Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Fuel Onroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Z
Tech Master

Default 2010 ROAR Fuel Onroad Nationals

The 2010 ROAR Fuel Onroad Nationals will be hosted by the Midwest Racers Organization in Lincoln, NE. Dates are June 8 - 13.

There will be more info coming soon but, here is a start.

Schedule:

Tuesday: Open Practice
Wed:Open Practice
Thurs: Controled Practice / Qualifying
Fri: Qualifying
Sat: Qualifying / Mains
Sun: Mains

Hotels---For these three, ask for "ROAR Nationals" rate.

Holiday Inn Express: 402-435-0200

Quality Inn: 402-475-9541

Ramada Inn: 402-475-4971

Other area Hotels:

Horizon Inn: 402-474-5252
Sleep INN: 402-475-1550
Super 8: 402-467-4488
Days Inn: 402-475-3616
Economy Lodge: 402-474-1311
Motel 6: 402-475-3211
Hampton Inn 402-474-2080

All of the hotels listed are within 2 miles of the track.

RV Parks:

Camp--Away: 402 476-2282
Camp Kindle: 402-477-2025

There will be no overnite RV parking at the track.

Pit space:

We will have covered pit space for this event. The cost is $20, Non-refundable. This includes 4ft of table space and 1 chair.
Mail checks to:

Midwest Racers Organization
3123 Daidem Drive
Lincoln, NE 68516

Shipping:

If you need to ship stuff here for the race, use the following address.

Hotsy Equipment Co.
c/o Midwest Racers
5960 Cornhusker Hwy
Lincoln, NE 68507

You Must e-mail me at [email protected] to let me know that your stuff is coming.

If there are questions feel free to post them here and either Huskerfreak, nitroduck, or myself --Z-- will answer as soon as posible. You can also e-mail me at [email protected].

We look forwart to seeing everyone in June.

Z

Last edited by Z; 05-04-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thank You for the info
Old 01-18-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z
The 2010 ROAR Fuel Onroad Nationals will be hosted by the Midwest Racers Organization in Lincoln, NE. Dates are June 9 - 12.

Hotels---For these three, ask for "ROAR Nationals" rate.

Holiday Inn Express: 402-432-0200

Quality Inn: 402-474-2080

Ramada Inn: 402-475-4971

Other area Hotels:

Horizon Inn: 402-474-5252
Sleep INN: 402-475-1550
Super 8: 402-467-4488
Days Inn: 402-475-3616
Economy Lodge: 402-474-1311
Motel 6: 402-475-3211

All of the hotels listed are within 2 miles of the track.

RV Parks:

Camp--Away: 402 476-2282
Camp Kindle: 402-477-2025

As of now, there will be no overnite RV parking at the track. We are working with our city parks dept. to change that for this event.

Pit space:

We will have covered pit space for this event. Not sure at this time how many spaces we will have available. More to come on this.

If there are questions feel free to post them here and either Huskerfreak or myself --Z-- will answer as soon as posible. You can also e-mail me at [email protected].

We look forwart to seeing everyone in June.

Z
Did ROAR decide if we are going to combine the 10th, and 8th scale again this year. I sure hope not! Should we leave this decision to the ROAR members like a democracy??? Maybe we can make a public vote on this website on another thread, or maybe this thread.

Last edited by Grinder; 04-04-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z
The 2010 ROAR Fuel Onroad Nationals will be hosted by the Midwest Racers Organization in Lincoln, NE. Dates are June 9 - 12.
Great to have the race this close to us this year. Will the Fireball race be your tune up race??

Originally Posted by Z
As of now, there will be no overnite RV parking at the track. We are working with our city parks dept. to change that for this event.

Pit space: We will have covered pit space for this event. Not sure at this time how many spaces we will have available. More to come on this.
Z
This would be great as I would talk FB/FX in to taking the motor home!!!

