Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A different engine mount to stiffen up the "flex" in the chassis

They work nicely for added weight
Old 06-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #2132
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbt3 View Post
Does anyone know what these holes are for? The look like extra engine mount holes, maybe for an electric conversion?

The additional screw holes are prepared for stiffen up ( less flex ) in the rear chassis.

I think this is also good idea ( with the additional 2 screw holes ) to ensure the engine mount will not shift during race.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #2133
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
The additional screw holes are prepared for stiffen up ( less flex ) in the rear chassis.

I think this is also good idea ( with the additional 2 screw holes ) to ensure the engine mount will not shift during race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbt3 View Post
Does anyone know what these holes are for? The look like extra engine mount holes, maybe for an electric conversion?

try this

FF25510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:41 AM   #2134
Tech Initiate

Anyone heard of news on when Mugen will pack in new parts (like improved front upper arms) into the kit? My car has enough mileage so I am thinking of selling it and get a new car. Just dont know how long to wait for the new version kit.
Navi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #2135
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Anyone heard of news on when Mugen will pack in new parts (like improved front upper arms) into the kit? My car has enough mileage so I am thinking of selling it and get a new car. Just dont know how long to wait for the new version kit.
be patient, MTX is being manufactured as of know, i bet that once the first batch is done, theyll go for the new improved parts for the mrx line

i read somewhere that 30mm steel turnbuckles is the way to go and reinforcement with j&b around the plastic makes it bulletproof
Old 06-08-2011, 12:50 AM   #2136
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar

MRX5 take 1st (Vector03Cobra) and 2nd (Dasmopar) at the Portage IN Midwest series race!! Wes Lion (red Lion) set TQ with his MRX5 also!
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:48 AM   #2137
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post

MRX5 take 1st (Vector03Cobra) and 2nd (Dasmopar) at the Portage IN Midwest series race!! Wes Lion (red Lion) set TQ with his MRX5 also!
Thanks Das
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:09 AM   #2138
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to max_chen Send a message via Skype™ to max_chen

SSTech Motorsport released newest 1/8 on road clutch shoes.It's yellow and red material then all compatible for MUGEN MRX5.
Attached Thumbnails
MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-mrx5-clutch-shoes_red-1.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-mrx5-clutch-shoes_yellow.jpg  
APlus adjustable clutch system(ACS Clutch)
max_chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #2139
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Setup Definitions

Ok, here's a very silly, stupid question;

When looking at the different setups from our beloved pro's, I see all these different adjustment points on the car.

I have a mild grasp of all the camber, caster, toe, ride height, shock angle stuff, but what about roll center, arm positioning, body mount positioning, shims, spacers, etc....

I have no idea what effect these have on the car, or when to make the adjustment.

If anyone could point me to a link with these definitions, it would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Steve
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #2140
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

You can take a search to the "Hudy setup book" in where all adjustments are explained. Closer to it is the Xray NT1 setup book and the Serpent 960/966 setup book and you can wait for the Xray RX8 setup book.

It is a shame Mugen has not created such a setup book.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #2141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

my rx8 didnt come with one/ are they making a revised one, i have one from my hudy ultimate setup station tho....you can go to xray's site and download the book that way you dont have to wait for anything, mugen is a straight up race company,, i guess they figure if ur racing these 2k plus machines, you know how to set them up? who knows? lol
Old 06-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #2142
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to walo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post

When looking at the different setups from our beloved pro's, I see all these different adjustment points on the car.

I have a mild grasp of all the camber, caster, toe, ride height, shock angle stuff, but what about roll center, arm positioning, body mount positioning, shims, spacers, etc....

I have no idea what effect these have on the car, or when to make the adjustment.

If anyone could point me to a link with these definitions, it would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Steve
There is or was a book on the market called XXX-Main. This book gives an introduction to set-ups. Remember don't guess, always ask questions .
walo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #2143
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post

Regards,
Steve
for knowledge about car setup and know how, you should read xray nt1 car setup and xray t2 car setup. Go to : http://www.teamxray.com, and look for car setup pdf items.

tips : instead of guessing and trying (read : wasting time) to find the best car setup for your car ( like i did in 2004-2006 ), i suggest you to copy top driver's car setup posted in mugen website. Just copy it and use it.

hints: top drivers are paid by car manufacturer to win races, so top drivers will practice and research for the best car handling possible, and they disclosed their setup to their sponsor ( car manufacturer ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #2144
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ARROWMAX
Alum 7075 Pulley
Attached Thumbnails
MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-am-mrx5-h0251c.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-am-mrx5-h0251k.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-am-mrx5-h2201c.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #2145
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
for knowledge about car setup and know how, you should read xray nt1 car setup and xray t2 car setup. Go to : http://www.teamxray.com, and look for car setup pdf items.

tips : instead of guessing and trying (read : wasting time) to find the best car setup for your car ( like i did in 2004-2006 ), i suggest you to copy top driver's car setup posted in mugen website. Just copy it and use it.

hints: top drivers are paid by car manufacturer to win races, so top drivers will practice and research for the best car handling possible, and they disclosed their setup to their sponsor ( car manufacturer ).
lol u kidding, thats the worst advice, everyone has a different driving style!! i did use robert pietch setup and car was terrible then i took that x-ray book went to track, felt what the car was doing and looked throu the book and tryed different things till i got it perfect, there are 5 or more top drives for mugen i seen them in the pre worlds all had basic setups but other things were different, plus they came from different countrys which has much differnt track layouts and differnt pavments r used, download the book and take to the track with u, and understand the book by trying the differnt things...
Byron Fuel, Veytrex Desgin Labs
2014 R.O.A.R. REGION 1 CHAMPION!!
ralphierace13 is offline   Reply With Quote