Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Hi there,

little question about mounting a body on the front end. How do you guys set-up the body height up front? Do you slam the body all the way down, let it rest on the bumper and then put the pins in the posts to have some up/down play? On the 4 we had body posts which had a support for the body and we adjusted the posts for the given body. Any tricks like that on the 5?
If I take a new body which I had already prepared for the 4 and slam it down up front I have to trim the front lip another 5mm. Right to the point where it almost becomes a sharp edge and looses some stability. Is this the way you mount yours?

Thanks for your feedback and best regards, Stefan
Yes. If you want some support, install some body pins under the the body on the posts. Bend the ends of the clips down a little so there blunt end is not in direct contact with the body. You can cut washers out of left over scrap lexan to shim it up if you want. I let it ride on the bumper and place a strip of lexan tape (radio box tape for rc boats) so that it does not tear up the paint.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks MugenDrew
Old 02-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
The a,b,c,d stuff your seeing is the designation for one cavity in a multiy cavity mold. If you have your parts list find the box with the part in it that you need, you get all the stuff in that box. Yes H0136 is the least expensive way to obtain the ball end.
Yes Drew you're correct, thanks for the help. They just don't sell that part separately.

Last edited by walo; 02-16-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by csterikim

Thank you for your response.

I also checked a lot of pages both mugen official site and rctech forum.
But Mugen did not sell any seperated parts for H0147F of MRX4X and H0136B of MRX5.

Some threads in rctech show Xray NT parts for MRX5 but I really do not know the part number.

MRX 5 is the fastest machine but front parts are very very weaker than MRX4X.

I still have MRX4X for only driving test with new electronic parts like as HV servos and Batteries.

In my opinion, MRX5 is faster than MRX4X but more weak. I think MRX5 is more stable in corner and curve way which is only my thought.

Another thing..

Anybody knows RPM Foam Tires??

I saw the tires last club race which had dish wheel.

Usually, I use GRP and Jaco tires. Please leave your opinion. I will order RPM tires for MRX 5.

Thank you.
I don't think the car is weak. Producing a weaker car was not the intension of the company in my opinion. Parts are made less rigid to generate more flex. The front uprights on the new car (MRX-5) gives you an advantage on tuning options .
Old 02-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walo
I don't think the car is weak. Producing a weaker car was not the intension of the company in my opinion. Parts are made less rigid to generate more flex. The front uprights on the new car (MRX-5) gives you an advantage on tuning options .
You're right..

I mean that front turnbuckle end is weaker than MRX4X which has a regular upright figure..

I'm just compared with MRX4X and MRX5 with front parts.

MRX5 was appeared only few months and New machine has some problems and will be fixed.

I only want to get a replacement part for 0136B because mugen only sells full parts package. I do not want to waste my money.

I agree that MRX5 gives a lot of advantages on maintenance time and tuning options but Mugen company only sells a full package for parts..

Some Drivers like a full package for prepared spare parts but I also enough to have spare parts for front.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default frt end

i used lundsford 25mm long turnbuckles on mine
Old 02-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocketron1969
i used lundsford 25mm long turnbuckles on mine
Thank you for your response.

Now turnbuckles are live but I need ball end...
Old 02-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default What kind of radio?

Originally Posted by West03
I am almost certain that the runaway issues with the MRX5 is related to an increase in frequency noise which effect the receiver. With the receiver mounted so close to the pinion gears and the increase in frequency noise like a bearing which has become a little rough could be triggering the runaways. It could be the reason why Mugen has redesigned their radio tray to include the receiver being mounted in the opposite end.

I had a few runaways during practice at my last club day. After noticing one of the bearings was a little rough, I replaced the bearing with a new one. Since then I have not had an issue all day. I had notice that runaways happened when my trust washer and clutch bearings where at its oldest. At major events, new clutch bells and clutch assemblies are used therefore I have not experience any problem then. They are also more regularly maintain during every run. What do you guys think?
I was under the impression 2.4 ghz radios systems were immune to high frequency noise from metal to metal contact, electric motors, etc. 2.4 ghz is way above the range of any noise that might be generated by your cars drive train. If you're using 75, 27, etc., PCM or FM radios then you may have the problem you describe.

Vibration or heat might cause a problem for the recievers, but not RF noise. I could be wrong though...
Old 02-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

I think mugen have build too strong car in the past, and this year mugen wants to get even ..... they start with front wheels first.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

I am almost certain that the runaway issues with the MRX5 is related to an increase in frequency noise which effect the receiver. With the receiver mounted so close to the pinion gears and the increase in frequency noise like a bearing which has become a little rough could be triggering the runaways. It could be the reason why Mugen has redesigned their radio tray to include the receiver being mounted in the opposite end.

I had a few runaways during practice at my last club day. After noticing one of the bearings was a little rough, I replaced the bearing with a new one. Since then I have not had an issue all day. I had notice that runaways happened when my trust washer and clutch bearings where at its oldest. At major events, new clutch bells and clutch assemblies are used therefore I have not experience any problem then. They are also more regularly maintain during every run. What do you guys think?

I think what you wrote is wrong.

Here are some idea why some mrx5 had runaway accidents :

1. Receiver heat problem ( no air cooling inside tiny radio box )
2. Vibration problem. Not enough damping between receiver and radio box. If I put very thick double tape foam, the receiver casing actually touch the radio box.
3. Squeezing all cables ( 2 servos, 1 power, 1 transponder ) in one cramped exit hole probably creates electronic noises.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by asw7576
I think what you wrote is wrong.

Here are some idea why some mrx5 had runaway accidents :

1. Receiver heat problem ( no air cooling inside tiny radio box )
2. Vibration problem. Not enough damping between receiver and radio box. If I put very thick double tape foam, the receiver casing actually touch the radio box.
3. Squeezing all cables ( 2 servos, 1 power, 1 transponder ) in one cramped exit hole probably creates electronic noises.
I am not saying what I wrote is right. Just a theory, as to what you listed above as problems are things I tested months ago. Regarding the receiver getting hot, what after 4 laps and then causing the car to runaway.

1) If the receivers are getting hot, why did mugen move the receiver next to the exhaust?

2)If the electronics is too cramp why didn't they just make the receiver box larger?

If you can explain to me what their reason is for moving the receiver to the other end of the car furthers away from the engine and pinions that would give me a better understanding.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

I am not saying what I wrote is right. Just a theory, as to what you listed above as problems are things I tested months ago. Regarding the receiver getting hot, what after 4 laps and then causing the car to runaway.

1) If the receivers are getting hot, why did mugen move the receiver next to the exhaust?

2)If the electronics is too cramp why didn't they just make the receiver box larger?

If you can explain to me what their reason is for moving the receiver to the other end of the car furthers away from the engine and pinions that would give me a better understanding.
Why dont you email mugen seiki ?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Tim are you running KO Brand specktrum or some other?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Hey Tim are you running KO Brand specktrum or some other?
Ko ex10 with spektrum. I have a sanwa m11x coming in soon to use at the worlds. Always used the ko with no problems. Others here, who had radio problems with the 5 used the 3PK. Seems random. Have you had any problems yet?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

I don't like the idea of having the receiver box on the other side. With this design all the cables have to be routed across the chassis... The original design can give a clean wiring if done right...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.