Last edited by Grenade10; 01-18-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What kind of rates will there be for the hotel rooms? Will it be standard or will there be some sort of discount for the racers participating in the event?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
Did the ROAR gods decide if we are going to combine the 10th, and 8th scale again this year. I sure hope not! Should we leave this decision to the ROAR members like a democracy??? Maybe we can make a public vote on this website on another thread, or maybe this thread.
There are no ROAR gods. The folks at ROAR are just a bunch of people trying their best to organize things for the most benefit to the racers. They listen to suggestions from the racers, but eventually have to come to a decision based on what they know and have heard. Last years decision to combine the events was based on economics. Most racers could not afford to attend 2 races. I believe there was a problem with one of the tracks as well, but I don't remember the details.

Most nitro racers I've spoken to prefer the events run together. Since most people only run 1 class, this provides a large pool of potential pit people.

A public vote on this or any other website would be meaningless.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
There are no ROAR gods. The folks at ROAR are just a bunch of people trying their best to organize things for the most benefit to the racers. They listen to suggestions from the racers, but eventually have to come to a decision based on what they know and have heard. Last years decision to combine the events was based on economics. Most racers could not afford to attend 2 races. I believe there was a problem with one of the tracks as well, but I don't remember the details.

Most nitro racers I've spoken to prefer the events run together. Since most people only run 1 class, this provides a large pool of potential pit people.

A public vote on this or any other website would be meaningless.
So the problem with this year is that June 9th is dangerously close to the end of July for those attending the worlds if you are concerned about the economics of two races. The Midwest racers really got robbed.

I really wanted to attend the nationals at this track last year until they moved it so I am going to try my best to attend it since the track still sounds great.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
So the problem with this year is that June 9th is dangerously close to the end of July for those attending the worlds if you are concerned about the economics of two races. The Midwest racers really got robbed.

I really wanted to attend the nationals at this track last year until they moved it so I am going to try my best to attend it since the track still sounds great.
I feel you here. I had plans on attending the Nationals last year until the change to Ohio. Since I am not running in the Worlds, if my vacation/work schedule isn't shot by then, I am making an attempt to go.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z

Z
Just verifying the dates. The ROAR web site says the dates are the 10 - 13th. Have they changed? I like your dates better so we can travel on that Sunday the 13th. Regardless, we will see you in June. Can't wait. Will be a nice weather break for us from Florida.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Few responses to some of the comments or questions that have already been said or asked.

1. Yes there is a discount of you mention the Roar nationals when you book the room or there wouldn't be a point of mentioning it.

2. They combined the race last year due to the economic state of the racers and the country. There was no problem with our track.

3. We did kind of got screwed but we will take what we get because we have work hard to get this race and we will make sure everyone has a good time.

4.Right now the plan is to have the Fireball race as a tune up race
Old 01-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Did the ROAR gods decide if we are going to combine the 10th, and 8th scale again this year. I sure hope not! Should we leave this decision to the ROAR members like a democracy??? Maybe we can make a public vote on this website on another thread, or maybe this thread.

The plan to have the race combined has been decided this way since last May I think that everything went without a problem last year and I think that this year should be just as good.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Few responses to some of the comments or questions that have already been said or asked.

1. Yes there is a discount of you mention the Roar nationals when you book the room or there wouldn't be a point of mentioning it.

2. They combined the race last year due to the economic state of the racers and the country. There was no problem with our track.

3. We did kind of got screwed but we will take what we get because we have work hard to get this race and we will make sure everyone has a good time.

4.Right now the plan is to have the Fireball race as a tune up race
When is Fireball race? Maybe I can try to make it.

DJ Apolaro
Old 01-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Z
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tony Rice
Just verifying the dates. The ROAR web site says the dates are the 10 - 13th. Have they changed? I like your dates better so we can travel on that Sunday the 13th. Regardless, we will see you in June. Can't wait. Will be a nice weather break for us from Florida.
You are correct, the Dates are June 10 - 13, 2010. I have changed it in the original post.

Z
Old 01-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Z
Tech Master

The Fireball Classic is on Memorial Day weekend. It is only a couple of weeks before the Nationals.

Z
Old 01-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Be careful Uriah................When I asked this type of question I was told by the Pres. that I did not have to attend and that Roar has a long memory. Whatever that means.

Why not let the Roar members who have actually attended all of the las three or four years on road fuel Nats have some say in where these evnts are held?

Oops...........I did it again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.