R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-02-2011, 04:03 AM   #2056
Tech Regular

Hi there,

I just wanted to share with you what I learned about my "glitch problem" this weekend:

Changed the Rx unit in the car and the power leads. Ran the car for 20 sec. and it glitched again. Bummer!

Then I changed the transmitter setting "HRS Mode" to "PPM Mode" in my Futaba 3PK with 2.4 Ghz module and ran the car three days at a national event without any issues.

Don't know why, but my problem was HRS mode which worked with the same servos for years without issues before...

Looking now for a new Tx/Rx combo because there must be something wrong. With PPM mode I have also lost the failsafe functionality...
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:12 AM   #2057
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum2 View Post
Hi there,

I just wanted to share with you what I learned about my "glitch problem" this weekend:

Changed the Rx unit in the car and the power leads. Ran the car for 20 sec. and it glitched again. Bummer!

Then I changed the transmitter setting "HRS Mode" to "PPM Mode" in my Futaba 3PK with 2.4 Ghz module and ran the car three days at a national event without any issues.

Don't know why, but my problem was HRS mode which worked with the same servos for years without issues before...

Looking now for a new Tx/Rx combo because there must be something wrong. With PPM mode I have also lost the failsafe functionality...
i know u have the futuba but i had the same problem with my m11x i had to take it out of shr mode and problem fixed..
Byron Fuel, Veytrex Desgin Labs
2014 R.O.A.R. REGION 1 CHAMPION!!
ralphierace13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:07 AM   #2058
Tech Regular

Ralph,

sounds like we have tracked the issue down. The faster transmission mode seems to give us problems, but this was definately not the case when I had my radio equipment in the MRX-4. As I said, I had it on HRS for years...

Interesting to hear that your M11x shows the same kind of behaviour. I am actually considering to swap my Futaba for the M11 because I like the hand feel of the Tx and the rx unit is really small. Your report makes me think twice...

To me it is clear now that in HRS mode the failsafe circuit "senses" something that it does not like (could be voltage below/over a certain threshold or digital radio signal corrupted) and shuts operation briefly down. After a second or so it comes back alive and the car continues to run normally for a while...

Best regards, Stefan
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:59 AM   #2059
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spar9368 View Post
Hey guys I lost my MRX-5 and it's currently out of stock in my country. Does anyone know the cheapest place I can get a kit and have it delivered to South Korea? If anyone knows any places that does international shipping, that would be great. Thanks in advance!
Dear

I give you the best way to save your money and solve the future problems like as stock issues.

Can u contact RC-Force which is korean hobby shop in South Korea?

www.rc-force.com

U can save the shipping charge and get more service because RC-Force has a branch in USA.

I am a member of RC-Force club in USA.

I got MRX-5, spare parts from RC-Force.

If you want to get more information then contact RC-Force.

Good Luck..!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
csterikim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #2060
Tech Master

anyone knows when the new optional clutch is available?
choisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:49 AM   #2061
Tech Regular

Quote:
Ralph,

sounds like we have tracked the issue down. The faster transmission mode seems to give us problems, but this was definately not the case when I had my radio equipment in the MRX-4. As I said, I had it on HRS for years...

Interesting to hear that your M11x shows the same kind of behaviour. I am actually considering to swap my Futaba for the M11 because I like the hand feel of the Tx and the rx unit is really small. Your report makes me think twice...

To me it is clear now that in HRS mode the failsafe circuit "senses" something that it does not like (could be voltage below/over a certain threshold or digital radio signal corrupted) and shuts operation briefly down. After a second or so it comes back alive and the car continues to run normally for a while...

Best regards, Stefan
You guys should try KO Propo. The latest version, Eurus, is bullet proof.

info@desotoracing.com, www.serpentamerica.com
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #2062
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
anyone knows when the new optional clutch is available?

Some shops are already taking pre orders on the clutch...
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #2063
Tech Adept

Sanwa SDX-801 low profile can be used for gas / brake
spec
Manipulating speed 0.05s/40 - 6.0V
Manipulating Energy 6.4kg * cm 6.0V
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #2064
Tech Master

Quote:
Ralph,

Best regards, Stefan
well i tell u what i learned about the m11x few things, to run it in shr u have to have the shr receiver and the shr servo's or u wont get the shr speed, now here whats messed up u cant run a lipo with it without a voltage regulator, u can only run a lipo with there high voltage servo's but not with any of there receivers lol, makes no sense i worked with there tech guys for awhile on this, also in regular mode and the regular receiver u still cant run a lipo without a voltage reg, when the lipo charges full it charges up to 8.4 and over a few charges it burns out the rec.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #2065
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesoto View Post
You guys should try KO Propo. The latest version, Eurus, is bullet proof.
i agree with u ko is a great radio, but for me i dont like the feel of it, i like the big m11 in my hands.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #2066
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Fulcrum I was reading your post and I had a similar problem. I brought my 4X last year and specifically got digital servos so I could use HRS. After running the car for a few minutes the steering servo would stop working. The throttle servo would continue to work. Switched it to PPM and the problem went away. I run a 3PK with Futaba's FASST system.

So it's not specific to the car. It may have something to do with vibration, but it's working so I'm not fussin with it.

Oh and I had a steering servo glitch yesterday. Found the servo connector was coming loose!
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #2067
Tech Adept

Default radios

hey fellas something i learned at the worlds from Sawamotto of Sanwa ....i'm not sure but havn't had issues since .....worth a try...I did see most of the Pro drivers using a heavy duty or home made power lead or the factory ones that KO and Sanwa give you with the radios in the kit....i heard the power loss of a lesser quality lead was causing the problems...

SROSSIMOTORSPORTS.COM - OS SPEED - PROTO-FORM - PROLINE - MURNAN MODIFIED -KO PROPO- JUN RC JAPAN - RC AMERICA - SPEEDMERCHANT - EAM MOTORSPORTS
Steve Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #2068
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Rossi View Post
hey fellas something i learned at the worlds from Sawamotto of Sanwa ....i'm not sure but havn't had issues since .....worth a try...I did see most of the Pro drivers using a heavy duty or home made power lead or the factory ones that KO and Sanwa give you with the radios in the kit....i heard the power loss of a lesser quality lead was causing the problems...

Pics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #2069
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What is the difference with the new clutch? Have I missed something?

MUGEN / NOVAROSSI / MATRIX
CHRISP76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:04 AM   #2070
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISP76 View Post
What is the difference with the new clutch? Have I missed something?
Here's a pic from REDRC
Attached Thumbnails
MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-thurs-mugenclutch.jpg  
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote