Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by British Menace
Ok. Brousing Capricorn products to see if I've missed anything I need and I found these .......
Must be brand new

/capricorn/product.php?id_product=1774

Thinking I may need to investigate these asap

BM
Hi BM,

Glad to hear you finally decided to change to Capricorn :-))..

Regarding the new LW Titanium Front Joint Cup, we got them on stock at 40USD pr pair... They arrived Tuesday so not inserted in our shop yet...

But if you need them send me an email at nikolaj(at)rc-netshop.dk :-)...

Thanks
Old 05-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I am not sure what you mean by shortening the front camber link. Do you mean making the track width narrower???

As for the shocks, I would try on a bumpy track 3 piston front and 4 piston rear with 50 or 55 wt shock oil. Maybe even try to drill the hole in the piston to 1mm. If you do this use the 55 wt oil.

Also on the bumpy track I would use white springs in the front with a stiffer front sway bar setting. You will also need more travel in the droop. If you run 4 in the rear try 3 (this is an example). Also if you use +1 in the front then try 0 (again an example).

The droop helps me a lot on bumpy track, but that is also because I run very little travel normally.

Hope that helps,

DJ Apolaro
Re front no not narrower but using the exterior holes from the upper camber link. Re pistons I have 4hole and 6hole shall I try 4 front and 6 rear and what shock oil? The white springs made the car feel to lazy but will try it out.

What about the FSS upper carbon try as I have it but still not tested will it aid in better steering? And any cons?

Thanks
Old 05-11-2012, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
There are more experienced people than myself that may have a better solution to the changing droop than what I can here, but I’ll share our experience since you need an answer. I don’t know how experienced you are, so please don’t be offended if I sound a little patronising.

First of all click on this link: Michael Salven Pro tips part 4 and watch the section about downstops.

Perhaps Harry has something to add or some remarks about this.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
i`ve watched the vid with Salven. Interesting

Last edited by djiewie; 05-11-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speed6
Re front no not narrower but using the exterior holes from the upper camber link. Re pistons I have 4hole and 6hole shall I try 4 front and 6 rear and what shock oil? The white springs made the car feel to lazy but will try it out.

What about the FSS upper carbon try as I have it but still not tested will it aid in better steering? And any cons?

Thanks
Sorry about the front camber, I had a brain fart. The shorter you run the front arm the quicker the response will be left to right. It will have more initial turn in, but then fade out. When I use the front white springs it s only for bumpy tracks. It is lazy compared to the reds or blacks, but I stiffen the front sway bar to help.

I only use the tray with the cut out in the front. It give more steering all around. When I am at a track with over steer than I use a link to stiffen up the front.

If you are going to try the 4 and 6 hole I would use the 60wt Capricorn oil or they make a 1,500 and 2,000 cst one you can try. At least I think they do.

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Has Anyone heard from DS Motorsport lately??
Old 05-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Capricorn Lab CO

Checkout my new signature i want to thank Desotoracing
Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Has Anyone heard from DS Motorsport lately??
I've been very busy lately with racing, work, and starting up the DS Motorsport brand.
Today I can show you guys some pictures of the prototype parts I've made for the C02.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Ok, hereby some pics of the first prototype parts I've designed for the C02.

-New radio tray design which has a lower and more centralized CoG compared to the original tray.
-Carbon fiber wheel discs which prevent turbulent air to enter the rims which causes lift.
-New front bumper/ body post for more downforce.

The radio tray is a very slim design which has been designed to be fully symmetrical in terms of flex. On throttle the design uses a low profile servo which gives the car a lower and more centralized CoG. For steering you can use both type of servo.
The entire weight of the radio tray is also lowered compared to the stock tray.
Also the entire electronic unit can be removed by just taking out 3 screws, you don't even have to remove the radio tray itself to remove the electronics.
As an extra tuning option you can move the electronics unit forward or backward to change the car's static weight balance. This is a great tuning option to set the car up for either high speed or low speed tracks.

The production version comes with a revised receiver mount which places the receiver 5mm higher. With the current design the receiver could hit the ground when you cut the corners too much.

The carbon fiber wheel discs are almost fully closed and have a very small gap to the inside of the rim. This causes a high pressure area to develop on the outside of the rim and a low pressure area on the inside. This causes an increase in grip which is especially noticeable on high speed corners.

The front body post mounting plate is designed to work together with the Mugen MTX-5 front bumper/splitter. This design gives an increase in front downforce compared to the original front bumper design. The entire assembly also takes away quite some weight in front of the front axle which will help the car to change direction quicker.

I'm also working on a new chassis design which will give the car more front end grip and fully symmetrical flex.

I'm planning on having an official press release posted on redrc at the end of next week.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Looks good Daan, this will sure help at Rucphen.

A idea for next year; shift the lipo to the side (serpent way) and redesign the fueltank flat on the chassis. it will have a Cap tank then wich is also nice.

or put the lipo in front and the tank wider also flat on the chassis.

Great improvements on a already improved car.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport

-New radio tray design which has a lower and more centralized CoG compared to the original tray.
-Carbon f wheel discs which prevent turbulent air to enter the rims which causes lift.iber

The radio tray is a very slim design which has been designed to be fully symmetrical in terms of flex. On throttle the design uses a low profile servo which gives the car a lower and more centralized CoG. For steering you can use both type of servo.
Also the entire electronic unit can be removed by just taking out 3 screws, you don't even have to remove the radio tray itself to remove the electronics.
As an extra tuning option you can move the electronics unit forward or backward to change the car's static weight balance. This is a great tuning option to set the car up for either high speed or low speed tracks.

The production version comes with a revised receiver mount which places the receiver 5mm higher. With the current design the receiver could hit the ground when you cut the corners too much.

The carbon fiber wheel discs are almost fully closed and have a very small gap to the inside of the rim. This causes a high pressure area to develop on the outside of the rim and a low pressure area on the inside. This causes an increase in grip which is especially noticeable on high speed corners.

The front body post mounting plate is designed to work together with the Mugen MTX-5 front bumper/splitter. This design gives an increase in front downforce compared to the original front bumper design. The entire assembly also takes away quite some weight in front of the front axle which will help the car to change direction quicker.
I'm also working on a new chassis design which will give the car more front end grip and fully symmetrical flex.

I'm planning on having an official press release posted on redrc at the end of next week.
Very impressive work Daan!

Could I pre-order 2 sets of Carbon fibre wheel discs (for 2 cars) to beat the rush when you put them on the market? Lay down servos is a good way to lower CG; and it has been tried used by some manufacturers in some models, but we won't try this option just yet.

How much do the disks weigh? And do you epoxy a threaded plastic tube to the uprights to fix them to the car?

Keep the good work going!

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djiewie
Looks good Daan, this will sure help at Rucphen.

A idea for next year; shift the lipo to the side (serpent way) and redesign the fueltank flat on the chassis. it will have a Cap tank then wich is also nice.
NO WAY! It's a major design flaw on the models that use it, and the tank is still far too high on them. The battery should be smack in the middle of the car, just like the tank.

Originally Posted by djiewie
or put the lipo in front and the tank wider also flat on the chassis.
Could work if it's indeed possible!

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Nice Work DS

I installed the HK1 front bumper fits nicely i will post pics later.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport

-Carbon fiber wheel discs which prevent turbulent air to enter the rims which causes lift.

NICEEEEEE!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Shock oil help

If i use 50wt in 2 hole what do you guys recommend in the following

4 hole and 6 hole

Thanks
Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

On the subject of Silicone oil ..... are the Capricorn diff oils supplied in CPS or in WT?

BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.