Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default Team Capricorn wins 2012 pre worlds!!

Congratulations to Francesco Tironi to Win the 2012 pre worlds!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Excellent result for Tironi and Capricorn, perfect practice for the real event in november.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Old 01-30-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can someone measure the inside diameter of the 2speed holder alu and the diameter of the 2speed gear? Thanks

Christian
Old 01-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chovden
Can someone measure the inside diameter of the 2speed holder alu and the diameter of the 2speed gear? Thanks

Christian
You mean this by the inside diameter?.

The diameter of the second gear is 40,60mm for the 47 teeth one.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, thank you

Christian
Old 01-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Do you know if the xray 2speed holder fit capricorn second gear spur?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does not fit.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Why would you want to do that?.
If you want to use Capricorn gears I suggest to use the entire Capricorn gearbox. The Capricorn gearbox is superior to the Xray one if you ask me, the shifts are smoother and faster.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Why would you want to do that?.
If you want to use Capricorn gears I suggest to use the entire Capricorn gearbox. The Capricorn gearbox is superior to the Xray one if you ask me, the shifts are smoother and faster.

Its not for a xray or capricorn but i need that combination of parts to make it work on my car so before I order parts it would be nice to know if they fit together.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Its not for a xray or capricorn but i need that combination of parts to make it work on my car so before I order parts it would be nice to know if they fit together.
Ok, I understand. If you need more dimensions regarding Capricorn parts just let me know.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default Weight distribution

On Facebook I saw Tironi's car with more weight on the right hand side than on the left. Now we all know that without weight the car is alway a bit heavier on the right hand side. A member commented and Patrizio founder of Capricorn said if I understood him well "since we ran clockwise i.e. more right hand turns we wanted more weight to the right" but isn't a balanced car better between left and right?
Old 01-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Victorian State Titles 2012 - CapC02 - Reliability.

Red chassis' dominated the field at the Lilydale track and it was our first real outing with the car in race mode.

C02 Setup:
Tyres Starting: Capricorn 37 Shore, 62r 60f
Springs: RED Capricorn
Droop: 0 front - 4 rear
Wheelbase: Short
Diffs: 200front - 70rear
Camber: 3rear 2front
Tow: Front: 1 out - Rear 2 in
Castor: 1mm front - 2.5 rear
Top arms: Front L 3pm, R 9pm - Rear L 5pm - R 7pm
Sways: front 90 degrees, rear std bar.
Clutch: .5mm clutchnut - .2 endplay - red shoe - std spring
Track width: r 200mm - f unsure.
Shocks: Stock box setup

Engines: Nova 353 + Cap LAB E01 hard tuned

While many will accuse me of running the engines fat, we were out to finish and didnt expect to make the finals. Within the first 2 hours of practice and tuning the rear camber to suit track Luke posted times 1 second faster than our TM EVO which we had many years to setup

The car was beautiful on track, suspension worked superbly and the car was stable into and out of the corners. Two speed was smooth and with a little setup had it working wthout being sloppy (DS - I cant see how a grub screw will work in the small clutch)

AS many of you have seen the videos the chicanes leading onto the back straight at Lilydale are critical as is the back striaght exit intot he chicane and around the keyhole. The car was so responsive that Luke managed to adjust his lines to improve his time through these sections and did it consistently, credit goes to the car as it's hard for a driver to adjust his lines if the car is inconsistent

While our expectations were only to finish well in the semi, we leaned up the E01 (more than we would usually) and went for a good run. Again the consistency of the car proved to be the greatest asset and we crept into the a-main in 9th position.

We were having engine tuning issues with throttle overrun, and earlier the cap/nova carby popped up and I assume we had an air leak. In the final the same occurred after 10 mins into the race but Luke could still circulate without much trouble.

The major plus for the car was it['s consistency through the race, I expected the car to perform better at 60/58 diameters and it did. Starting at 62/60 37shore in very hot conditions, Luke intentionally drove smoothly and preserved his tyres, perhaps a little too much as we finsihed the 30 minute final with a lot of tyre in hand.

Regardless, the car was a major factor to our enjoyment, over the 6 rounds and two finals the car didnt fail us at all. I continually inspected the 2speed screws and ensured the clutch was setup and that's about all we did short of clean it. Awesome car, and very good result for us to make the a-main and finish 6th due to others falling out.

In the 4 years we're been racing I dont think Ive come across a car with so much attention to detail, race heritage and most important of all excellent reliability.

From our perspective, there's more in the car and with a little more to extract from our engines it leaves us very content that the C02 is a great choice for anyone who is frustrated with reliability and performance, the car delivered, the driver had a chance to be comptetitve and it's a credit to the manufacturer.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blis
Red chassis' dominated the field at the Lilydale track and it was our first real outing with the car in race mode.

C02 Setup:
Tyres Starting: Capricorn 37 Shore, 62r 60f
Springs: RED Capricorn
Droop: 0 front - 4 rear
Wheelbase: Short
Diffs: 200front - 70rear
Camber: 3rear 2front
Tow: Front: 1 out - Rear 2 in
Castor: 1mm front - 2.5 rear
Top arms: Front L 3pm, R 9pm - Rear L 5pm - R 7pm
Sways: front 90 degrees, rear std bar.
Clutch: .5mm clutchnut - .2 endplay - red shoe - std spring
Track width: r 200mm - f unsure.
Shocks: Stock box setup

Engines: Nova 353 + Cap LAB E01 hard tuned

While many will accuse me of running the engines fat, we were out to finish and didnt expect to make the finals. Within the first 2 hours of practice and tuning the rear camber to suit track Luke posted times 1 second faster than our TM EVO which we had many years to setup

The car was beautiful on track, suspension worked superbly and the car was stable into and out of the corners. Two speed was smooth and with a little setup had it working wthout being sloppy (DS - I cant see how a grub screw will work in the small clutch)

AS many of you have seen the videos the chicanes leading onto the back straight at Lilydale are critical as is the back striaght exit intot he chicane and around the keyhole. The car was so responsive that Luke managed to adjust his lines to improve his time through these sections and did it consistently, credit goes to the car as it's hard for a driver to adjust his lines if the car is inconsistent

While our expectations were only to finish well in the semi, we leaned up the E01 (more than we would usually) and went for a good run. Again the consistency of the car proved to be the greatest asset and we crept into the a-main in 9th position.

We were having engine tuning issues with throttle overrun, and earlier the cap/nova carby popped up and I assume we had an air leak. In the final the same occurred after 10 mins into the race but Luke could still circulate without much trouble.

The major plus for the car was it['s consistency through the race, I expected the car to perform better at 60/58 diameters and it did. Starting at 62/60 37shore in very hot conditions, Luke intentionally drove smoothly and preserved his tyres, perhaps a little too much as we finsihed the 30 minute final with a lot of tyre in hand.

Regardless, the car was a major factor to our enjoyment, over the 6 rounds and two finals the car didnt fail us at all. I continually inspected the 2speed screws and ensured the clutch was setup and that's about all we did short of clean it. Awesome car, and very good result for us to make the a-main and finish 6th due to others falling out.

In the 4 years we're been racing I dont think Ive come across a car with so much attention to detail, race heritage and most important of all excellent reliability.

From our perspective, there's more in the car and with a little more to extract from our engines it leaves us very content that the C02 is a great choice for anyone who is frustrated with reliability and performance, the car delivered, the driver had a chance to be comptetitve and it's a credit to the manufacturer.
Great news well done!

I was quite surprised as i never heard anyone using the short wheel base setup. Did you really feel a big difference and what CONS did you have if you had since its the best car out there and what are the PRO's off power steering or on power steering?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Another success for Capricorn tourers in the Australian AARCMCC Victorian State Titles this last weekend; with Chance Karlsson, Peter Jovanovic Jnr. (TQ) and Ashley Seaward all using CO2 chassis and SQR engines on the podium.

The support from Capricorn Australia was simply overwhelming. P.J. Snr. (with the help of Luke) stayed up until well after midnight on Saturday to make sure that Chance had a great racing car when he had problems with his car on Saturday. Then P.J. Jnr. made sure that the set-up was immaculate, and lent Chance his spare engine to top it off. Chance reported that the car was the best he's ever raced after this awesome assistance, and that he could virtually power through the corners like with an 8th scale.

Anyone in Australia that wants a great car; set-up to perfection and the best possible support, should contact Peter Jovanovic Snr. of Capricorn Australia or Chris Watchorn for Queensland racing. There is no way Chance could have done it without the support from Capricorn RC Australia.

We thank our sponsors Capricorn RC and Shaolin Kempo for their support.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.