Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Edam Spirit 10th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey it's a great way to pick up a near new car for cheap, was the only way i could afford an xray

Thanks again Bundy
Old 01-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike 78
Hi Bundy,

Don't worry about the wife i seem to find that i'm always in S@#T it is only the depth that varies. Why did you purchase a pursuit what are the differences and do you plan on selling this one as well .

Cheers Michael
Hi

Understand about the depth of the shit thing!

Are you driving one of my old cars by any chance? Terry from Pursuit is very helpful, i am not sure about difference, i am waiting for it to arrive. Edam are OEM manufacturer for Pursuit Racing.

I do have quite a few cars, been in search for the perfect car. And as yet haven't found the perfect one!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by freestyles
Hey it's a great way to pick up a near new car for cheap, was the only way i could afford an xray

Thanks again Bundy
ROFL... Thanks Freestyles, you are one of my favorite customers! I didn't realize i was so famous
Old 01-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

Are you driving one of my old cars by any chance? Terry from Pursuit is very helpful, i am not sure about difference, i am waiting for it to arrive. Edam are OEM manufacturer for Pursuit Racing.

I do have quite a few cars, been in search for the perfect car. And as yet haven't found the perfect one!
Hi Bundy,

No mate I don't buy second hand or parcially put together gear, I prefer to buy as a complete kit and build from scratch and buy locally and new so I can see what I get. I believe the only thing I have purchased from an overseas internet order is a transmitter bag from Amain Hobbies and that is it.

I am keen to now the differences in the cars. I only do this as a hobby and race 1 weekend per month and I love the little Edam and the backup that JPM Racing give us racers in Australia, but I always like to keep a look out on the competition and also keen to see what people have done with there current Edams this is why I started the thread . I guess the main attraction second to the racing with this hobby is the fun you have playing with different set-ups on the cars. The Spirit I have now will probably do me for the next 2 years before I upgrade (to the new release spirit if there is one), unfortunatley I'm not in a position to buy and sell cars as frequently as you (my wife Knows what I have spent on rc racing 1/10th and 1/8 scale on road and few years ago and speedway as well so very hard to hide costs these day's ).

I'm not having a go at you what so ever so please do not take it the wrong way each to there own and if this means we can get more people interested with the little bit cheaper price that you sell the kits for then thats great.

Most people that own a hobby store or are a distributor will always tell you that they don't make the margin on the kit's but on spare parts and this is why I say that the support that JPM give is excellent as the margins are not crazy high like some other brands and the stock is available straight away.

Regards Michael
Old 01-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Bundy,

No mate I don't buy second hand or parcially put together gear, I prefer to buy as a complete kit and build from scratch and buy locally and new so I can see what I get. I believe the only thing I have purchased from an overseas internet order is a transmitter bag from Amain Hobbies and that is it.

I am keen to now the differences in the cars. I only do this as a hobby and race 1 weekend per month and I love the little Edam and the backup that JPM Racing give us racers in Australia, but I always like to keep a look out on the competition and also keen to see what people have done with there current Edams this is why I started the thread . I guess the main attraction second to the racing with this hobby is the fun you have playing with different set-ups on the cars. The Spirit I have now will probably do me for the next 2 years before I upgrade (to the new release spirit if there is one), unfortunatley I'm not in a position to buy and sell cars as frequently as you (my wife Knows what I have spent on rc racing 1/10th and 1/8 scale on road and few years ago and speedway as well so very hard to hide costs these day's ).

I'm not having a go at you what so ever so please do not take it the wrong way each to there own and if this means we can get more people interested with the little bit cheaper price that you sell the kits for then thats great.

Most people that own a hobby store or are a distributor will always tell you that they don't make the margin on the kit's but on spare parts and this is why I say that the support that JPM give is excellent as the margins are not crazy high like some other brands and the stock is available straight away.

Regards Michael
Michael:

It's all good, some good points. I will keep you posted when my kit arrives. At the end of the day the distributors are in business to make money. I work in retail and know how things can be cut throat. It also opens your eyes on what customers will do to save money...

BB
Old 01-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

you cant find the perfect car if you dont finish building them, and actually run them.
watch out ebay, here comes one more.........
Old 01-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

OK lets get this thread going again, gpm-parts i can't believe that you guy's raced in that weather looks TERRIBLE. Has anyone encountered the problem with the front solid diff being very tight in between the bearings i have machined mine down a fraction and it has free'ed up the car a fair bit. Also i use the team titan belts which also help with freeing the car up a lot. What have people done to the driveline apart from the ti rear layshaft to get a quicker response on acceleration i was thinking about placing some holes in the 2speed housing to try and lighten and also the clutch bell.

Is anyone aware if you can get a ti front layshaft at all yet ????????

