Wiki Posts
Search

First R/C Car - Advise please?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Red face First R/C Car - Advise please?

Hi guys,
Im looking at buying an R/C nitro car, mainly looking for somthing that handles well and dont fall over all the time! And it needs to be quick, really quick!
i have seen this one i like (im from the UK btw)

w w w.nitrotek.co. uk/2hpb8p . htm (without the spaces)

What do you think? anyone got any other suggestions?
looking to spend around £200-£250

Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here is some advice that I posted on another thread that was asking a similar question:

When evaluating what is a good choice of car for you, you have to ask yourself this:

1. What are you looking to do: bash, club race, or high-level competitive racing? This will determine what car you will eventually purchase. You don't want to sink $800-$1000 into a car just to bash but you don't want to buy a cheaper RTR that will get smoked at a regional or other big race.

2. What kind of support for the car is in your area? It is great to get a top-level car but if you have to jump through flaming hoops for parts, was it worth it? Check into what car(s) you local hobby shop (LHS) carries or what they can get for you (if they don't carry it) and how easy is it for them to obtain parts for you when you need them.

3. If you club race or race at a higher level, what are the guys running in your area? You don't want to get a car that none of your fellow racers run so set-up and parts help will be non-existent (ie: you get a Team Magic G4 while most everyone else is running an Xray NT1).

There will be many guys tell you to get this car or that car, but you have to get what will suit you. Personally, I run Mugen Seiki products (MTX4 & MRX4R) but will not tell you it is the best there is, was, or ever will be. That is just my preference (and I have tried many of the other cars on the market over the years). A lot depends on what you want to do and what your budget can withstand. Do research on all the cars that are available for what you are wanting to do (1/10th, 1/8th, or 1/8th GT), weigh the pros and cons for each car, and choose what you feel most comfortable. What we don't want is to see you buy a car, be completely dissatisfied with it in a short matter of time, then completely bail out of racing because of it, possibly never to return. Take your time and make the right choice for you. Good luck!!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

make it simple this way, what type of friends going out to play rc. if u buy similar car with them. at least it's easy u can get help around. other than that each of you will eventually have more things to discuss on car setup.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by euphoria
Hi guys,
Im looking at buying an R/C nitro car, mainly looking for somthing that handles well and dont fall over all the time! And it needs to be quick, really quick!
i have seen this one i like (im from the UK btw)

w w w.nitrotek.co. uk/2hpb8p . htm (without the spaces)

What do you think? anyone got any other suggestions?
looking to spend around £200-£250

Thanks
well you can buy the kyosho fw05 for 350euro