Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Capricorn LAB-C01 >

Capricorn LAB-C01

Capricorn LAB-C01

Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
Your talking about two of my mates of Middle Eastern Appearance who get together one night and "Shazam" - MacGiver is reborn again.
One reason which may explain this is the fact that these two Gentlemen have changed more car brands between them than I have undies in the last 12 months. Oh Johnny woohnt ya come back hohoome- Xgay misses you.
kickarse, Johnski left xray and it ended up winning the tourer state titles in NSW. Looks like they shaked the monkey off their backs and won a NSW title Joke John, all good, the cap looks like a beast
Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Default a new idea..

hi

to make a good down stop with the front blade BAR
just a littre grinding dremel on the chassis and the front bumper

And the possiblity to run the car with the two options....blades or wire

G
Old 04-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This solution above is not safe??
I use it since 1,5 years in nearly 25 races across Germany, France, Luxembourg and Italy; plus many practice sessions...!
This "solution" has nearly 19 litres through and alive some rollover, crashes and hard bumps!
No problem!

But today i make an update:

Regards,

Michael

---------------------------------------

WWW.BLACKRACING.DE CAPRICORNRC.DE
CAPRICORN LAB-C01 - XRAY NT1 2010 - XRAY T3 '10
Old 04-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Now it is perfectly safe
Old 04-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

where do you guys buy parts for this car? thanks for the info
Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Kamikazercracing.com
Old 04-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ,

Was lucky enough to get my hands on one of these bad boys on the weekend cant wait to start building it
Old 04-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

thanks,

Team Kamikaze, DS Motorsport blackyblackman, georges972 ...

Regards,
Old 04-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok,

the ideal would be to use the Front Anti Roll Bar 2.5mm (CAP-17056), for example?

After all they are two different settings, anti roll and downstop.

Rds,

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
You can see it mounted to the car on the picture below:

As kamikaze mentioned you have to cut off the existing downstop tab on the lower wishbones.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

I hear a lot of good things about this car. The two criticisms I heard is it's durability and the need to use other car parts to make it work right. I like to see things first hand before coming to my opinion. But I did see xray parts in those photos... I heard you needed to use xray springs depending on track and xray two speed springs. Why buy a car that you need to buy another cars parts to make it work??? I'm not hating on this car. I am thinking about getting back into racing, but I also don't want the headache of searching for other brands parts to make this car work. I was leaning towards purchasing this car. But if what I heard is correct, I guess it makes more sense to o with an xray if the xray works out of the box.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Joe,

Whats up...

The Capricorn does not need any parts from others cars. it is more about personal preference. For that matter people running Xrays use transmission parts from the Capricorn, if they personally want to. It is not done out of need, but sometime people doe things since they are cheaper or easier to get for some reason. Capricorn now has additional choices for the springs. when it first came out there was only 1 set, now there are 2. The car stock with a simple set-up will work great out of the box. Trust me on that. Nothing against the Xray or other cars, just do not want to think the Capricorn is a second choice to any other car. The Capricorn has it all and performs great.

Good luck on your choice,

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Hey Joe,

Whats up...

The Capricorn does not need any parts from others cars. it is more about personal preference. For that matter people running Xrays use transmission parts from the Capricorn, if they personally want to. It is not done out of need, but sometime people doe things since they are cheaper or easier to get for some reason. Capricorn now has additional choices for the springs. when it first came out there was only 1 set, now there are 2. The car stock with a simple set-up will work great out of the box. Trust me on that. Nothing against the Xray or other cars, just do not want to think the Capricorn is a second choice to any other car. The Capricorn has it all and performs great.

DJ Apolaro
Ditto.

The car is great out of the box. There is no need to use parts from other cars on this beast.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potenci
Ok,

the ideal would be to use the Front Anti Roll Bar 2.5mm (CAP-17056), for example?

After all they are two different settings, anti roll and downstop.

Rds,
I'm sorry but I don't understand your question, could you try explaining it a bit more?.

Originally Posted by Joe Chaplow
I hear a lot of good things about this car. The two criticisms I heard is it's durability and the need to use other car parts to make it work right. I like to see things first hand before coming to my opinion. But I did see xray parts in those photos... I heard you needed to use xray springs depending on track and xray two speed springs. Why buy a car that you need to buy another cars parts to make it work??? I'm not hating on this car. I am thinking about getting back into racing, but I also don't want the headache of searching for other brands parts to make this car work. I was leaning towards purchasing this car. But if what I heard is correct, I guess it makes more sense to o with an xray if the xray works out of the box.
The only thing which is less durable compared to the Xray are the two speed gears and pinions.
Because these are so small (15T vs 17T) they wear out a bit quicker, same thing for the spurgears (52 vs 60)
Maybe a very good hardcoating could keep the pinions in shape for a longer period, but advanced coatings come with a pricetag.

The gearbox is very good, I actually have people who are running the Xray ordering Capricorn 2speed springs at my shop because they give a more consistent shift, the Capricorn springs are even harder then the Xray hard springs.
Because the small size of all the gearbox parts the shift is almost instant, no hearable gap.

The shocksprings supplied in the kit (black springs) just work, I've tried different springs various times but the stock ones always come out best.
On every track I've been to thus far I ran the same shock/spring combination.
Only when you drive on a very bumpy parking lot track you will need softer springs.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Hey Joe,

Whats up...

DJ Apolaro
Hey DJ,

I been well. Thanks for asking. Just working hard, about to start my own CPA practice and keeping my third eye on R/C racing lol. You came along way since Royal Palm. Congrats.

Danny and I are still good friends--- we talk about once a week. Abraham thinks and I as well that I need to pick a car and no more changing. I appreciate your constructive feedback.

I'm probably going to pick up this car, just for the kicks. But if my clutch is slipping, I'm warning you now I'm going to steal yours lol. Just playing.

How have you been? By the way, you need to sue forgass for that photo :-)

Joe Chaplow
Old 05-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dougday
Ditto.

The car is great out of the box. There is no need to use parts from other cars on this beast.
Hey Doug,

We chatted at many of races.... Don't know for sure you remember me. Thanks for the feedback. Hope to see you around soon.

Joe Chaplow

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.