Originally Posted by cannouu
im gonna buy part by part, including engine. what will i need to get me up to 60mph? im planning to buy a 5 port engine. as for the handling at 60mph what will i need? sway bars, shocks, springs, droop?
Yeah get ready to buy some parts:
1. hardened cvds for the front and back. The stock dog bones will snap due to too much power
2. hardened middle shafts
3. clutch bell, fly wheel that will fit, or a complete centax cluch for engine
4. depending on motor and/or motor mount, you may need to do some dremeling to fit new motor, or you may have to buy upgraded chassis.
5. upgarde brake disk
6. HPI sway bars are a joke.
7. lower the ride height by removing shock collars and use stiffer springs, or upgrade to adjustable shocks.
8. manifold and exhaust to fit new motor.
That's a lot of work and money and not even get close to the performance of a RRR, G4, mugen or the likes. Trust me, I've done it too. The car does handle well in parking lot conditions.