Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Fuel Onroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez

ROAR I hope we go back to split classes this is just way to exhausting 12hr days of racing is fun but way to much energy wasted
I second that motion
Old 06-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

George,

Agreed the club did the best they could.

Would be nice for Roar to step up in future with a little more guidance on minimum track requirements with regards to the basics ie proper staging area, tire true area, track prep tools, some sort of centralized power etc etc.

Again not a knock on the club they all seemed to work very hard and they were extremely friendly and did the best they could with what was on hand.

12hr days are fun but not so fun.

Maybe I am just getting old..eating at 11 and up at 5 has lost it allure!

Cheers
Jamie Gonzalez
Old 06-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you to the Nebraska Crew for putting your hearts & hard work in all week. It was a great week of racing and hanging out with friends and meeting new ones.

There was in my opinion few things missing but the as I see it Roar holds the responisblity here not the track.

Rick Davis great run, its been long time since I seen you and great to see you again and in good health.

Congrats to all other winners.
Congrats to all other racers for bringing your racing spirts.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

By the way race announcers great job, I enjoyed it all even the signing.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by senna555
George,

Agreed the club did the best they could.

Would be nice for Roar to step up in future with a little more guidance on minimum track requirements with regards to the basics ie proper staging area, tire true area, track prep tools, some sort of centralized power etc etc.

Again not a knock on the club they all seemed to work very hard and they were extremely friendly and did the best they could with what was on hand.

12hr days are fun but not so fun.

Maybe I am just getting old..eating at 11 and up at 5 has lost it allure!

Cheers
Jamie Gonzalez
Was there anything else you needed to race. I too think some of those things would be nice. But I do feel it is a knock on us. what more do you need for a staging area? What else did you want for track prep tools?

I think the true thing that matter was that the track conditions could not have been any better for as much rain that we received.

Finally 5 to 11 racing didn't start until 8 when it wasn't raining and we never were done after 9 as it would have been dark.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Was there anything else you needed to race. I too think some of those things would be nice. But I do feel it is a knock on us. what more do you need for a staging area? What else did you want for track prep tools?

I think the true thing that matter was that the track conditions could not have been any better for as much rain that we received.

Finally 5 to 11 racing didn't start until 8 when it wasn't raining and we never were done after 9 as it would have been dark.
agree
Old 06-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

I have been and always will be a big supporter of club based tracks. Any of the finer club tracks in this with country with all the desirable racer accommodations certainly did not hit the ground from day one with them in place. It takes years of work and revenue generation by the club that can be poured back into the facility for it to become a diamond of a track. This is the first time I have visited the Lincoln track and while it may not have all the amenities of say Toledo or Fort Myers, it looks like they have a solid base of club members and a good foundation to develop the track into one of the nicer ones one the country. Holding events like the Nats will hopefully help them generate the revenue necessary to improve their facility over time.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Husker I dont think hes or anyone else is knocking the track or the club, the crew did a great job with what they had, the track condtions (Surface) was great.

This was a Roar on Road Nats, not the Nebraska Club based Nats, So in my opinion this is reflection on Roar not Nebraska or Club or the members there.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks to the HOST track, long days but that's racing not your fault. I hope for the split classes also from ROAR, running two classes was very busy. (HINT, HINT FOR THE 1/10 NITRO Nats)
Great track and great people, the layout was very fun to drive. It was easy to over drive the car and most of the racers were very close in lap times and that is what made it exciting. I feel that was some the best drivers in the country at this event.

Thanks for the exciting races from all the A main drivers. Congrats to the entire finalist, you made it all exciting for us to watch and drive us harder to be part of the A main some day.

The announcing from Chris was just amazing from a guy that never did a nitro race before nor knew no more than 10 racers. He keep the times and info going all the time. Nice job and I know some racer thought you were out of control, but you are my friend, Great job. I will do jumping jacks with you any time. It’s a little longer since I am older, that is the greatest part of getting older, LOL.

JB, you never seem to amaze be with your thorough instructions and information you give us racers. Great job.….

JD Crow, nice job staying on top of the track rules and watching the races very closely.

Canyon, thanks for keep the scoring updated as quick as possible to the heat board, it made it easy to see what happening as soon as the race was over and where you stand.

To Jim and Tony Rice family, thanks for the camera work during the entire week. Tracy and I will be joining you at the Winter Nats next year and can't wait for another great time at your track and Red Cup.

I think ROAR needs to work on scaling the cars a little better with better equipment towards a winding race day, but the tech crew was very consistent on what they were doing. Like I have always said right or wrong as long as you stay consistent there can not be a complaint about the rules. I was over by the tech area and I can say I never have seen a tech crew before let a racers know that they were getting close on weight or almost being illegal on some a part of the car like they did. I feel some problems were not their fault but they were consistent and did a great job.

