Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba Megatech

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Futaba Megatech

is there a difference between Futaba and Megatech? I am looking at buying a 3PK and there are 2 versions-the black and the silver. Are these the same or is on crappy and the other good? Are these 3PK's good radios in general?
Old 03-24-2004, 11:34 PM
FTSPEEDWAY

I have the megatech 3pk the only difference is futaba inlcudes recharable batteries with theirs , but they are nicads and suck anyway if im not mistaken. The 3pk is an awesome radio. There is no difference between the silverish goldish one and the black one.

Old 03-25-2004, 01:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default FTSPEEDWAY

FTSPEEDWAY: where did you purchase your 3pk (also is it the HRS or PCM version) from I am thinking about getting the megatech (black) version also. However I hear that there is not warranty on this version. Do you know if this has any validity? do you have any pics of your radio?

thanks Jason.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default wild gopher

wild gopher: how is your sts .12 doing? I am thinking about getting the D3. Have you had good succes with it?

thanks Jason
Old 03-25-2004, 06:19 AM
che
Tech Regular

If you reside in North America and buy the Asian version (Megatech) instead of the American version (Magnum), the warranty will not be honoured by Futaba US. You will have to ship it back overseas, or send it to Futaba Us for repair, but pay for labour and parts.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:26 PM
FTSPEEDWAY

i bought mine from a seller in h.k. via ebay. It was brand new in the box with 2 9451 digital servos for $315. Also if you buy it from over seas you have to get 27 mhz.

Old 03-25-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I too have the Megatech 3PK when its first come out.....you can ship the radio for Futaba (in IL) for repair, but sure, NO WARANTY at all, you have to pay for all the part and labor...also, they DO NOT have parts for 27mhz, 40mhz and other ODD/ILLEGAL freqency that are not used in US.

I learned my leason....my 40 mhz suddenly decided NOT to work....Futaba said the only parts they can provide are the 75 mhz system.....and that means, I should buy another NEW 3PK is probably the same price as the repair/parts and labor...

Just to let you know...................

The small little different between MEGATECH and MAGNUM is....the crystal is OPEN (for remove and replace or change) and US Magnum version is sealed by a black tape (that you can cut away and change crystal)
Old 03-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

JScamry, the STS engine is a pretty good one for the price. It can be competitive with all the high end engines but i have heard of weak conrods, but none that I have encountered

Thanks for all the info on the 3pk, and like someone said about the ebay HK dealer, thats the reason for my post....because i saw it there for a decent price