Edam had a great result at the Vic Champs in Australia over the weekend, in 200mm Nitro Tourer - Wayne Thomas made the A unfortunatly he had dramas but finished a creditable 9th. In Pullstart Joe Patane held the flag high coming in 2nd place with the Edam Spirit and RB combo (Joe is also the Australian distributor for Edam & RB) overall there were roughly 6-7 Edams competing in the 2 classes and it was good to see them all go well. I was not able to make it as i had child minding duties part of the deal for me being allowed to spend all our money and race again was i give my wife a break on certain weekends. My next meet is this weekend at Moorebank the host of the 2001 1/8th world champs so hopefully i can get my new RB T9 run in in time otherwise i will put the old trusty matrix back in.

Anyway lets keep the Ball rolling cheers Michael
Old 01-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
brian or anyone else.
do you know if the edam's front and rear hubs can be used in the rrr?
thanks!
Yes kyosho hubs fit front and rear, I am currently using them on the rear because they are more solid with a 22-24mm screw through the top and eccentric doesn't really entertain me although I haven't tested it up and down just forward/center and back but I ran the center most.

I tested the 0/1/2 front upright options from kyosho mostly so I didn't have to recommend back to Pursuit and then Edam that they even attempt the 1's or 2 degrees front uprights although I would actually like to see -1's, I tried 1's upside down and I could see certain tracks where you may be able to use them.

I'll measure them tonight and post back if I find anything odd but I remember them being a direct fit.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Same here. For the first hour and half it is cloudy but atleast dry. Then it start raining but we just keep going and we end up with a drift race. LOL. I don't notice any issue with the front solid..... Maybe it is just issue with the kit you got?

OK lets get this thread going again, gpm-parts i can't believe that you guy's raced in that weather looks TERRIBLE. Has anyone encountered the problem with the front solid diff being very tight in between the bearings i have machined mine down a fraction and it has free'ed up the car a fair bit. Also i use the team titan belts which also help with freeing the car up a lot. What have people done to the driveline apart from the ti rear layshaft to get a quicker response on acceleration i was thinking about placing some holes in the 2speed housing to try and lighten and also the clutch bell.

Is anyone aware if you can get a ti front layshaft at all yet ????????

Edam had a great result at the Vic Champs in Australia over the weekend, in 200mm Nitro Tourer - Wayne Thomas made the A unfortunatly he had dramas but finished a creditable 9th. In Pullstart Joe Patane held the flag high coming in 2nd place with the Edam Spirit and RB combo (Joe is also the Australian distributor for Edam & RB) overall there were roughly 6-7 Edams competing in the 2 classes and it was good to see them all go well. I was not able to make it as i had child minding duties part of the deal for me being allowed to spend all our money and race again was i give my wife a break on certain weekends. My next meet is this weekend at Moorebank the host of the 2001 1/8th world champs so hopefully i can get my new RB T9 run in in time otherwise i will put the old trusty matrix back in.

Anyway lets keep the Ball rolling cheers Michael
Old 01-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,

I am having problems with my brakes for the spirit, they work fine and are very good, but after using the brakes and going back to neutral, the brakes are still half on, the brake lever is quite tight.

Any ideas?

Luke
Old 01-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Edam Racer
Hi,

I am having problems with my brakes for the spirit, they work fine and are very good, but after using the brakes and going back to neutral, the brakes are still half on, the brake lever is quite tight.

Any ideas?

Luke
I took this trick from some offroad guys and my 966, use springs to keep the pads apart.

the aluminum bar just needs to be greased, it does tend to bind in the plastic. I think this is another example of why we need a harder plastic that doesn't distort as easily.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Edam Racer
Hi,

Any ideas?

Luke
Have you installed the updated brake pads at all ? i found the ones that came in the kit were useless and stuck after a couple of runs using hard brakes fitted the updated ones and it fixed the problem. Brian i dont think it is a plastics problem this time (but i could be wrong )
Old 01-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Does this car comewith a motor and all? do they still make parts for iot? im looking for nitro cars and idk i might buy this one if its new
Old 01-29-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 2nd gear problem

I run an (or just build it) Edam Spirit car. The problem i have is that the 2nd gear bell (the alu bell on the plastic gear) isent round, it wobels, any others that had this problem? I had the same problem on an Mugen MTX-4r, here the solution was to just buy an new bell. My question is if its enough to buy the bell or if the plastic gear construction with the small bearings also is an issue, maybe running the xray 2nd gear and bell house is an better option? any body tried this?

Thanks for your input!
Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Clairvoyant16
Does this car comewith a motor and all? do they still make parts for iot? im looking for nitro cars and idk i might buy this one if its new
You can get the car and parts from Pursuit, the original American distributor at http://www.pursuitracing.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.