Ok, last monday and tuesday I ran the car for the first time since last october.
On tuesday the grip was still low but driveable (not spinning out every time I hit the throttle) and laptimes started to get close to what I run normally.
So I decided to test some of the new body's with the benchmark being the Blitz RS4.
I tested the Blitz Cruze, P37 and P56. Didn't had time to test the new Kruzer.
With the Blitz Cruze I was 0.28 seconds a lap slower then with the RS4. On turn in they felt pretty much the same but on on-throttle corner exit the Cruze had a lot more steering, actually too much since the traction was low and the track is a very open and fast track. On a tight technical track with some hairpins the Cruze should work very well. In the highspeed corner it was a bit understeering compared to the RS4 but this is down to the wing position, with the RS4 I have the wing all the way to the front and with the Cruze it was still in the middle.
The P37 didn't handled very well and lacked overall downforce, the car was spinning out in the highspeed corner and understeering in the low speed corners. I was around 0.5 seconds slower with this shell. It was cut out using the cutting lines. I will test it some more but just like the R5N it just didn't feel good.
The P56 handled very good and was positioned exactly like the P37. Very stable in the highspeed but plenty of cornerspeed in the low speed stuff.
Really liked how this body handled, I was 0.18 seconds slower as with the RS4 but the tires were already worn down to 53.8mm
(Yes I always run them to the rim
With a good set of tires like I had on the RS4 and some more finetuning I think this will be the shell to run on an open high speed track.
I mount all of my body's 3mm in front of the front axle, seems to be the magic number for me. Gives a very neutral feeling with the wing in medium position.
Engines were very fast and easy to tune on the Capricorn fuel, even when the engine was screaming on the backstraight with 53.8mm tires the temperature stayed reasonable and it had a nice brownish color on the inside.
I'm planning on testing this saturday again, after that I will post my revised setup. Already made some changes which worked very well.