Capricorn LAB-C01

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Tech Rookie

I was wondering if anyone has tasted the rear upper arm (14009) in the lab c02, what are the differences in the track between 14009 and 18002k?
thanks
Old 07-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jngrc
I was wondering if anyone has tasted the rear upper arm (14009) in the lab c02, what are the differences in the track between 14009 and 18002k?
thanks
I doubt that there would be any difference, as suspension geometry can be made the same with either link. Perhaps someone that's tried it could enlighten us further? However; the CO2 arm (18002k) makes camber adjustments really quick and easy.

Kindest regards,
Lars,
Old 07-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with Lars,
With them not effecting the geometry in anyway I would say they wouldn't make any difference in performance and with, as Lars pointing out, the originals being so easy to use in adjustment........ I would say they would be the better option myself.

BM
Old 07-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

OK guys,

Sorry I have been out a coupe of days, but since I got back from California I have been busy with my real job. I find that the newer link system does actually give more rotation after initial turn in. The inital it pretty similar, but after that the C02 has more steering/rotation. I think it may be because the new system has no flex compared to the old more link type system. With a link there is more flex so as the plastics flex they give traction to that areas in the rear. As with the new system there is no flex in the rear link, thus taking away traction.

With my C01 I would always use the lower roll centers in the middle at every track. With the C02 I use it a lot in the bottom now. I feel it has a lot to do with the change in the rear camber link.

Not to mention it is nice for adjustments!!

Not sure if this helps, but it is what I have noticed.

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

That makes alot of sense ..... thanks DJ
Old 07-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Hi DJ

First congratulatin on the victory last weekend

Will you share your setup with us

And does anyone have a idea on my problem , the point where it switch to 2 gear changes round by round. And its not because Im all over the place , lap times within 4/10 sec. I have been taking i apart 3 times now and also changed the hole unit , maybe I do so something wrong

Thanks

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
OK guys,

Sorry I have been out a coupe of days, but since I got back from California I have been busy with my real job. I find that the newer link system does actually give more rotation after initial turn in. The inital it pretty similar, but after that the C02 has more steering/rotation. I think it may be because the new system has no flex compared to the old more link type system. With a link there is more flex so as the plastics flex they give traction to that areas in the rear. As with the new system there is no flex in the rear link, thus taking away traction.

With my C01 I would always use the lower roll centers in the middle at every track. With the C02 I use it a lot in the bottom now. I feel it has a lot to do with the change in the rear camber link.

Not to mention it is nice for adjustments!!

Not sure if this helps, but it is what I have noticed.

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi DJ

And does anyone have a idea on my problem , the point where it switch to 2 gear changes round by round. And its not because Im all over the place , lap times within 4/10 sec. I have been taking i apart 3 times now and also changed the hole unit , maybe I do so something wrong

Thanks
Some ideas:

Tyre wear
Slipping Clutch
It's on backwards
Asymmetric shoe tension
Worn shoes
Old 07-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Hi DJ

Thanks
All those that blis mentioned .... I would also check engine tune. A rich bottom end on the engine with either a lean or good top end may give inconsistant gear changes.

BM
Old 07-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Hi DJ

Thanks
Sorry for the delay. I have been crazy with work and my Dog has been sick and I have been pretty busy with that.

Here is my Airtronics Set-up

If you guys have any questions just ask. The traction was good, but not traction rolling. Weather was good, maybe 80's and the track is a parking lot.

DJ Apolaro
Attached Files
Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Lóók at me -> http://youtu.be/4kaQ8njHE_s
Old 08-02-2012, 02:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Grouse video man !

Btw fuel guns are quicker
Old 08-02-2012, 02:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Grouse video man !

Old 08-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xray man
Grouse video man !

I use them for 1:8... Im just not a fan of the cable tie method, I like to see and feel the tank shut on a tourer.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Fair enough, wateva tickles ur pikle
Old 08-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi DJ,

What springs you used for this track?

Thank you
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Sorry for the delay. I have been crazy with work and my Dog has been sick and I have been pretty busy with that.

Here is my Airtronics Set-up

If you guys have any questions just ask. The traction was good, but not traction rolling. Weather was good, maybe 80's and the track is a parking lot.

DJ Apolaro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.