Wiki Posts
Search

Xceed 1/8 tires -reg. vs. lite weight

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Xceed 1/8 tires -reg. vs. lite weight

Looking for a little feedback here. I'm getting ready to order tires for this summer and have decided on Xceed brand. Can all of you who have experience with them tell me what tell me what you think of the regular weight compared to the lite weight versons.
Thanks,
G
Old 01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Looking for a little feedback here. I'm getting ready to order tires for this summer and have decided on Xceed brand. Can all of you who have experience with them tell me what tell me what you think of the regular weight compared to the lite weight versons.
Thanks,
G
Reg Tires are good but they handle much differently. I run xceed lightweights and i prefer them over regs. anyday!! they have more grip and more steering and make the car react faster. They are a little bit less resilient than the Reg but if you are going to buy serious foam tires you shouldnt be bouncing off walls anyway anyways i would go with Lightweights if you know you are not going to be bouncing off walls but if so go with regulars.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

To add to Gordos comment, with the light weights u save on a lot of suspension parts when u do impact the boards at times (or at least I do). they'll break but they also take a lot of energy away from the rest of the car so usually the only thing that does break is the wheel not the car
Old 01-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
Reg Tires are good but they handle much differently. I run xceed lightweights and i prefer them over regs. anyday!! they have more grip and more steering and make the car react faster. They are a little bit less resilient than the Reg but if you are going to buy serious foam tires you shouldnt be bouncing off walls anyway anyways i would go with Lightweights if you know you are not going to be bouncing off walls but if so go with regulars.
Originally Posted by motojon
To add to Gordos comment, with the light weights u save on a lot of suspension parts when u do impact the boards at times (or at least I do). they'll break but they also take a lot of energy away from the rest of the car so usually the only thing that does break is the wheel not the car
First of all these are Serpent drivers being a Mugen driver you shouldn't listen to them, they will guide you in the wrong way maybe after the Novarossi race, then and only then you can take there word(Me I wouldn't)P.S I love watermelon
Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gotmotor
First of all these are Serpent drivers being a Mugen driver you shouldn't listen to them, they will guide you in the wrong way maybe after the Novarossi race, then and only then you can take there word(Me I wouldn't)P.S I love watermelon
You been sittn` in front of the computer in your underwear for too long!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Lord

The lightweight rims are to fragile, if you are not close (within 0.5 sec a lap) to the toplevel drivers you should stick with the normal rims
Old 01-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Thanks,
G
I have seen to many people drop out of a race due to the light weight rim breaking. for as much time as you will gain ( hardly none ) i would rather finnish then get tookin out due to a rim malfunction. stick with the regular ones just my two cents
Old 01-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gotmotor
Shut up Matt!!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

if for fun also choice STD wheel
racer also use LW wheel .
Old 01-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The xceed foams are sooo fragile..

accidently clipped a wall, and broke the spokes...

installed a new pair.. going good, then tried to overtake another guy on the track, and broke the spoke again..

Im going to try matrix foams next.. anyone have any feedback on them?
Old 01-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

I run the xceed lights for qualifying at the bigger races. I believe they are 20grams lighter. I wouldnt run them in a main tho.