Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

http://kamikazercracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=LABC01
from Feb 10-16 sale on Capricorn Lab sedan $575!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Perfect Valentine's Day gift tell her it's red and you want it!!! $575 @ Kamikazercracing.com only 3 left!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Like DS says... If Capricorn's manual was at Xray's standards, he would be able to assemble the car even if its his first...
Yes, every car/brand has it weakpoints, Xray/NT1 included.

Originally Posted by omegaf
Only one request i got for you Capricorn distributors. Please make sure people are aware that the manual is outdated. Maybe a sticky here or on your websites. Yes it is for advanced users (in terms of real engineering it is actually one of the easiest designs I have seen) but wrong instructions are wrong instructions and even if you got a pretty good clue of what the parts are, you can be thrown completely off track.

by the way, the bottom ball cup you have in the photo is different to the one the manual shows. I have installed the one the manual shows and the length of the shocks is still correct. i dont think i can change it now. the plastic is pretty tight.
I've already taken this step and supply all the labs sold through me with additional manuals regarding the shocks, clutch and tips and tricks.

I assume you have a longer ballcup in the kit?. I'm currently running the medium ballends on my shocks instead of the short ones.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry but the complexity of these cars is laughable to someone who has worked with some serious engineering drawings for 2 years. I know very well what I am doing. I can put this thing together with my eyes closed if i didn't have a manual giving me wrong instructions. At the very least an engineer is supposed to trust 100% the drawings of the manufacturer. How am i supposed to guess that the manual is wrong? In my scenario, either the manual was wrong or parts were missing form the kit. There is no third option. Thanks for the feedback though.
Nice you like the car, see you at the track.

Pass you soon...

(speak you in a few weeks...)
Old 02-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rbakker
Nice you like the car, see you at the track.

Pass you soon...

(speak you in a few weeks...)
Huh? The guy lives in London Roy, don't think you will be racing him.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

We Are very sorry abouT the instruction manual of the kit
The first release 1.1 is in the kit but after we make 2 update
The 1.3 with the new damper spare parts and other trick is in download website
http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn/cms.php?id_cms=7
Old 02-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

i just checked 1.3 on your site and it still shows the wrong parts.
it shows two rubber wipers for the shaft instead of one. It still shows the old plastic washer, it still says that the metallic washer is in bag S when it was in bag D in my case and last but not least two items have the same part number CAP16003. All that just on page 5 which is the first thing you do. Not exactly encouraging.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i just checked 1.3 on your site and it still shows the wrong parts.
it shows two rubber wipers for the shaft instead of one. It still shows the old plastic washer, it still says that the metallic washer is in bag S when it was in bag D in my case and last but not least two items have the same part number CAP16003. All that just on page 5 which is the first thing you do. Not exactly encouraging.
Well sell it and buy another brand kit if you aren't happy with it, since you dont plan on racing it i'm sure someone else will get better use out of it
Old 02-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike 78
Well sell it and buy another brand kit if you aren't happy with it, since you dont plan on racing it i'm sure someone else will get better use out of it
That's a bit cruel...
Old 02-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

one more question about the shocks.
i have assembled them as the instructions state down to the last comma. the dimensions are accurate and i have triple checked everything.
the problem i have is that the nut at the end of the piston inside the shock actually protrudes into the rubber gasket on top when the damper is fully compressed. at the same time, having installed the springs, they are not a secure fit on the dampers. i mean the springs wobble about even when the stiffness ring is adjusted to the specifications.
is all this normal? when the dampers are installed in the car are they slightly compressed so the spring sits tight and does the movement of the suspension arms prevent the nut at the top of the shaft from puncturing the rubber gasket inside the damper?
Old 02-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

i have assembled them as the instructions state down to the last comma. the dimensions are accurate and i have triple checked everything.
the problem i have is that the nut at the end of the piston inside the shock actually protrudes into the rubber gasket on top when the damper is fully compressed. at the same time, having installed the springs, they are not a secure fit on the dampers. i mean the springs wobble about even when the stiffness ring is adjusted to the specifications.
is all this normal? when the dampers are installed in the car are they slightly compressed so the spring sits tight and does the movement of the suspension arms prevent the nut at the top of the shaft from puncturing the rubber gasket inside the damper?
yes when installed , the weight of the car will settle them
Old 02-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

I've made my shocks a bit shorter then what is advised in the manual.
Mine are 66.7mm in the front and 67.2mm in the rear.
However on the front shocks I use an Xray lower ballend since I ruined the original one. But I actually like the Xray ones better, as you can see these cover the entire thread of the shock shaft, were the rears are still exposed.

Fronts:

Rears:

It's normal for the spring to be loose, the "stiffness ring" doesn't change the spring's stiffness but is used to set the ride height.
It will be normal when the car is put onto it's wheels.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

thanks. the shocks look good then.
i just hit another major problem and i can't do the diffs.
the overall quality of this kit so far has been a joke.
one of the diff shafts has a hole that is not big enough for the pin to fit in.
i checked it against the other shafts and one of them definitely has a smaller hold than the others and no pin fits in. looks like a manufacturing fault.
the manual has more mistakes too. the screws needed to mount the pulley on to the front diff are not allen. no allen screws match those holes. instead they have some philips head screws that do the job but there is no description of them in the manual or in the screw chart.

seriously come on now. someone is taking the piss.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The Serpent 733 uses the same type of screws to mount the pulley also. It is not a problem. Keep at It!!!

Pass you soon...
Old 02-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

i can't keep at it. i need a replacement part at this point. one of the drive shafts for the rear diff does not have a hole big enough for the pin to fit. if i can't fit the pin then obviously the shaft will come loose. it's a manufacturing fault.
i'm on hold until they send me a new part.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.