R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2014, 11:55 PM   #2776
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3
Default

Hi everyone

I am new on 1/8. does anyone know where can i get the latest team driver setup?

Cheers!!
magic3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #2777
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3
Default

Hi everyone

I am new on 1/8. does anyone know where can i get the latest team driver setup?

Cheers!!
magic3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #2778
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 33
Default

Here are a couple of setup sheets.

http://www.mugenseiki.com/menueefi.htm

On the left there is a button that says "Setting Sheet".

Good luck!
jherrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #2779
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Default

Hi guys

I'm a new member, i read for long time this forum and i never wrote something... till now eheh.
I'm an italian driver (so excuse me for my poor english..) and i bought a new mugen mrx5wc after 6 year of serpent (from 960 08 till 977...) and after only few races, i have to say that i've done the right move. Of course i can improve my car a lot, but for now i'm quite happy about my new car. I've only few question:
1) which tyres and which width do you use?
2) which bosyshell do you normally use? I know there isn't the perfect one to use everyday...
sorry for the questions, but i was used to other type of car so i've to restart from the beginning
Of course, i hope to be usefull for any question
ciao.
pasqua2291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #2780
Tech Apprentice
 
cosmokitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasqua2291 View Post
Hi guys

I'm a new member, i read for long time this forum and i never wrote something... till now eheh.
I'm an italian driver (so excuse me for my poor english..) and i bought a new mugen mrx5wc after 6 year of serpent (from 960 08 till 977...) and after only few races, i have to say that i've done the right move. Of course i can improve my car a lot, but for now i'm quite happy about my new car. I've only few question:
1) which tyres and which width do you use?
2) which bosyshell do you normally use? I know there isn't the perfect one to use everyday...
sorry for the questions, but i was used to other type of car so i've to restart from the beginning
Of course, i hope to be usefull for any question
ciao.
Interesting,

Would you be so bold as to let us know why you feel that moving from a 977 to a MRX5WC was a good move?

Appreciate, thanks
cosmokitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #2781
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmokitten View Post
Interesting,

Would you be so bold as to let us know why you feel that moving from a 977 to a MRX5WC was a good move?

Appreciate, thanks
Of course, no problem

Serpent's car always had very much steering, but also a quite stable rear end, just a little slippery on throttle during corner exit.
But since i drove the 977 for the fist time i felt very unconfortable , because it was like i had no rear grip at all. I tryed many setup, tyres, bodyshell and additive, but the situation got only a bit better... I never felt like my old 966... It was like i had to wait to accelerate because the rear end wasn't solid enough. To sum up, after a year and half of racing, i wasn't able to push as i want.
So i decided to buy a Mugen, and after only two days of testin in my hometrack in Fiorano, i am able to go fast like (maybe few tenth better) with the 977 on the single lap, but now i'm more consistent on my race pace.
But this is just my opinion, i have an aggressive drivestyle, and i need a very strong car on the rear, because i hit the throttle very hard. In other word, the 977 is not the right car for me
__________________
Nicoḷ Pasqualini (Italy)

Mugen Mrx5 wc- Os Engine - Matrix Tyres- MLC Fuel- Protoform
pasqua2291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #2782
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,042
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasqua2291 View Post
Of course, no problem

Serpent's car always had very much steering, but also a quite stable rear end, just a little slippery on throttle during corner exit.
But since i drove the 977 for the fist time i felt very unconfortable , because it was like i had no rear grip at all. I tryed many setup, tyres, bodyshell and additive, but the situation got only a bit better... I never felt like my old 966... It was like i had to wait to accelerate because the rear end wasn't solid enough. To sum up, after a year and half of racing, i wasn't able to push as i want.
So i decided to buy a Mugen, and after only two days of testin in my hometrack in Fiorano, i am able to go fast like (maybe few tenth better) with the 977 on the single lap, but now i'm more consistent on my race pace.
But this is just my opinion, i have an aggresysive drivestyle, and i need a very strong car on the rear, because i hit the throttle very hard. In other word, the 977 is not the right car for me
Body P909
Tires Ennetti,matrix
Width 252F 263R
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #2783
Tech Regular
 
djiewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasqua2291 View Post
Of course, no problem

Serpent's car always had very much steering, but also a quite stable rear end, just a little slippery on throttle during corner exit.
But since i drove the 977 for the fist time i felt very unconfortable , because it was like i had no rear grip at all. I tryed many setup, tyres, bodyshell and additive, but the situation got only a bit better... I never felt like my old 966... It was like i had to wait to accelerate because the rear end wasn't solid enough. To sum up, after a year and half of racing, i wasn't able to push as i want.
So i decided to buy a Mugen, and after only two days of testin in my hometrack in Fiorano, i am able to go fast like (maybe few tenth better) with the 977 on the single lap, but now i'm more consistent on my race pace.
But this is just my opinion, i have an aggressive drivestyle, and i need a very strong car on the rear, because i hit the throttle very hard. In other word, the 977 is not the right car for me
its a pity you have this experience. To my opinion there is no car wich can`t be setup to have a "solid" rear. I have the 977 this year the first time and got the car solid and very loose on the rear with simple modifications. Very responcive car if setup right. But can also have a "solid " rear if you like it.
But this said the MRX is also a nice car by the looks of it.

have fun.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:25 AM   #2784
Tech Apprentice
 
cosmokitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasqua2291 View Post
Of course, no problem

Serpent's car always had very much steering, but also a quite stable rear end, just a little slippery on throttle during corner exit.
But since i drove the 977 for the fist time i felt very unconfortable , because it was like i had no rear grip at all. I tryed many setup, tyres, bodyshell and additive, but the situation got only a bit better... I never felt like my old 966... It was like i had to wait to accelerate because the rear end wasn't solid enough. To sum up, after a year and half of racing, i wasn't able to push as i want.
So i decided to buy a Mugen, and after only two days of testin in my hometrack in Fiorano, i am able to go fast like (maybe few tenth better) with the 977 on the single lap, but now i'm more consistent on my race pace.
But this is just my opinion, i have an aggressive drivestyle, and i need a very strong car on the rear, because i hit the throttle very hard. In other word, the 977 is not the right car for me
Appreciate your opinion / experience, thanks!
cosmokitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:23 AM   #2785
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
its a pity you have this experience. To my opinion there is no car wich can`t be setup to have a "solid" rear. I have the 977 this year the first time and got the car solid and very loose on the rear with simple modifications. Very responcive car if setup right. But can also have a "solid " rear if you like it.
But this said the MRX is also a nice car by the looks of it.

have fun.
What you say, especially in 1/8th scale, is true, because with rear solid axle, the rear end of the car must always slide a bit if you want corner fast. I have 12 years of experience in this class, and i think i'm quite able to setup a car (even if i never stop learning new things) but during a whole year i wasn't able to have a "solid enough" rear to have a fast car. I will explain better: many times i sticky the rear to the ground, but then the car wasn't fast---> useless... Other times i was able to make my car turning very well, but during corner exit i wasn't able to push, either oversteering.
Do not forget also that track in Usa are very different from Euro ones, also spray with additive the track and additive tyres are two completly different situation... we can talk about it about hours, but the most important thing for me is to have a feeling with the car you drive. And with my 977 i hadn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Body P909
Tires Ennetti,matrix
Width 252F 263R
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmokitten View Post
Appreciate your opinion / experience, thanks!
__________________
Nicoḷ Pasqualini (Italy)

Mugen Mrx5 wc- Os Engine - Matrix Tyres- MLC Fuel- Protoform
pasqua2291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #2786
Tech Fanatic
 
Kanea6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 757
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Has anyone tried the Carbon Fiber Chassis? How does it handle?
__________________
Xray RX8 - OS Engines, VP Fuels, Matrix Tyres, KO Propo

Xray NT1 - Novarossi, VP Fuels, Matrix Tyres, KO Propo

Xray X12- Hobbywing, Thunder Power, Much More, KO Propo, Hudy
Kanea6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #2787
Tech Master
 
choisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,222
Default

it depends what brand fiber chassis you are talking about? some brands are not using real fiber, only fiber on both surfaces. be careful.
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:45 AM   #2788
Tech Fanatic
 
Kanea6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 757
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

The chassis from zeppin if there no good I'll get one made out of the sheets I can get hold off
__________________
Xray RX8 - OS Engines, VP Fuels, Matrix Tyres, KO Propo

Xray NT1 - Novarossi, VP Fuels, Matrix Tyres, KO Propo

Xray X12- Hobbywing, Thunder Power, Much More, KO Propo, Hudy
Kanea6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:36 AM   #2789
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Default

Carbon fiber chassis may only be usefull on very very very high grip condition, but it will be destructive for the engine... Remember that carbon fiber is a worth heat conductor than ergal..
__________________
Nicoḷ Pasqualini (Italy)

Mugen Mrx5 wc- Os Engine - Matrix Tyres- MLC Fuel- Protoform
pasqua2291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:25 AM   #2790
Tech Fanatic
 
Kanea6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 757
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasqua2291 View Post
Carbon fiber chassis may only be usefull on very very very high grip condition, but it will be destructive for the engine... Remember that carbon fiber is a worth heat conductor than ergal..
Ah ok I was thinking opposite i thought it would be good in low grip tracks and terrible in high grip
__________________
Xray RX8 - OS Engines, VP Fuels, Matrix Tyres, KO Propo

Xray NT1 - Novarossi, VP Fuels, Matrix Tyres, KO Propo

Xray X12- Hobbywing, Thunder Power, Much More, KO Propo, Hudy
Kanea6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adelaide Nitro On Road Littlehampton Kodak Hodak Australian Racing 2503 09-19-2014 07:08 PM
MTX 5 seb1109 Nitro On-Road 3141 09-10-2014 09:24 AM
Mugen MRX5? straightaway Nitro On-Road 140 08-23-2007 08:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:58 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net