R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-22-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default hpi rs4 3 evo full throttle stall?!?!

Hey everyone...im new here and hoping to find some help. I bought a rs4 3 evo off a buddy of mine that got out of the hobby. I have the car running and at a idle its running great. Problem is after i warm it up and start running it if i go full throttle it will stall out. Sounds like its getting bogged down then just cuts out. I thought maybe it was running to rich so i leaned it out and its still doing it. What else should i check for. Also ran it with the air filter on and off just to make sure it wasnt a dirty filter. Filter is actually new with 4 tanks ran through it. I had the car initially running last week and there was no problem so somehow its out of tune. Any advice would be great. Thank you all.
djspinna33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
Tech Regular

You say you leaned it. Did you richen it? Turn it back were it was another 1/4 or 1/2 turn and see what happens. When in doubt always richen first, leaner makes engine temps rise sometimes too much.
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

after i wrote this thread i played with it some more and i did richen it and it went away. Im still not getting the power out of it i know is there but ill continue to do small tweaks and see if i can get it running alittle better. thank you for the response!!
djspinna33 is offline   Reply With Quote