2010 ROAR Fuel Onroad Nationals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Fuel Onroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

I went ahead and signed up for both open and masters.
All seems to be fine at the moment.
See you there.
Greg Esser
Old 03-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Looks like a great track. I am hoping I can attend this year
Old 03-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Masters

Attn Rich Browne

I do not see a spot to sign up for 1/8 Masters, am I missing something?

Thank you,
Mark Sweeney
Old 03-12-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MJSGas
Attn Rich Browne

I do not see a spot to sign up for 1/8 Masters, am I missing something?

Thank you,
Mark Sweeney

Hi Mark,

On the entry form there is a place to list your date of birth. Determines Masters eligibility. Due to anticipated 1/8th demand (Worlds Qualifier) the Masters will be running, as qualified, in the general field. The highest placed Master will be the Class winner, next highest place will be second and so on. If you would like to comment, you may reach me - Rich Browne <[email protected]>
Old 03-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Masters

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Hi Mark,

On the entry form there is a place to list your date of birth. Determines Masters eligibility. Due to anticipated 1/8th demand (Worlds Qualifier) the Masters will be running, as qualified, in the general field. The highest placed Master will be the Class winner, next highest place will be second and so on. If you would like to comment, you may reach me - Rich Browne <[email protected]>
Is there a bit of a flaw here, or am I missing something? What if the TQ in masters is the only masters entry in their main? Seems to me they would be the only one running in the longer duration main, and therefore wouldn't even have to race within the class. Is this a potential loophole/oversight, or incorrect analysis??
Old 03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Old 03-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fuelgun
Is there a bit of a flaw here, or am I missing something? What if the TQ in masters is the only masters entry in their main? Seems to me they would be the only one running in the longer duration main, and therefore wouldn't even have to race within the class. Is this a potential loophole/oversight, or incorrect analysis??
Sounds as though you found an interesting potential loophole.

It is ROAR's goal to put on an excellent event. What makes this year special is many drivers will be competing to represent Team USA at the Worlds. Remember, Masters is a provisional class - this is a Worlds Qualifier.
Considering the stature of this event this is our best solution to allow the Masters Class to participate. Feel free to eMail me if you guys have any additional suggestions. I don't want to tie the thread up too much. We will figure a solution that will work for all prior to starting the event.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds to me if you are the only Masters entry in a main your place is locked and you get to save fuel and tires - no use running you probably won't advance and you can't fall back. Maybe we should just hold our own event.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Maybe we should just hold our own event.
Just like the Masters in golf.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Just like the Masters in golf.
Rich got a couple of friends & there wondering is there a cutoff since it is not listed
Thanks in advance
Old 03-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Rich got a couple of friends & there wondering is there a cutoff since it is not listed
Thanks in advance
Hi George,

Not quite clear on your question...

sorry,
Rich
Old 03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Hi George,

Not quite clear on your question...

sorry,
Rich
entry limit
Old 03-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GMartinez
entry limit
Thanks for clarifying;

Dry answer, but it is accurate.

From the 2010 ROAR National Guidelines -

13) Entry to National Events: Limits and Procedures
a) Entry limits are placed on all ROAR nationals to ensure that all entrants receive
adequate practice and race time at the event. Entry limits may not be altered past maximums
stated in these Guidelines without Executive Committee approval.
b) The Host should notify the ROAR Executive Committee if the possibility exists which would
allow an increased entry limit due to track or facilities configuration. When that possibility
exists, ROAR’s policy is to extend the entry opportunity to as many members as possible
without impacting a comfortable race schedule. Tracks must consider length of driver’s stand
to hold two and half feet of space per driver to calculate maximum number of drivers in any
heat or main multiplied by 1.4 (seconds).
c) The maximum number of event entries will be limited as follows: (other types not reflected
here will be awarded entry limits per Executive Committee approval.)

iv) Fuel On Road 20 qualifying heats –equal split of two vehicle types
Old 03-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for clarifying;

Dry answer, but it is accurate.

From the 2010 ROAR National Guidelines -

13) Entry to National Events: Limits and Procedures
a) Entry limits are placed on all ROAR nationals to ensure that all entrants receive
adequate practice and race time at the event. Entry limits may not be altered past maximums
stated in these Guidelines without Executive Committee approval.
b) The Host should notify the ROAR Executive Committee if the possibility exists which would
allow an increased entry limit due to track or facilities configuration. When that possibility
exists, ROAR’s policy is to extend the entry opportunity to as many members as possible
without impacting a comfortable race schedule. Tracks must consider length of driver’s stand
to hold two and half feet of space per driver to calculate maximum number of drivers in any
heat or main multiplied by 1.4 (seconds).
c) The maximum number of event entries will be limited as follows: (other types not reflected
here will be awarded entry limits per Executive Committee approval.)

iv) Fuel On Road 20 qualifying heats –equal split of two vehicle types
Thanks again Rich
Old 03-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Two opinions for ROAR.... I know everyone has one.

#1 Those that want to qualify for the worlds, let them run the open class. Some have no intention on going to the worlds but want their chance to be a Masters Champion. If they want to run both Masters and Open, let the racers make their own decision. Don't cut a class that is almost as popular as the open class. This will only discourage some from running. A little warning would have been nice. I am not near the age for the Maters class but find this a little disappointing that this announcement was not made well before registration. When was this decided ROAR?

#2 What can you do in six qualifiers that you can't do in five. Maybe it is too late for this years Nationals but maybe next year a five qualifier Nats with longer mains. Plane ride ( or drive), hotel, food and racing expenses for 4-7 ish days, then you get a 15 minute main. This may be a long time for electric racers but for nitro racers this is short. Cut a qualifying round and extend the mains to 20, 25, 30 and 45 minutes for the lower mains. (lower mains = everything other than the 60 min A mains)
Just my opinion.

This is directed to ROAR, not the track owners.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.