Last weekend we had the last round of our club championship (Mach Heemstede).
I still had a very good chance of being club-champion, the difference between me and the championship leader was only 1 point.
Saturday practice went very well, the track was in a pretty good condition because of the amount of cars on track.
The car was dialed the minute it hit the track, in my third run I matched my personal best within 1/100 of a second. Note this was only my third day with the car on my home track.
On sunday I endured some engine issues, today I discovered caused by a damaged carburetor o-ring, so I had to switch to my spare engine for the main final. Because of the engine issues I only managed to qualify in 7th spot.
Car wasn't as good as with the Lab engine (simply lacking power) but it was drivable again.
After the start I was already in third place and was quickly catching second.
Right after the first fuelstops I was leading the race, however during the fuelstop my pitman told me the championship leader already crashed out and I decided to lower the pace a bit, and cruise to the finish in third place. Didn't want to make a mistake and damage the car as I don't have any spares yet.
So with this third place I became the 2010 club champion.
Until now I've done around a 1000 laps with the car and the wear has been minimal.
No signs on the outdrives or driveshafts, gears and pulleys still look like new.
Plastic and ball links still have no play what so ever.
But something really impressed me were the shocks, saturday evening I decided to open up the shocks for the first time since I builded them.
They were still completely air free but want to check them because of the important race on sunday.
As most of you know after one day of running the shockoil turns greyish, especially the rears, because of the dirt which enters the shock along the shaft.
But with these shocks the oil was still completely clear.
This means the seal is pretty much perfect, and will leave you with a very reliable and consistent shock absorber.
Also the membranes were still like new, didn't were all swollen like the Xray ones do.
Setup remained the same as the one I posted earlier, only added 0.5mm of caster when I switched to the spare engine as this was causing overall understeer because of the lack of power.