R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #1786
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello everyone. As Billy stated in his previous post I am new to 1/8 scale on-road racing and so far am having a blast. Went to the KO race and met alot of great people and had a ton of fun...thanks to everyone that was invloved in that great race.

As for the the front end parts..first off thanks to John and Billy for letting me help crash my car errr test the parts. Had alot of fun, as I usually do when I hang out with Billy. I'm not a tech guru (yet) by any means when it comes to the 5 and cant supply all the details that Billy can however I can say that I have no doubt in my mind that the J&S parts are way more durable than what came stock on the car. Granted I wasnt blasting the wall every corner, but there was one hit in particular where I turned in too early trying stay punched through the sweeper and slammed the wall probably the hardest Ive hit it since Ive had my car. All I heard from Billy was a huge cheer followed by "YES!!! Bring me that car!!"

After that shot I was really surprised to see that nothing at all was broken with the front end. At any rate...I saw a few of you asking about if the chassis is tweaked or not and Ill get the car over to billy today so he can check it out.

I realize that with 1/8 scale its a war of attrition and keeping the car together and running in long mains is a constant challenge for average racers like myself. In my mind, after hitting the wall like I did and seeing the J&S parts still in tact, I have no doubt that for me, completing a main just became that much easier.

Hope this helps! Take care all..

Jason
maestrojai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:50 AM   #1787
Tech Regular

The old saying in racing is "To finish first you must first finish" which I understand. I am in no way knocking the work you guys are doing to strengthen the car for the majority of racers whom have the odd crash. It still happen to me from time to time, which is part of racing. I also sympathies for the guys new to the sport racing on the American style board tracks with no room for error (Monaco GP track style).

The new car is faster, easier to work on, however its not the tank the 4 was or still is. Keep the the research coming, good work.
MRCCR - MELBOURNE RADIO CONTROL CIRCUIT RACING
www.mrccr.com.au
West03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #1788
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Interesting to see this picture of Robert and his car on Red RC.

Notice where the Antenna tube is???

He must be using that new radio tray which places the receiver on the exhaust side.
Attached Thumbnails
MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-contacttyrestrophy.jpg  
occ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #1789
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrojai View Post
Hello everyone. As Billy stated in his previous post I am new to 1/8 scale on-road racing and so far am having a blast. Went to the KO race and met alot of great people and had a ton of fun...thanks to everyone that was invloved in that great race.

As for the the front end parts..first off thanks to John and Billy for letting me help crash my car errr test the parts. Had alot of fun, as I usually do when I hang out with Billy. I'm not a tech guru (yet) by any means when it comes to the 5 and cant supply all the details that Billy can however I can say that I have no doubt in my mind that the J&S parts are way more durable than what came stock on the car. Granted I wasnt blasting the wall every corner, but there was one hit in particular where I turned in too early trying stay punched through the sweeper and slammed the wall probably the hardest Ive hit it since Ive had my car. All I heard from Billy was a huge cheer followed by "YES!!! Bring me that car!!"

After that shot I was really surprised to see that nothing at all was broken with the front end. At any rate...I saw a few of you asking about if the chassis is tweaked or not and Ill get the car over to billy today so he can check it out.

I realize that with 1/8 scale its a war of attrition and keeping the car together and running in long mains is a constant challenge for average racers like myself. In my mind, after hitting the wall like I did and seeing the J&S parts still in tact, I have no doubt that for me, completing a main just became that much easier.

Hope this helps! Take care all..

Jason
I am jealous,that I didnt get to try them on Sat
Old 03-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #1790
Tech Regular

So how many guys are going to be changing to the new radio tray?? Also does anyone know how much difference there is between the super hard and ultra hard clutch springs? The ultra is harder right?

Thanks guys

MUGEN / NOVAROSSI / MATRIX
CHRISP76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #1791
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Ultra hard is the one you want Chris. The clutch settings with this spring need to be spot on but or it will slip bad.

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #1792
Tech Addict

If I get the front and rear upright disc, does it comes with screw? If not, what kind do i need?
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:31 AM   #1793
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
If I get the front and rear upright disc, does it comes with screw? If not, what kind do i need?
No Screws, 10 3 x 8 counter sunk screws

Mugen Seiki
Max Power Engines GRP Tires Nitro X Fuels "Mugen Blend"
www.rrcsa.org.au
PROVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:34 AM   #1794
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISP76 View Post
So how many guys are going to be changing to the new radio tray?? Also does anyone know how much difference there is between the super hard and ultra hard clutch springs? The ultra is harder right?

Thanks guys
Chris

Change everything electric, battery, servos, wiring the lot.

I wouldnt use any other spring than the black ultra hard, like the one I gave you, and they dont last that long any way, they get compressed.

Mugen Seiki
Max Power Engines GRP Tires Nitro X Fuels "Mugen Blend"
www.rrcsa.org.au
PROVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #1795
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROVK View Post
Chris

Change everything electric, battery, servos, wiring the lot.

I wouldnt use any other spring than the black ultra hard, like the one I gave you, and they dont last that long any way, they get compressed.
As you know I totally changed radio gear, I changed the battery, I took the transponder out, I changed one servo... Weekend from hell! I now have 2 new servos on their way so hopefully I can get it sorted, that's all it can possibly be now.

I thought that was the spring, hopefully Darren bloody gets them!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #1796
Tech Elite

Quote:
As you know I totally changed radio gear, I changed the battery, I took the transponder out, I changed one servo... Weekend from hell! I now have 2 new servos on their way so hopefully I can get it sorted, that's all it can possibly be now.

I thought that was the spring, hopefully Darren bloody gets them!
What radio gear are you using?

Old 03-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #1797
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4 View Post
What radio gear are you using?
I was using spektrum and on saturday night of the state champs I changed to Futaba 4PK. I wacked a fence pretty hard on the Friday and now have a feeling it damaged one of the servos....

Old 03-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #1798
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Smith View Post
I am jealous,that I didnt get to try them on Sat
I didn't want the parts to break, that's why I didn't ask, LMAO. Besides you were too busy already replacing all the stock parts that shattered when you hit the wall hahahahahaha! Gonna be good times when the series is at SpeedWorld!!
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #1799
Tech Elite

Quote:
I was using spektrum and on saturday night of the state champs I changed to Futaba 4PK. I wacked a fence pretty hard on the Friday and now have a feeling it damaged one of the servos....
Just make sure your running the new slim line futaba reciever.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #1800
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4 View Post
Just make sure your running the new slim line futaba reciever.
The receiver I have is R604FS, it has quite a bump where the ariel comes out, is that now the one I want?