Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Tires to use

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Default What Tires to use

To anyone out there. I am getting ready to go to my first Fuel nats. 12 size Touring Sedan. I was wondering if anyone knows what tires they alow? And what tires do you recommend.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

foam. maybe like 42 front, 37 rear
Old 03-12-2002, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry I am kinda dumb I guess. But what do you mean 42 front, 37 Rear.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by BallPy
Sorry I am kinda dumb I guess. But what do you mean 42 front, 37 Rear.
The number represents the shore rating of the tire. In other words the softness. A 42 shore foam tire will be harder than a 32 shore.
Old 03-12-2002, 07:51 PM

Something in the 37 to 42 shore range will usually work. I usually use a 42 shore frt and a 40 shore rear.If you have to go more than 5 shore difference front to rear look for another problem, springs, shock oil ect. If you are going to try jaccos try a douple purple frt and a purple rear, part no. for the jacco 28mm are 2155 and 2158. Calandra Racing Concepts,[CRC] makes another good foam tire in 28mm frt and 30mm rear, they are called track magnets, part # 2120 and 2119. Not for sure if you can run 28mm and 30mm foams at the NATS though.
Old 03-12-2002, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by bbntc3
Something in the 37 to 42 shore range will usually work. I usually use a 42 shore frt and a 40 shore rear.If you have to go more than 5 shore difference front to rear look for another problem, springs, shock oil ect. If you are going to try jaccos try a douple purple frt and a purple rear, part no. for the jacco 28mm are 2155 and 2158. Calandra Racing Concepts,[CRC] makes another good foam tire in 28mm frt and 30mm rear, they are called track magnets, part # 2120 and 2119. Not for sure if you can run 28mm and 30mm foams at the NATS though.

Would you happen to know what shore the jaco double purple/ purple are??? Or how much of a shore difference is there between the two??
Old 03-12-2002, 08:18 PM

the jaco's are in the 37 to 42 shore range, I think jaco rates them both at 40 shore. I don't have a durometer so I can't say for sure. I do know the CRC's , Jacos, and the Treadz, all wear and feel very close to the same. The treadz for sure have a rating of 42 and 40. Some people don't like the Jacos because they say the chunk easier than the others, but I raced with the Jacos all last season and only chunked 2 tires. Could have been just luck, I guess but I get better deals on the Jacos, and I can make them work, so thats what I use.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

the jaco's are in the 37 to 42 shore range, I think jaco rates them both at 40 shore. I don't have a durometer so I can't say for sure. I do know the CRC's , Jacos, and the Treadz, all wear and feel very close to the same. The treadz for sure have a rating of 42 and 40. Some people don't like the Jacos because they say the chunk easier than the others, but I raced with the Jacos all last season and only chunked 2 tires. Could have been just luck, I guess but I get better deals on the Jacos, and I can make them work, so thats what I use.
Well i believe the jaco's do indeed chucks a lot, but they are for me the best tire that i have run on. I'm running yokomo's standard firm and hi traction firm in the rear because the life of the tire is greater with reduce chucking in the rear. They are definetly not the same combo and stick that the jaco's double purple/purple has. I'm going to try some elligi's and see how i like them.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:58 PM

I've been looking at the elligi has also caught my eye but have not bought them yet. I put cav glue on the side wall of the jaccos so that kinda helps the chunking problem, hell for $10 to $11 dollars a set I can afford to chunk a few!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

I've been looking at the elligi has also caught my eye but have not bought them yet. I put cav glue on the side wall of the jaccos so that kinda helps the chunking problem, hell for $10 to $11 dollars a set I can afford to chunk a few!
Where do u find them for that price??? I'm willing to get back on the chucking bandwagon at that price.
Old 03-13-2002, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default calandra jaco's

why buy calandra's jaco tires ? all they do is put the jaco's tires in their package and add 2 dollers on the price. not to mention i hope the jaco 1/10 foam rims are stronger than the p.o.s. 1/12 scale foams , that break and crack , at the most lightest bump. but . ace-hobbies, and speedtechrc has pretty good prices to me on foams.
Old 03-13-2002, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: calandra jaco's

Originally posted by carpet_killa
why buy calandra's jaco tires ? all they do is put the jaco's tires in their package and add 2 dollers on the price. not to mention i hope the jaco 1/10 foam rims are stronger than the p.o.s. 1/12 scale foams , that break and crack , at the most lightest bump. but . ace-hobbies, and speedtechrc has pretty good prices to me on foams.

The jaco 1/10 foam rims are very delicate also. Which put them in the p.o.s. status. The inside hex is very easily stripped for some odd reason. The traction of a new set before these variables show their ugly head is very good to me. I wish jaco fix the apparent complaints from the consumer and they would have the ultimate foam tire.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Sounds like I am going to have to try a couple of different Foams. Thanks guys for helping me out.
Old 03-13-2002, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by BallPy
Sounds like I am going to have to try a couple of different Foams. Thanks guys for helping me out.
I like the ZAC Project (Kawahara) 40 shore 26 mm multiring in thew front and the 35 or 37 shore 32mm multiring in the rear. I will also try the Mugen Fast tire as well. I can get them shipped from HK for $14 a set, which isn't all that bad.
Old 03-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

ZAC I have never heard of those. It only cost you $14 for them? That is a good price. Are the 32mm legal in a roar race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.