R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default 1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor

Hello Racers,

I am very pleased to start this thread as a meeting place for Edam Racers from all over the world who own, or thinking about owning, an Edam Razor
1/8th Nitro On-Road car.

This will be a great fun place to share ideas (positively) about this newer entry in the competitive world of nitro on-road racing. I hope everyone will feel free in sharing their ideas and setups for the different tracks they race. Guys and Gals that run on parking lots or local streets that have questions or ideas are also quite welcomed.

The Edam Razor is considered to be among the best entry level "priced" competition car in the RC market. Priced at, in most country's, around $450.00 makes this car about $200.00 less than most other similar 1/8th cars. What makes this car a real value is Edam's best kept secret. This car is very competitive with a nice large sweet spot and all the adjustments one could ever want to make this car a highly competitive racing machine.

Recently (September 2009) Rene Cornella decided to join the Edam team. He will be seen in the USA this year running our Edam Spirit 1/10th Touring car at the worlds. For those that are not familar with Rene, he was the main designer for the Serpent 733, and 966 cars. Rene will be bring driving quality and creative ideas to only better our Edam Razor and Spirit cars. I will have a separate thread for the Edam Spirit in a short time. Right now I thought we all can share one thread .

In the USA, my company TMA Marketing, is the new distributor for all the Edam Racing cars, parts, upgrades, and accessories. I am very excited about this opportunity and many will see me at the major races throughout the USA during the 2010 racing year. I will not be sharing my driving style - for very good reasons, lol - but will be there to help Edam Racers and show our cars to those dealers and racers interested in the Edam Racing Cars.

We will be among the sponsors of several major events this year to make sure during the tough times that race tracks, promoting clubs and dealers are helped financially to ensure they will be back to put on more events in the future. We are starting by being one of the sponsors for the Florida Winter Nationals.

I am looking for dealers that wish to help our nitro on-road RC hobby grow with a great priced car and great quality car to offer their customers. I am also looking for good drivers to become a part of our sponsored team. All those interested please email me at info@teammarketingamerica.com.

This thread as a reminder to some is for Edam Racing Car owners and drivers. We are not here to make comparisons or do any bashing of any kind. Please go to other threads for those child like actions.

Good ideas, good pictures, and good jokes are all accepted here!!! lol
Attached Thumbnails
1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-edam_racing_sams_razor.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-edam_racing_sams_razor_front.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-edam_racing_sams_razor_top.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-edam-razor-sams-body.jpg  
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Thumbs up

Nice looking car...great to see its affordable, price in the range of a sedan..not bad at all.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Edam Razor

This is the "second" generation of the XR-8, and I owned two of them.
I ran mine for at least 3 years straight, and enjoyed the car.
I liked mine so much, I bought the complete inventory of one of the shops when they closed down.
Last week at Crystal Park I was looking at the new Razor, and there have been some refinements in the car, and they look great.
Good to see that they are still availiable, and hopefully can post good good results
Old 12-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Very good car. I finished B 3rd first time out with this car. Should made the A main but I am happy with the result as it is only the first race with this car. Sure able to run with the big boys like Serpent, Shephard, Mugen.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
Tech Regular

I offended one of the Serpent drivers when I said that Rene was the designer of the 733 and 966. The correct wording is he was one of the designers that helped develop these cars. He was the chief designer as reported by Red RC and others of the 720 and Serpents current EP Touring car. I was not completely familar with Rene Cornella before he signed on with Edam. So I do apologize for inaccurate text written by me in the opening statement.

The point being is Rene Cornella is a very talented individual. We are pleased that he has joined the Edam Racing Team and all of us look forward to working with him and getting his ideas to make the Edam Racing cars faster tomorrow than they are today!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Looks very nice. Good luck with the develpoment
Wanabrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
Tech Adept

I have a Edam Exer and i'm very happy with it
Old 12-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

I have a Protech VXR8 whixh is the same as the XR8, just used for a test but it was awefull to drive, almost no steer. After a lot of changes it became something but to be honest, If you should make a choice between the XR8 and a Mugen MRX4 3 years ago the MRX4 was a much better choice.

I do believe it is better by now but the design looks still the same. I was wondering if the parts are interchangeable.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:45 AM   #9
Tech Adept

My Edam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ANCEghN7C8
Old 12-21-2009, 09:01 AM   #10
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbaatizept View Post
I see you have our Edam Excer RTR. Were you running the rubber tires? If you were running rubber tires then place foams on the car one day and find the extra grip that will add a tad more speed and excitment!

That track you are running on is really nice and seems very large. The "S" turns looks really cool. That would be fun to take at speed! Where is this track located?
Old 12-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Wishing Edam Racers and all racers and their families from all over the world a blessed Merry Christmas and New Year ! See ya in 2010!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #12
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

I bought a G4S from you a couple of years ago and have the XR8. How do the EDAM cars run? Been away for a while and thinking of buying a couple from you to get started again. Are you still carrying GQ tires?
Old 12-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasRacer64 View Post
I bought a G4S from you a couple of years ago and have the XR8. How do the EDAM cars run? Been away for a while and thinking of buying a couple from you to get started again. Are you still carrying GQ tires?
Unfortunately we are not importing and distributing the GQ tires any longer. They are an excellent tire and probably the best or one of the best quality tires in RC. However to have consistent high quality a higher price line carries over as well. With the economy as it is sales dropped too much to make it reasonable to import the line.

You will enjoy the Edam Race cars. These are great cars with pricing to make a huge dent into the RC Nitro on-road market. Wonderful support system for all racers. Makes owning the Edam cars a lot of fun!

See ya soon!
Old 12-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #14
Tech Regular

TMA Marketing and Edam Race Cars USA are very proud to be a sponsor of the Florida Winter Nationals.

This is my second year as a sponsor and will be my first trip to the Nats. I have been in and around the hobby for over 20 years and never been to this race. Obviously I am very excited to get there and start running my Edam Razor!

Merry Christmas to the Dads that got some Edam Cars from Mrs Santa this year and a young man that has been good this year and has achieved good grades as well. Have fun all!
Old 12-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #15
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

True, the GQ tires are definitely pricey. You will definitely be hearing from me on the sedan and Razor. I see the sedan comes in the 982 also. Is that a kit or rtr? If a kit, will you be carrying that one also or just the 981.

Tags
edam, edam razor