounds to me that the receiver box is too much RF-closed, had this problem in the past with the ALU receiver box as well...
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote