R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #316
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Thinking that more ports is faster is wrong. Going out from only Novarossi models the 7 ports models are commercially slower made so the more expensive 9 port engine must be the best to get.

Most other brands have max 7 ports and there is nothing wrong with them. Regarding your GRP/Ninja, if all parts are box stock then there is a lot of room to get more out of it. They are out of the box nice engines but do need some tuning to compete with the best Novarossi, Sirio and Picco models.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #317
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some info on the MRX-5 from the European Championships held in Italy this weekend:
http://www.yome3000.com/forums-lire....6411&f=2#m6411
www.modellismoinpista.com

John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #318
Tech Champion

Interesting to see the very high placement of the screw keeping the rear bodymount in the center. Looks like he is using it as an up-stop?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #319
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Thinking that more ports is faster is wrong. Going out from only Novarossi models the 7 ports models are commercially slower made so the more expensive 9 port engine must be the best to get.

Most other brands have max 7 ports and there is nothing wrong with them. Regarding your GRP/Ninja, if all parts are box stock then there is a lot of room to get more out of it. They are out of the box nice engines but do need some tuning to compete with the best Novarossi, Sirio and Picco models.
So what are you saying not to go with more ports. My GRP is quick and I am still hitting the top needle, I still yet to hit 190 degrees on my motor my problem is that it's hard to find parts for the GRP so I dont want to kill the motor I really like the way it moves. I would like to get a motor that I can find parts for. just incase Talk to me your info is Very helpful.
mugenize1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #320
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis View Post
Some info on the MRX-5 from the European Championships held in Italy this weekend:
http://www.yome3000.com/forums-lire....6411&f=2#m6411
www.modellismoinpista.com

Very nice I want one so Bad
Old 07-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #321
Tech Addict

Does anybody know how much is this kit selling for.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:48 AM   #322
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenize1 View Post
So what are you saying not to go with more ports. My GRP is quick and I am still hitting the top needle, I still yet to hit 190 degrees on my motor my problem is that it's hard to find parts for the GRP so I dont want to kill the motor I really like the way it moves. I would like to get a motor that I can find parts for. just incase Talk to me your info is Very helpful.
Internal timings and flow is making the engine!
I know from a guy that modding the crankcase for a better flow on the exhaust gasses is doing a lot. I know most modders do not mod a used engine but if you can find one who will he can make more out of it.

I have seen many Ninja's and the ones who were competive were all modded.....

If you want a good engine, yes, the Flash is the one to have or others made bij Novarossi like the GMAR, RB C10 and MAX XL9. You want a best efford engine, the Novarossi 35-plus-21 is a beast or else the Kangaroo which in a modded version will run as fast as the Flash modded.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #323
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Interesting to see the very high placement of the screw keeping the rear bodymount in the center. Looks like he is using it as an up-stop?
He could be? We have also found a slight change in the rear of the car by running it high or low. High gives the body more leverage to roll the chassis and low gives it next to no leverage. Mid corner on or off power thru exit is where I have seen a difference. Like I said very slight...
Old 07-04-2010, 06:24 AM   #324
Tech Elite

Quote:
Internal timings and flow is making the engine!
I know from a guy that modding the crankcase for a better flow on the exhaust gasses is doing a lot. I know most modders do not mod a used engine but if you can find one who will he can make more out of it.

I have seen many Ninja's and the ones who were competive were all modded.....

If you want a good engine, yes, the Flash is the one to have or others made bij Novarossi like the GMAR, RB C10 and MAX XL9. You want a best efford engine, the Novarossi 35-plus-21 is a beast or else the Kangaroo which in a modded version will run as fast as the Flash modded.
The 35+21 TUNED hands down is the best bang for the buck. The Max Power XL9TQ is the hottest 35+21 based engine that anybody can get there hands on. Have not seen the Gi-Mar on the track yet and looking at the pricing it might be awhile before I do. There seems to be some debate reguarding the FLASH here in the states, some have put it back in the box due to it's big track nature. It might be a little soft on the bottom end. RB, don't know...we don't have an importer/distributor here in the states at this point.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #325
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
The 35+21 TUNED hands down is the best bang for the buck. The Max Power XL9TQ is the hottest 35+21 based engine that anybody can get there hands on. Have not seen the Gi-Mar on the track yet and looking at the pricing it might be awhile before I do. There seems to be some debate reguarding the FLASH here in the states, some have put it back in the box due to it's big track nature. It might be a little soft on the bottom end. RB, don't know...we don't have an importer/distributor here in the states at this point.
are these the engine's you guys are talking about
Attached Thumbnails
MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-big5glq-wk%7E%24-kgrhqmokiuesnyo2yb7blm5zdd-3q%7E%7E_12.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-busq0pqbwk%7E%24-kgrhqz-h4ev1-0gp8-bl-q3qpzc-%7E%7E_12.jpg  
Old 07-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #326
Tech Addict

Are those the plus engine's your talking about.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #327
Tech Elite

Yes there plus engines. The Latest and greatest aint always so.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #328
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
The Max Power XL9TQ is the hottest 35+21 based engine that anybody can get there hands on.
It's not really based on the 35 + 21. Max is still using the good old 14mm cranks. It's really more of an updated version of the last of the 14mm crank Nova's like the original Kangaroo.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #329
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

The new Flash special ran VERY well for me at the nats! The does have a lil more at the bottom but the flash is a great engine for a mid to large track.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #330
Tech Master

Robert just won the Euro Champion with the 5.
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote