Capricorn LAB-C01

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Rookie

HEY DS... DO YOU DRILL OUT THE TOP OF YOUR SHOCK ABOVE THE DIAPHRAM TO LET AIR OUT??? JUST NOTICED A HOLE IN IT ON THE SECOND LAST PICTURE ON THE RIGHT SHOCK.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed6
Pre Order

Carbon Fibre Wheel Disc
Front bumber post mod
Noted, will let you know as soon as they are available.

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Does the car feel ok with full size servos or do I need to drop 300 to get ko propo rsx one10 servos? For a club racer...or how about ko 2413's?
It's defiantly not mandatory, I'm pretty sure none of us will notice the difference on track. I've simply bought them because they fit nicely in the super narrow radio tray I designed. I do think the RSX line of servos is exceptionally good in terms of feel and performance.

Originally Posted by NITROAUS
HEY DS... DO YOU DRILL OUT THE TOP OF YOUR SHOCK ABOVE THE DIAPHRAM TO LET AIR OUT??? JUST NOTICED A HOLE IN IT ON THE SECOND LAST PICTURE ON THE RIGHT SHOCK.
It depends on the track conditions. When there is a lot of traction I like to run with a very small amount of rebound or no rebound at all. It settles the car down and makes it easier to drive. The hole in the shock cap makes is very easy to build a shock with almost no rebound.
When the traction is low or average I prefer some rebound (4mm spacer when I build the shocks) and thus use a closed shock cap.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello everybody!
Could somebody give some infos about the bodyshel triming?
Is there any special length between the shel and the bumper ( like 1/8 scale ) or just trim it at the better position?
Sorry for asking , but I am waiting My car and i need something to abstract my mind from delivery time....
Old 05-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the response DS. It's nice to see guys working on their cars like the old days...

As for the body position, I would search both the c01 and c02 threads because I recall reading a discussion on this. If I remember correctly simply align the front wheel, centering it within the wheel well circle imprinted in the lexan, then cut real wheel well to final rear tire location.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by s.i.jerefos
Hello everybody!
Could somebody give some infos about the bodyshel triming?
Is there any special length between the shel and the bumper ( like 1/8 scale ) or just trim it at the better position?
Sorry for asking , but I am waiting My car and i need something to abstract my mind from delivery time....
Most mount the body centered with the front axle and front wheel arch for their first body. For most bodies (Blitz RS4, P37, SRS-N) I end up mounting them 2-4mm in front of the front axle to have some more front end downforce which can be compensated by moving the rear wing back a bit more.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Last weekend we had the second round of nationals at the Rucphen track which hosted the B-euros last year.
Traction was quite low for this track for the entire weekend but finally we had some nice weather with only some minor rain showers.
My car was exceptionally good the entire weekend with me having the second fastest lap time during practice and the fastest lap time during qualifying.
I ended up qualifying third behind Daan Jacobs and Pedro Rombouts and just in front of Maxim Claes.

Unfortunatly disaster stroke early in the main final when another driver got it wrong and ended up on his roof at the end of the main straight. This happened just in front of me and I didn't have any time to react.
I hit the other car dead on at probably 110 km/h which completely destroyed my car as you can see below:

This really sucks, because all of the DS Motorsport prototype parts were destroyed during the crash.

Capricorn did have some success, scoring a 1,2 with Marcel Haenen and Sidney Blokker in the stock class:

This is the setup I was using, the car hasn't been this good before:

http://dsmotorsport.nl/http://dsmoto...hen_NK2012.pdf
Old 05-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Bad time bro!
I am 100% sure that everything will go excellent in near future.
I received My LAB C02 today and I will need some help.
Unfortunately there is no receiver box in the kit. Do You have any idea for a receiver box?
I am afraid that there will be many problemes without a box!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

people use the X-ray nt1 receiver box AND MAKE SLIGHT MODIFCATIONS TO MOUNT IT ON THE LAB C02 RADIO TRAY
Old 05-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank You very mach bro!
I believe that with a carbon construction it will fit nice.
I will post some pictures when I start the built!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 PM
TMF
Tech Initiate

Bad time bro!
Unfortunately there is no receiver box in the kit. Do You have any idea for a receiver box?
In this album you can find pics of an Xray NT1 box fitted to the car:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1169231...pricornLABC01#

Old 05-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Im having problems with the steering servo linkage. It is binding on the servo saver arm.The link is in a lower servo horn hole to total 16mm horn length as indicated in the manual. I already shaved down the uniball holder but it still binds. I am thinking of either bending the threaded linkage to make the uniball holder more horizontal, or put a washer between the servo saver arm and the pivot ball. What's the solution?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Bad time bro!
Hi

Got a Carbon fibre part to mount the Mugen box at the normal mounting holes from Rc-Netshop.dk (nicolai(a)rc-netshop.dk) , works fantastic. Will take some pictures later when I get off from work

Michael
Denmark
Old 05-22-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi

Got a Carbon fibre part to mount the Mugen box at the normal mounting holes from Rc-Netshop.dk (nicolai(a)rc-netshop.dk) , works fantastic. Will take some pictures later when I get off from work

Michael
Denmark
As promised
Attached Thumbnails Capricorn LAB-C01-imag0010.jpg   Capricorn LAB-C01-imag0013.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Hey DS what's that spring purpose on the mugen front bumper?

If I use 4 hole piston up front and 6 hole piston in rear would I get better steering than using overall 6 hole piston.

Also what the pro and cons of running, front 197mm track width and rear 200mm track width VS 197mm track width and rear 198mm track width.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

DS please respond to my pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.