Congrats again to all the manufactures and racers. Great job to Paul L. in 1/10, Congrats too Chris, Scotty and Mike in 1/8. Team Mugen guys, it was a blast again to be part of your pit area and for my wife Tracy, what can I say, after the second time pitting in 19 years what a job, flawless.. You made it fun and you help me get to the semi finals. Tracy had a great time with everybody and will be back to help me out at the next race, that’s what I wanted to hear from her since our first child.

SPECIAL Thanks to Team MUGEN, MSR, BYRON’S FUEL, Max Engines, KO PROPO, SPEEDWORLD RACEWAY, TEAM EPIC, Mike Swauger and JACO tires.

Without you guys it would not have been possible for me to race and do well.

Can't wait to see Mike get his MRX-5 going, he's going to be ballistic.

Billy
Old 06-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Honestly not a dig at the club..I could tell you were all really doing the best you could with weather etc.

As far as hours or running it is just a function of running both classes and weather. Diner at 9-10pm and up at 5-6am for breakfast is not fun. Not enough fudge factor...it is not offroad you cant exactly run on a wet track. May need to look into splitting up national event again.

I think Roar may need to give club more guidance on what should be required to run a national race. If you look at the guys at fort myers they really have everything just about 100% figured out but again they been around like 30 years. I think they would be a nice track to reference on what should be reqiured and what should be available at national type event.

Example digital scale in a carboard box..really ?

Again you guys REALLY busted your hump. I have also helped setup and run a track and understand all the hard work required.

It very well may be that my expectations are to high. I have not done that much travelling lately for nitro racing so your track may in fact be the norm for club track.

None of my gripes are major issues and in now way effected overall event but certainly would have made the day and event more enjoyable for the racer travelling far from home base.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Lord

I have nothing bad to say at all about the track, club or facilities. I thought everyone did a great job and loved the event. I do have a few suggestions for making it all even better in the future.

1. The program is just too darn long. Getting up at dawn and being there until sundown just to run for 10 minutes, rebuilding the car half the night, 5 hours of sleep and then back at it again the next day is just too much like work. This is what it was like for me even on the day or two when weather wasn't a factor. I don't know how to fix it but something needs to be looked at.

2. It would have been nice if some sort of pre-tech had been available before qualifying started. No, it isn't required but it would have been nice.

3. I am really starting to like events that run the mains on Saturday, leaving Sunday open for a travel day. This way, I only would have needed one week off instead of one week plus Monday off.

And finally, a few suggestions for the club to make an already great facility even better.

1. A tire truing station.

2. An air compressor that lasts.

3. A roof over the driver's stand.

Again, these are not requirements. I will gladly come back there to race again even without those things. These are just things you might want to think about for future improvements if finances allow. If not, keep doing what you're doing. You all did a great job.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Lord

Oh, and one last suggestion. Don't let the BBQ people use a paper table cloth under burners on a windy day. Food was great though
Old 06-16-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Are there pics posted anywhere... other than the ones on the thread or two before this?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I have nothing bad to say at all about the track, club or facilities. I thought everyone did a great job and loved the event. I do have a few suggestions for making it all even better in the future.

1. The program is just too darn long. Getting up at dawn and being there until sundown just to run for 10 minutes, rebuilding the car half the night, 5 hours of sleep and then back at it again the next day is just too much like work. This is what it was like for me even on the day or two when weather wasn't a factor. I don't know how to fix it but something needs to be looked at.

2. It would have been nice if some sort of pre-tech had been available before qualifying started. No, it isn't required but it would have been nice.

3. I am really starting to like events that run the mains on Saturday, leaving Sunday open for a travel day. This way, I only would have needed one week off instead of one week plus Monday off.

And finally, a few suggestions for the club to make an already great facility even better.

1. A tire truing station.

2. An air compressor that lasts.

3. A roof over the driver's stand.

Again, these are not requirements. I will gladly come back there to race again even without those things. These are just things you might want to think about for future improvements if finances allow. If not, keep doing what you're doing. You all did a great job.

They did have tech open before racing started on Thursdays contoled practice.

As for the improvements those are some of the things we are shooting for doing. I think the roof is are next project once we get the lights off of the driverstand. The air compressor was a freebie I thing that we need to get one of the bigger standup style that will last during a cleaning of a car.

Thanks for your input.

One last thing we really need is more rock or solid surface outside of the track so its not so muddy when it does rain.

Thanks to everyone that came.

Jamee
Old 06-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Lord

One last thing we really need is more rock or solid surface outside of the track so its not so muddy when it does rain.

Thanks to everyone that came.

Jamee
Oh yeah, I was going to suggest a couple feet of gravel around the outside. Keep at it, you already have a great facility there and it can only get better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.