Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Nitro Racers

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default UK Nitro Racers

Kent IC Club based at the excellent Brooklands Circuit (Kent not Weybridge) would welcome any racers both beginners and seasoned, members and non-members along to their club meetings, details and race dates can be found on the club website at:

Kent IC Club

The club runs both 200mm rubber and foam classes, 1/8th and 1/6th Protech classes.

This is an excellent venue with first class facilities including a hot dog wagon on race days and a friendly laid back attitude with the emphasis on fun!

Anyone wanting further information please PM or E-mail me.

Cheers

Mark

Last edited by Diesel Racer; 03-10-2004 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Does Eric White still be involved with Brooklands? If he does tell him Campbell Wade says hello
Old 03-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by modellor
Does Eric White still be involved with Brooklands? If he does tell him Campbell Wade says hello
The name does'nt ring a bell modeller, sorry!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Hi

Are you running any nationals at the club this year? BRCA foam or Rubber?

A pic of the track on the website would be nice

I might try to get along in the summer

Cheers

www.ashby-ic.com
Old 03-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by ziggy12345
Hi

Are you running any nationals at the club this year? BRCA foam or Rubber?

A pic of the track on the website would be nice

I might try to get along in the summer

Cheers

www.ashby-ic.com
Unfortunately there are no nationals for either of the 200mm classes this year only the 1/8th guys, not through the lack of trying by the club but the quest goes on for next year.

1st round of the summer series starts 28th March, your be most welcome along with any mates that you can encourage to come along.

Check out the Brooklands Circuit website for track pictures.

Brooklands Circuit

Regards

Mark

Last edited by Diesel Racer; 03-11-2004 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

How many members do you have and what are they racing mostly? 1/10th or 1/8th?

I thought the BRCA were looking for places to hold meetings, not the other way round?

Ashby has 3 BRCA meetings this year

Cheers
Old 03-11-2004, 02:12 AM
Tech Adept

I think current membership stands at about 30ish across the classes and still growing, although you don't have to be a member to race, mostly 1/10th rubber at the moment although initially there was a good showing of 200 & 235 foams, that has died off over the winter months probably due to the indoor venue LRRC, hopefully with the summer looming those numbers should swell again, we have had a good turnout of 1/8th at a couple of meetings and certainly a few guys are waiting on deliveries of their Kyosho Evolvas ready for the next meeting.

I thought the BRCA were looking for places to hold meetings, not the other way round?
So did we, all the issues that were raised by the BRCA have been addressed (mainly centering around timing equipment) it's just strange that they were'nt an issue for the 1/8th scale both last year and this year.

We believe the club has a good chance of securing both 200mm foam and rubber next year (fingers crossed).
Old 03-11-2004, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

I think current membership stands at about 30ish across the classes and still growing, although you don't have to be a member to race, mostly 1/10th rubber at the moment although initially there was a good showing of 200 & 235 foams, that has died off over the winter months probably due to the indoor venue LRRC, hopefully with the summer looming those numbers should swell again, we have had a good turnout of 1/8th at a couple of meetings and certainly a few guys are waiting on deliveries of their Kyosho Evolvas ready for the next meeting.

So did we, all the issues that were raised by the BRCA have been addressed (mainly centering around timing equipment) it's just strange that they were'nt an issue for the 1/8th scale both last year and this year.

We believe the club has a good chance of securing both 200mm foam and rubber next year (fingers crossed).
Old 03-11-2004, 02:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default Double Post

Sorry for the double post, perhaps admin could remove one!
Old 03-11-2004, 03:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Dees, this looks like one HECK of a circuit... I would love to race there, but I am not in the right country, I think perhaps I should look at building a circuit that is as well put together as that one here. Our circuits are all parking lots or asphalt tennis courts. That looks awesome.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by BaxterC
Hey Dees, this looks like one HECK of a circuit... I would love to race there, but I am not in the right country, I think perhaps I should look at building a circuit that is as well put together as that one here. Our circuits are all parking lots or asphalt tennis courts. That looks awesome.
Your right BaxterC the circuit is awesome with first class facilities as well and an excellent view of the track, your'll always be welcome if you ever visit from Johannesburg.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you, I intend to. I would love to travel the world and race at all the great tracks around the world... My girlfriend has agreed to join me, I think I will make a one year voyage... I am so looking forward to it.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BaxterC
The hobby needs more people like you. People who will build a track. I'm currently looking for some land to buy to build a new track here in NI. Veyr hard too find. All they seem interested in is building houses (they'll be building in our back gardens shortly ).

I raced on Tennis Courts here a few years ago and got to say, they over the best grip around. More clubs should think about using this surface type. You can run a lot harder tires so the wear rate is pretty much the same.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you , and you too, you are looking for lank at least, I must admit there is a lot of land here, but it is sooo expensive for us here, and I am sure there too as I know it is horrendous in the UK, I am not sure about in NI though... Good luck...
Old 03-11-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Hi Modellor

I am looking for some land to build a track on also. I would have thought I could get more help from the BRCA and the manufacturers as its in their interest to have more tracks but no luck. They leave it to people like me and you.

How did you manage to get your track together in Kent? Just a single backer or did a number of guys club together to put up the cash?

I'll keep filling in the lottery tickets!

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.