Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

everything,i want to take a closer look in it.
can you upload it?
Old 06-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
everything,i want to take a closer look in it.
can you upload it?
You might be able to download a Manual from Capricorn RC's website, (the EU/Italian site). The manual is just a CAD color printed tiny note book w/no useful specs, just sequenced step by step assembly instructions, Part #'s, a default and blank setup sheet. With the exception of the necessary design changes to execute what is essentially a Billet/Uber Bling version of the NT1 and with all of the interchangeable parts w/the NT1, that simualarity stops w/the manual. I wish I had the computer skills and required equipment to load you a manual, but sorry, I do not.

BTW, Patrick, (rx7ttlm) I should have invited you to "Throw yourself and your X-Rated car" into Jacko's car and both of you come North and race with us @ FWR! I tend to forget my manners.
EDIT- Never mind, as we got rained out yet again!

Last edited by el salvador; 06-20-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Couldn't Edit the "RAIN" out of todays program!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
one of the guys here said it was 2.4, I was skeptical so I asked for the pullies.
Patrick, why were you skeptical about the 2.4? I told you the info was from Xtreme RC Cars magazine performace test. Don't you trust them to provide accurate information?
Old 06-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by el salvador
You might be able to download a Manual from Capricorn RC's website, (the EU/Italian site). The manual is just a CAD color printed tiny note book w/no useful specs, just sequenced step by step assembly instructions, Part #'s, a default and blank setup sheet. With the exception of the necessary design changes to execute what is essentially a Billet/Uber Bling version of the NT1 and with all of the interchangeable parts w/the NT1, that simualarity stops w/the manual. I wish I had the computer skills and required equipment to load you a manual, but sorry, I do not.

BTW, Patric, (rx7ttlm) I should have invited you to "Throw yourself and your X-Rated car" into Jacko's car and both of you come North and race with us @ FWR! I tend to forget my manners.

i can't download it.the link does not work.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

well i finished the build and everything went together beautifly except for the one missing part but epic is taking care of that, and yes race ready with nihm and normal servos it weighs 1680g! and for the price and what u get i say capricorn all the way. i would have to order xray parts online too so if it handles as good, and im guessing better it just seems like the better choice, for me anyway
Old 06-21-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default carbon diff gears

Hi Guys
has anyone had any issues with destroying the carbon diff gears?

ive been running mine foir about 3 full race meets including 30 min a finals with no problem. on the weekend 2 guys running the nt1 with carbon gears destroyed the gears during a race.

im a bit concerned about leaving mine in now..
Old 06-21-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el salvador

BTW, Patrick, (rx7ttlm) I should have invited you to "Throw yourself and your X-Rated car" into Jacko's car and both of you come North and race with us @ FWR! I tend to forget my manners.
EDIT- Never mind, as we got rained out yet again!
Um, ok. LOL
Old 06-21-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
Patrick, why were you skeptical about the 2.4? I told you the info was from Xtreme RC Cars magazine performace test. Don't you trust them to provide accurate information?
I don't trust other peoples math. I am an engineering student . So the REAL internal ratio based on the numbers I have is 2.05:1. I am mounting a new body which you probably haven't seen so I can come out to a non rain race and show you how fast the NT1 really is. hehe
Old 06-21-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Hi Guys

ive been running mine foir about 3 full race meets including 30 min a finals with no problem. on the weekend 2 guys running the nt1 with carbon gears destroyed the gears during a race.

It's been reported in the NT1 thread that people have had problems with the Xceed carbon gears made for the NT1...but so far no reports of problems with Capricorn's gears.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

was chris running the lab at nationals,it didnt look like it at tech?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the capricorn lightweight drivecups are 9.7g.. how much are the xray ones?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
I don't trust other peoples math. I am an engineering student . So the REAL internal ratio based on the numbers I have is 2.05:1. I am mounting a new body which you probably haven't seen so I can come out to a non rain race and show you how fast the NT1 really is. hehe
If the body is an R5-N, that's what I will be running at TZ on Saturday...if it doesn't rain.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtnman
was chris running the lab at nationals,it didnt look like it at tech?
He runs for Serpent now.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Hi Guys

No problems what so ever, I already did 2000 laps with them and no signs of wear, they still look brand new.
I will change them mid-season though as a precaution.
The only way to destroy them I think is when you don't have enough oil in the diffs. The gears will loose their lubrication, heat up and break.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
does anyone have the manual?
i can't download it from the site.
You can find the manual and setup sheets here:

http://capricorn.blackracing.de/

Greets,
Black

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.