Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys I own a picco torque .12 in my CO2 and was just wandering what are clutch settings because i found this engine in this car has a very small tuning window. Also im having inconsistency throughout a final where clutch tends to slip. Just wondering if its the red clutch shoe i've being using.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BBQboy
Hey guys I own a picco torque .12 in my CO2 and was just wandering what are clutch settings because i found this engine in this car has a very small tuning window. Also im having inconsistency throughout a final where clutch tends to slip. Just wondering if its the red clutch shoe i've being using.
BBQ been running the exact same setup for most of the year. Never had a problem with tuning or with the clutch slipping. Are you sure your not just going to aggressive with the clutch to start with????
Old 11-23-2012, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rebuild the clutch using the 'WCE Clutch Manual' found here:

http://www.capricornrc.nl/downloads

This will give you a good basic setting. Depending on the engine you can adjust the spring pretension until the clutch starts slipping. When it starts to slip reduce the preload by a quarter turn and you should have an excellent clutch.
The highest value of preload I ever used was 1,1mm.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

i,ve been using this engine the 2011 version this year and have had some problems with low end power. Untill the last clubrace on the RACO i gave it some turns on the preload. That transformed the engine into a rocket
Had a lot of fun with it in the final, the car with exploding excellaration out off the turns. BIG FUN GREAT ENGINE.
Too bad i didn`t try it during the nationals. And the tire wear was the same though.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Lightbulb "Speaking of Clutches".........

Out of Curiosity, has anyone tried using the Xray NT1 #338583 conical clutch washer spring set on the LAB C01 ? These washers do fit and I started playing with them back in September however, our outdoor season suddenly ended due to lack of interest before I could get the car on the Track and "Dail it In".....Oh Well.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el salvador
Out of Curiosity, has anyone tried using the Xray NT1 #338583 conical clutch washer spring set on the LAB C01 ? These washers do fit and I started playing with them back in September however, our outdoor season suddenly ended due to lack of interest before I could get the car on the Track and "Dail it In".....Oh Well.
We've tried it in the Gas Tourer class that we run here in Queensland (max 1 hp engines), but the clutch kept on slipping with the engine that doesn't rev very hard (O.S.12TG). We have never tried it in the unlimited horsepower Tourer class, as we are very happy with standard black spring, red shoe & steel bell. We tried conical spring in the other class because cars with optimum clutch settings can have nearly 20 percent more speed in the class. There is also an option to turn fly-weights leading or trailing if you use the 2 hole weights. Perhaps Daan from DS Motorsports might know more about how conical springs perform in faster engines.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
We've tried it in the Gas Tourer class that we run here in Queensland (max 1 hp engines), but the clutch kept on slipping with the engine that doesn't rev very hard (O.S.12TG). We have never tried it in the unlimited horsepower Tourer class, as we are very happy with standard black spring, red shoe & steel bell. We tried conical spring in the other class because cars with optimum clutch settings can have nearly 20 percent more speed in the class. There is also an option to turn fly-weights leading or trailing if you use the 2 hole weights. Perhaps Daan from DS Motorsports might know more about how conical springs perform in faster engines.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Thanks for your input Lars, what it suggest to me is that I could be "Barking up the Wrong Tree"......I mostly race on a medium (at best) to low traction parking lot Track, where run time is more important than Horsepower. Having a softer hitting clutch that is less likely to "Unsettle the Car", usually works better. I'll probably go back to the Kit spring then.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Didn't your clutch worked well at the Nats in September Joel? I thought you were happy with it? I don't believe the engine is making the clutch slip, if the clutch works well with other engines; Taynton is running that engine without trouble; and he is very fussy about clutch settings. Don't know if have already tried it, but perhaps it would be worth trying a new (red) clutch shoe.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Didn't your clutch worked well at the Nats in September Joel? I thought you were happy with it? I don't believe the engine is making the clutch slip, if the clutch works well with other engines; Taynton is running that engine without trouble; and he is very fussy about clutch settings. Don't know if have already tried it, but perhaps it would be worth trying a new (red) clutch shoe.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
I have that so I've ended up using a harder shoe to get more consistency Lars but at night the clutch went well I know it's cooler that everything. But I was wandering if u could send me a pm about how u set ur clutch Lars if you want too
Old 11-24-2012, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

I have that so I've ended up using a harder shoe to get more consistency Lars but at night the clutch went well I know it's cooler that everything. But I was wandering if u could send me a pm about how u set ur clutch Lars if you want too
Ygpm
Old 11-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

You won't go wrong if you listen to advice from Daan and Taynton!

As far as Chance and I go; we use 0.5mm Clutch gap, 0.2 - 0.3mm end play, standard black clutch spring and Peter Snr. has told us to set the pre-load at 0.5mm (to start with). We have one clutch with standard fly-weights, an another with 2 hole fly-weights which we use the same direction that standard flyweights allow. We used 0.7mm preload in Bangkok with a new spring (springs lose some tension when they're get old), for the SQR engine that Chance liked best. The fly weights blow out with bigger clutch gaps, or if end play gets bigger than 0.3mm.

Probably no interest to you, but the clutch that we use for the Gas Tourer class is different with modified parts from other manufacturers.

Make sure that you don't have a pre-load nut from your old NT1 in your clutch, they're different.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default A fun video...

http://capricornrc.com.au/latest-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue2BGnaL1jA

I've scraped the bottom of the barrel of video clips to put together a CapricornRC video for the Worlds in Thailand.

We apologise that there is very little footage of the team on track as Luke was limited with his assistant role and the camera fogged up badly in the humidity and a lot of footage was unusable.

I would like to also apologise to anyone that was driving a capricorn rc car that I havent creditted, the myrcm results had no sponsor information. If anyone knows of drivers please send me a PM with their names and I'll update the video.

h

Last edited by blis; 11-25-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
http://capricornrc.com.au/latest-video/

I've scraped the bottom of the barrel of video clips to put together a CapricornRC video for the Worlds in Thailand.

We apologise that there is very little footage of the team on track as Luke was limited with his assistant role and the camera fogged up badly in the humidity and a lot of footage was unusable.

I would like to also apologise to anyone that was driving a capricorn rc car that I havent creditted, the myrcm results had no sponsor information. If anyone knows of drivers please send me a PM with their names and I'll update the video.

h
Well done, audio was very well themed
Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Doh... obsolete already

http://www.redrc.net/2012/11/caprico...02-wc-edition/
Old 11-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default C02 Worlds Edition

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to say the C02 Worlds Edition is ready, Cap will probeably announce it one of these days officially.

Only 100pcs is produced.

Upgrades are:

All suspension parts in hard plastic version
New belts
New spring pipe support
Weight under tank
F1 sway bar
New 2speed shaft

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.