Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Out door track in Richmond, BC!!!! >

Out door track in Richmond, BC!!!!

Out door track in Richmond, BC!!!!

Old 03-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mike m
NO ELECtric, I hate charging batteries! Oh man, I guess I'll just go to the local hobby store in Langley and see whats available and whats good for parts supply. Maybe I'll get the Serpent Impulse if its 2 speed.
impulse is a really really old car.....2 generations back from the newest serpent touring

the cars with best part supplies will be NTC3 and R40
Old 03-22-2004, 11:55 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by R3VoLuTiOn
well, im runnin electric, ill have a dc power supply so thats not a concern, i just wanna have a good feel to start racing.
Most people run nitro at lansdown. Electric, most people go elsewhere.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Last Saturday, was a good day apparently. The weather held up and everyone got some good running time I heard. Too bad I didn't get to stick around and bang around for a while. The track was a little late getting set up as the person that brings the stuff down to Lansdowne was a little late, but we got everything up and going by 6:30. They ran till about 9pm and I think everyone was kind of sad they closed down. The lights do come on at night right now, so we do get some decent run time, but when we hit the peak of summer and day light sticks around till 9pm...expect us to be out there till 11pm

The turn out was great...hope we get more people coming out to support this track. We all don't want to see a good thing go, as we know doing something like this is not easy. Cheers to Ken and the rest of the organizers.

B is right...not a lot of people run electric at Lansdowne, but I am probably going to run that more than I am going to run my nitro this year here. I don't want to give my new car that much of a thrashing this year, as this is my second year into the sport and I am not riding the walls like rails...hehehe...Just trying to keep the vehicle top notch and in racing condition.

Mike M...nice to see you on this board too buddy...If you are looking for a on road touring car, I would suggest the few that people are talking about in here. Everyone's got there picks of course and everyones got the ones they wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. I do have a Kyosho VoneR Evo for sale with a 2-speed and centax clutch for sale if you are interested. No electronics and engine, but comes with a banged up still working pipe and header. PM me on RCPITSTOP if you are interested.

If you want to get into any sort of club race or trophy race with touring...I suggest you get a 1/10 because that is pretty much what they run down here...the one you are talking about is one that is not run too often here...but they do in the states. Even though they run in the states, it sure is a dying breed...Looks really fun though!

Yeah, most of the high end cars have 2-speed these days...it is a must for people that want to go fast and for the ones that race.

I am sure your LHS could give you a hand, picking your next weapon as Purple would say.

The track is going to be open on Tuesday, so anyone that has time should come on out with there toys and enjoy some good clean fun. Please call ken from the number provided in the first post to see if they are going out. Set up time is 5pm and race till about 9pm or so, when the lights start to dim out. Hope to see all you guys out there.

Samson.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

ok, so where should i go other than lansdowne, apollo hobbies for onroad electric driving?

oh, is electric disallowed from lansdowne or just rarely run, cause i wouldnt mind hanging out with nitros, id get passed alot but thats about it.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:10 PM
B
Tech Master

sure you can run EP at lasndown.

A number of people did that last year without a problem.

I htink they are running EP on wed nights at a tennis court near the airport or something. And they run in Surrey as well.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by R3VoLuTiOn
ok, so where should i go other than lansdowne, apollo hobbies for onroad electric driving?

oh, is electric disallowed from lansdowne or just rarely run, cause i wouldnt mind hanging out with nitros, id get passed alot but thats about it.
sure you can run electric, just that you are not able to charge the batts on site unless you have a generator or use the batt on your 1:1 car
Old 03-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry about the late word, but we didn't run yesterday as the weather was kind of not going our way. Hopefully we will be back in action this Saturday to test our cars before we head down to Renton.

You can pretty much run anything you like to. Last year we mixed in the electric with the nitros and it was somewhat a bad combination. Newbie nitro drives would smoke the electric drivers without intent...stuff happens. As the crowd grows and the amount of different classes of drivers show up, we will be putting times to the different cars that will be running.

We also have a 6 foot driver stand on the works and should be available soon when we get our act together. I think we just need a few more pieces before we get that bad boy out there. I believe it will hold up to 10 people stablily.

Hope its sunny on Saturday...Like usual around 5 for setup.

See you then!

Samson
Old 03-24-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, this weather sucks!! All of a sudden its kinda cold out! So I ended up buying the Serpent Impulse. Its only like three years old and I don't want what everyone else has. I'll still be having fun and thats all I want............for now anyways. On-road guys at Landsdowne look out, cause here I come!!
Old 03-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mike m
Yeah, this weather sucks!! All of a sudden its kinda cold out! So I ended up buying the Serpent Impulse. Its only like three years old and I don't want what everyone else has. I'll still be having fun and thats all I want............for now anyways. On-road guys at Landsdowne look out, cause here I come!!
there were a couple impulse at landsdown last year
Old 03-24-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey B, is that a JDM avitar
Old 03-27-2004, 04:24 PM
B
Tech Master

Originally posted by Roger
Hey B, is that a JDM avitar
yep
Old 03-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Alright!!! Just gotta wait till payday, and my Serpent will be ready to bite some a**!! Anyone know how much that Serpent jacket is??? I wouldn't mind getting one! Time to go solder the battery pack. Later!
Old 03-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just finished putting together my 710 today. Better get ready Mikey to be taken to school! J/K What engine are you putting in your Impulse? Can't wait to see your car. Should be fun this summer.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

why wasnt the track up today?
it was raining in the morning, but it was sunny and the ground was dry afternoon...
in the future...will the track not be open when it rains on the same day?
Old 03-27-2004, 08:08 PM
B
Tech Master

i HAVE NO IDEA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.