R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   1/8 Serpent Vector V-series (2000 spec.) compared to Serpent Veteq (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/354941-1-8-serpent-vector-v-series-2000-spec-compared-serpent-veteq.html)

vic88my 12-26-2009 08:53 PM

1/8 Serpent Vector V-series (2000 spec.) compared to Serpent Veteq

Dear Experts,

Hi, I am Victor from Asia. My question is below :

May I know in terms of Performance, Parts interchange ability, Design, Top Speed, Chassis Strength and Overall Quality, how is Serpent Vector V-series compared to Serpent Veteq ?

Are there big differences between these 2 cars ?

Thank you Experts.

Merry Christmas and have a nice holiday.

Sincerely,
Victor

Wanabrc 12-26-2009 10:45 PM

They are two completely different cars from the ground up.

Roelof 12-27-2009 01:44 AM

The 1st Veteq "2-piece chassis plate" was no succes, to much stress was made on the engine not getting its performance. The Veteq-2 "one chassis plate" was much better. But it was a difficult car, the rockers and the angle of them was something to play a lot with to understand pushrods.

If it was that succesful we would have seen more today but even the front pushrod used on the 950 is disapeared on the later models.

vic88my 12-27-2009 04:52 AM

My friend want to sell me the vector V 2000 spec. so, I may well want to reconsider not to buy it then....... since it is less quality and performance compared to later models...

Winner's Circle 12-27-2009 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by vic88my (Post 6768093)
Dear Experts,

Hi, I am Victor from Asia. My question is below :

May I know in terms of Performance, Parts interchange ability, Design, Top Speed, Chassis Strength and Overall Quality, how is Serpent Vector V-series compared to Serpent Veteq ?

Are there big differences between these 2 cars ?

Thank you Experts.

Merry Christmas and have a nice holiday.

Sincerely,
Victor

Victor,

Another thing to consider is are there any parts available. In the USA it is difficult to impossible to find certain parts for either of the cars you mentioned.

I think you will be much happier spending more money on the front end in order to get a new car that is fully supported as opposed to having an old car that is impossible to race because lack of replacement parts.

Lee

wingracer 12-27-2009 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by vic88my (Post 6768810)
My friend want to sell me the vector V 2000 spec. so, I may well want to reconsider not to buy it then....... since it is less quality and performance compared to later models...

It's not low quality. Most people would consider the Vector one of the greatest 1/8th cars ever made. It dominated both wins and sales for many years. Unfortunately for the Serpent faithful, cars like the Mugen MRX-3 finally put an end to Serpent's hey day. The problem is that it's been 10 years since the car was campaigned so it's outdated and parts, while out there, will be hard to come by.

As for a Veteq, don't buy one unless you just want a shelf queen. Great looking car but not something you want to try and actually race today. Find a good deal on an MRX-4 or 960 or Evolva M3 if you want to go the used car route.