Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE RRR WC vs. MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Do you guys prefer driving with 3mm or 4mm chassis ?

Can you feel the handling differences ?
I never tried a 4mm chassis, so I can't comment.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

It depends on the track you run, and off course driver's preference.
If traction comes up, try 4mm. You'll lose some steering but get rid off traction roll.
If traction never comes up, stick to the 3mm and allow some torsion...
Old 01-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
I would say yes at a pro level.
Interesting way of looking at it. I wasn't expecting a qualified response.

If a person's lap times are consistent, say +/- .5 seconds, then by upgrading to the latest parts or car, their is a potential to be faster and therefore faster than the competition - if the theory of competitive advantage holds true.

If a person's lap times are inconsistent, say +/- 3 to 5 seconds per lap, then what is the potential for a design change to help that driver:

1. Increase his consistency, but remain at relative the same lap time.
2. Maintain his consistency, but decrease his lap times.
3. Increase consistency and decrease his lap times.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Pictures of Edam's 1/10th chassis and rear camber link, January 2009:

Does this overall rear layout look familiar to anyone?

Old 01-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Do you guys prefer driving with 3mm or 4mm chassis ?

Can you feel the handling differences ?
You will defiantly notice a difference. I find the car a lot more tricky to drive. The 4mm chassis makes ''the sweet spot'' a lot smaller.
I don't like the chassis. I have a smooth driving style and the additional flex of the 3mm chassis really works with it.
Another reason why I never use it is because I think the traction is never high enough on the tracks I drive. In 3 years I think I used it two times.
The only situation I would use it is when it's a tight technical track with a lot of traction.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Here is something fun to think about....

When Juraj Hudy says, "At this time there is nothing drastically outstanding in our minds that will dramatically improve performance or reliability so I have decided to keep the NT1 as-is for the moment and allow people to enjoy the successfulness of the current version."

So how do you think his statements applies to our discussion? There can be more than one answer...
  1. The car is as good as it gets. There is nothing more that can be done to make it better.
  2. The car is winning, so he is going to focus work on the other cars instead.
  3. He is tired of listening to people complain that they are always upgrading the cars and costing drivers money, so he is giving everyone a break.
  4. He doesn't see any ideas that the other manufacturers are coming out with that give the other cars a competitive advantage.
  5. He wants to see what the other manufacturers come out with first, test those changes and see how applicable they are to his car, so he can make changes to give his car the competitive advantage - or at least keep up.
  6. The car has an overall competitive advantage over the other cars from a design/engineering standpoint, so he doesn't have to make any changes to the car until the other manufacturers make a change that give the other manufacturer's car the competitive advantage.
  7. Everyone is converging to a single optimal design and once everyone reaches that point of intersection, there are no further changes that need to be made to the car and none of the top cars will have a significant competitive advantage from a design/engineering standpoint.
  8. There is no such thing as competitive advantage from a design/engineering standpoint. The setup of all the cars can be changed, so once you find the right setup, your car's performance is equal to or better than that of the other cars' and then it just comes down to who is the best driver.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 01-16-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

G4rs 09

Old 01-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks SP Racer.

http://teammagicrc.net/ is very nice and well designed website! I like it better than TM's!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Here is something fun to think about....

When Juraj Hudy says, "At this time there is nothing drastically outstanding in our minds that will dramatically improve performance or reliability so I have decided to keep the NT1 as-is for the moment and allow people to enjoy the successfulness of the current version."

So how do you think his statements applies to our discussion? There can be more than one answer...
  1. The car is as good as it gets. There is nothing more that can be done to make it better.
  2. The car is winning, so he is going to focus work on the other cars instead.
  3. He is tired of listening to people complain that they are always upgrading the cars and costing drivers money, so he is giving everyone a break.
  4. He doesn't see any ideas that the other manufacturers are coming out with that give the other cars a competitive advantage.
  5. He wants to see what the other manufacturers come out with first, test those changes and see how applicable they are to his car, so he can make changes to give his car the competitive advantage - or at least keep up.
  6. The car has an overall competitive advantage over the other cars from a design/engineering standpoint, so he doesn't have to make any changes to the car until the other manufacturers make a change that give the other manufacturer's car the competitive advantage.
  7. Everyone is converging to a single optimal design and once everyone reaches that point of intersection, there are no further changes that need to be made to the car and none of the top cars will have a significant competitive advantage from a design/engineering standpoint.
  8. There is no such thing as competitive advantage from a design/engineering standpoint. The setup of all the cars can be changed, so once you find the right setup, your car's performance is equal to or better than that of the other cars' and then it just comes down to who is the best driver.
I would say option 2.
They are probably putting all the resource in the 1/8 onroad.
I'am 100% positive that they already know what they want to change for the ''NT2''. It has been 3 years since they completed the NT1, and an engineer will review his design more then once a year.
And one other thing i'm really certain about is that the NT1 is still a good money maker for Xray. When sales will decline too much then they will introduce a new version.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

more like #5 and copy again