Wiki Posts
Search

which fuel is better

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default which fuel is better

O donnel or byron for a .12 onroad engine?
Old 01-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Both of these fuels are good! But i say Byrons i have been running it for a long time and it is a great fuel! Good engine protection and it makes awsome power!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forrestboy
O donnel or byron for a .12 onroad engine?

i use o'donnell 16%...internal engine clean...

its better u get fuel that ur LHS supply...easy to get.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any fuel which does not require after run oil is good. Sometimes you can forget n the next day u get corroded & rusting engine.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Best fuel

Based on my experience, GOOD fuel or the BEST fuel is one that provides the most protection. The needs to be a good blend of castor and synthetic. typically fuels that exhibit such qualities will coat the Piston and headbutton with the dark brown to black film. The quicker the fuel does this the better the fuel is. Odonnel is good, I have not ran the new Byron blend so can't comment, however the one that I do run, J-Tech racing fuel, I have found to be the best. It remains un affected by Cold weather as low as (I live in FL)37deg temp or high 90+ degrees. Most important to me is that it is consistent form batch to batch.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

I have less engine problems with MAXY'S
Old 01-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Depending on how much experience you have with your engine tuning my recommendation is Tornado. It may cost a little more but VERY worth it. It is the most consistent fuel I have run in many years of racing. No other domestic fuel can compare with there quality controls in my humble opinion.

If your looking for a high quality fuel for a high quality motor this is for you.

If you want your motor/bearing to rust after one bottle then buy the other stuff.
Car 16 Regular Blend
For novices and slightly more experienced racers. Top capacity for maximum racing fun. Low cost. Special dedicated oil blends ensure maximum engine protection. On and off-road racing proof. Clean combustion ensures low maintenance. Fit for all engine types. Minimal foam accumulation. Special additives prevent corrosion and oxidation. Use of afterrun for maximum protection during storage
10% NM
Super power

< 1% Additives
Special additives optimize fuel’s combustion properties

12% Oil
Special dedicated oil blend for maximum protection resulting in prolonged engine life. Special blend based on synthetic oils and ricinus

77% Methanol

Car 16 Competition Blend
For experienced racers. Maximum capacity due to lean engine settings
Note: incorrect setting may result in extra engine wear out due to lower oil content. Acceleration enhancer provides higher acceleration. Maximum engine protection in heavy conditions. Clean combustion ensures low maintenance. Minimal foam accumulation. Special additives prevent corrosion and oxidation. Use of afterrun for maximum protection during storage

16% NM
Super Plus power

<1,5% Additives

8,6 % Oil
Special dedicated oil blend for lean setting combined with maximum protection based on ricinus and synthetic oils

73,9% Methanol

....again just my opinion.
Good Luck,

Paulie
Old 01-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have been using Tornado Fuel for a long time in Asia. I also tried other fuel, but I found that Tornado is the one that is most consistent tin after tin.

I understand you can pick them up in North America now, so I suggest you to try. Not that I am saying the other fuel is no good, but this is the fuel I trust. Hope that helps