R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   2010 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/364345-2010-great-lakes-challenge-toledo-ohio.html)

Brian Berry 01-26-2010 04:12 AM

2010 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio

Dates have been set for this years Great Lakes Challenge (known as the GLC). Due to the World Championships being held in Houston in late July, the One Eighth Racers of Toledo have decided to move from the traditional first weekend in August, to the week before Labor Day. This will make it more convenient to attend both events (if you choose).

2010 Great Lakes Challenge date: August 26-29, 2010.

More info on entry forms, hotel info, travel tips will follow as the event gets closer. Entry forms typically come out around the 1st week of May.

bmclean 01-26-2010 06:32 AM

Sounds good Brian marking the dates down.

JRGTR 01-26-2010 07:56 AM

How is the weather at that date? like the past nationals??? because I like cold weather:nod:

Brian Berry 01-26-2010 05:30 PM

Yeah dates are similar to the Nats last year. The weather at that time was perfect and no rain. You like cold weather.....summer racing may not be for you then.... ;-)

mcsquish 01-27-2010 04:35 AM

Thanks for the information Brian! Now only if it would warm up a few degrees (like 65, yes it's 15F right now). :cry:

Brian Berry 01-29-2010 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by mcsquish (Post 6914933)
Thanks for the information Brian! Now only if it would warm up a few degrees (like 65, yes it's 15F right now). :cry:

Scott,

So are you planning on running a couple times this summer with the club?

seabass2500 06-27-2010 09:23 PM

Hey Brian. I am sending in my entry now. Will we have a periodically updated entry list here as usual?

Looking forward to the race!!!

Also, is there another thread in the nitro forum, or should there be the usual 'sticky' placed there?

Clay

Brian Berry 06-28-2010 05:29 PM

2010 Great Lakes Challenge Entry Form

Here is the link to the 2010 GLC Entry Form. There will be list updates as necessary. If you send in your entry with an email address, a confirmation email will go out.

Hope to see you all soon!!!

http://www.racersoftoledo.com/PDF/GLCEntryForm2010.pdf

Scooby Horton1 06-29-2010 07:06 AM

What tires do you guys use out there normally in touring car?

XPHamer 07-01-2010 06:30 AM

It is always good to have something to look forward to and at the end of this summer, we will be hosting the 12 Annual GLC.

The goals of the GLC are to see friends, have a good time and be part of a First Class competitive Race.

To make this happen we have a Great group of Sponsors. Shepherd, Byron Fuel, Kyosho, Futaba, Serpent America, Mugen Seiki, Jaco, Specktrum, CEFX, Dynamite, OS Engines, RC America O'Donnell, Max Engines, Hudy, EDS Tools, Tornado Fuel, Murnan Modified, KO Propo and YBSlow, Inc.

ToysRUsKid 07-01-2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by XPHamer (Post 7614346)
It is always good to have something to look forward to and at the end of this summer, we will be hosting the 12 Annual GLC.

The goals of the GLC are to see friends, have a good time and be part of a First Class competitive Race.

To make this happen we have a Great group of Sponsors. Shepherd, Byron Fuel, Kyosho, Futaba, Serpent America, Mugen Seiki, Jaco, Specktrum, CEFX, Dynamite, OS Engines, RC America O'Donnell, Max Engines, Hudy, EDS Tools, Tornado Fuel, Murnan Modified, KO Propo and YBSlow, Inc.

I think you left out Sky Rocket :sneaky:

fossil 07-04-2010 03:39 PM

Track work at Toledo

Brian and Ted were busy preparing the track this last Saturday and installing the sun shade on the drivers stand, and several or more of the club members were there last Friday. Saturday was an open day at the track and Paul Ciccarello, Ted, and myself were breaking in engines, etc. and having a great time.

The weather was sunny with a slight breeze that made it very enjoyable under the race sheds. The track is in great shape and the traction was not too bad considering there were only a few cars running on it Saturday compared to a club or race event.

My tire combination was 35's all around to begin , and during the course of the day I switched to 37's all around and the car ran great getting both forward and lateral bite.

Looks like another great track to run on for 2010.
:D
Remember, to find your entry forms head to http://www.racersoftoledo.com/entries.html.

XPHamer 07-06-2010 09:41 AM

Yes, Dorian thanks for the sponsorship help.

Sky Rocket has now also stepped on board as a GLC sponsor this year.

1fastdude 07-06-2010 09:49 AM

Ted, you have a PM

ToysRUsKid 07-06-2010 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by XPHamer (Post 7635005)
Yes, Dorian thanks for the sponsorship help.

Sky Rocket has now also stepped on board as a GLC sponsor this year.

Can't take credit, Tory's a great guy and good friend.