Wiki Posts
Search

Getting into Nitro racing Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clairvoyant16
Well i dont know any "GOOD" RTR cars or atleast that i can jsut use my reciever and transmitter..
I was just thinking ntc3 because it seems like a good car for a starter... but i guess not..
Don't take what I said the wrong way, it depends on what you want to do with the car, your budget and what your goals are. If you're okay with a NTC3, then go ahead and buy it.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Well i dont know any "GOOD" RTR cars or atleast that i can jsut use my reciever and transmitter..
I was just thinking ntc3 because it seems like a good car for a starter... but i guess not..

Hi C....

Both the Tc3 and HPI are good cars. But a there are other factors. How much do you know about nitro? have you been to the track and asked about racing, like do they have a novice class?...How big is the track and Like KYO said, what are the guys that you are going to race with running.

The reason I ask is this. If it is a small parking lot track and there are other guys running HPI and TC3's either car would be a good choice. BUT, if the track is huge, there are no novice classes and everyone is running foam tired monster cars, you are going to be aggravated and out of the hobby in 2 weeks running an HPI car on rubber tires.

Do some hands-on question asking and post the results either here or contact me through my site. If needed I can call you for a little personal service Q&A.....
Old 01-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Well FYI im not NEW to rc racing im actually a very good 1/12 carpet racing so i have a idea of a lot of stuff its just i don't know a good kit that is rtr that doesn't cost a arm or leg
Old 01-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Im going to race at "BROOKLYN HOBBIES" Huge track alot of good people are their ill prob be the only rookie in nitro lol
but i know for a fact they all run good cars mugan/xray etc
Old 01-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Give Harry a call.. 661-727-FAST

Best R/C related long distance call you'll ever make.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

I will
Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Well FYI im not NEW to rc racing im actually a very good 1/12 carpet racing so i have a idea of a lot of stuff its just i don't know a good kit that is rtr that doesn't cost a arm or leg

C,

If you can race 1/12th scale pan cars, you can drive anything. I would tell you this. I have both cars. Without a doubt, the nitro TC3 is the better RTR for racing ONLY because of it's racing heritage. The HPI is a damn good parking lot racer, but not against dedicated race cars of which the tc3 is one.

The main issue is not which car to buy, the main issue is will an RTR be able to race at the track..and that all depends what everyone else is running.

Everyone here will help you out if you give us some more details after taling to the guys who are racing....

BTW, Nitro is not cheap to race competitively, and no matter how much you try to keep costs down, a racer will spend what it takes to win.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Because im going to trade my rc18r for a ntc3 and thats going to save me LOADS so i can buy extra parts that "BREAK" alot lol
Old 01-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

I will

C, just leave a message and I will call back. I am recovering from Open Heart Bypass and I get real sleepy so I don't always answer...
Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

ohh Sh%# hope you feel better man!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharryDOTcom
C, just leave a message and I will call back. I am recovering from Open Heart Bypass and I get real sleepy so I don't always answer...
Geez Harry! Take care man. I wish you a speedy recovery!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Im going to DEF get a ntc3 though.. and yes i know it is not cheap lol i will sell my electric stuff if i need to but i really want to try nitro on road!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

thanks guys for those well wishes. I am at 6 weeks now so it is getting better, though they say it takes a full year.

I am still going through the surgery depression/tired thingy, and my body is one big ache.

but other than that, I am hanging in there.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Im going to DEF get a ntc3 though.. and yes i know it is not cheap lol i will sell my electric stuff if i need to but i really want to try nitro on road!

Here are my 2 cars. I have a nice offer on the rubber tire one but I am keeping the foam tired car....

http://fastharry.com/?page_id=358
Old 01-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

whats the difference between them? rubber and foam?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.