Search

1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Goodday everybody
I did race the edam razor for dutch championships called open nomac
i was faster then motonica mugen and serpent drivers in my class
i do not understand that people have front grip problems i did win 5 out of 6 races with edam my car is running ferry fast with 40 shore frontyres and 37 rears i did test tyres and i do raly like the ats tyres on edam much grip and less wear i also tested enneti matrix and grp they are slowing the car down. in 2011 i will race edam again i think its the best car for youre money.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by anigi
Goodday everybody
I did race the edam razor for dutch championships called open nomac
i was faster then motonica mugen and serpent drivers in my class
i do not understand that people have front grip problems i did win 5 out of 6 races with edam my car is running ferry fast with 40 shore frontyres and 37 rears i did test tyres and i do raly like the ats tyres on edam much grip and less wear i also tested enneti matrix and grp they are slowing the car down. in 2011 i will race edam again i think its the best car for youre money.
Wor, 40 front tires with 37 rear! Very interesting. Can you share your setup with us and what type of track condition you run on. Thank you in advance!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

He seems to have "wonder Tyres".
I tried a lot, very lot, but the car was only going with 2 or 5 shore softer in front.
Stephan
Old 12-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Leichtmetall
He seems to have "wonder Tyres".
I tried a lot, very lot, but the car was only going with 2 or 5 shore softer in front.
Stephan
Hi Stephan:

LOL, I am running 32 front 35 rear xceed now. I tried a few combo and can't use harder front as the car would push like crazy..... BTW: I move the front lower arm back a little by putting the shims in front of the a-arm. (You need to put shims between the a-arm and the anti roll bar "mount") To reduce the caster and to my suprise it give the car a lot more steering, both turn in and exit. If you have a chance to run your Edam give it a try.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello
Dont laugh, but for my home-race-track, i cut out a piece ob bracket for upper arms to bring they more to front. The short Wheelbase, i was driving allways, lower arms totaly back. This changed the Ackermann-Effect to. Good goin in corner an less toe-in at rear, the car was quick, but hard to drive
The next, i will try if snow is away, springs in front with same rate as rear and damper same as rear. I think, rear is to soft. And Edam gives us no spring-rate for their colors, so i will try it with my serpent springs.
Stephan
Old 12-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

ya, they only show wire dia..... blue 1.5, green 1.6 and purple 1.7...... Have not have much time testing as it had been rainning and cold out lately......
Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

olla
blue green and purple?
In Germany there were only purple (soft) and grenn (normal) offered.
What i will try next year is 2 holes in absorber front, 1 in absorber rear, W30 Oil in both, red or yellow serpent springs in front and blue in rear. And of course, more camber-change in rear with spacers between rear upper arm and uprights.
It can be, that ground and tyres between your country and my is different, so setup have to be different to.
Im not one of the fast drivers, think im more a "gentleman driver", but the car should do, what i want. And with the Edam i have some work to do in future, to make the car so, as i want.
But, when i see, what the distributors all make and how Edam works, i have not a good feeling for future.
Stephan
Old 12-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

To be hornest Edam is quite active and will have a few new models (current types of cars and in different classes) next year. Looking forward to try their new cars soon. You setup look quite similar to what we runs here as we run on a mid grip mid size track here. I add 5-7mm space between the camber link and the rear upright to get the right camber rise. Sorry I don't have the exact number as I don't have the car with me now. The rear end is a lot more predictable and with your front end mod I think you should be quite happy with the new setup.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello
So as i heard, edam will promote the new Razor in Nürnberg at Toy Far in February and sell it bevore Season starts. If they will be to late again, they will loose here in Germany totaly, because Xray is starting with their 1:8 and Capricorn has shown Cad-Cam-Pictures in net from their first 1:8.
It´s angrily for me that i lost some of my good connections. To Nürnberg i have only 130 km, but i can´t go because im not a seller so i have no entrance......
Stephan
Old 02-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sure, i´m nearest to Nürnberg for Toy Fair. But i Can´t be there.
Is anybody here who knows anything about Edam and if they show the new Razor and having Informations about Start selling the Car?
Thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

is anyone here who drives still the Razor? or Razor 2?
Noone?
LM
Old 03-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Haha, not sure at rctech but there are quite a few razors running here in China.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

And again, they are runing in Germany... got my first Victory with the Razor....and i will be faster with a little bit more work on setup an more Training, lol
Stephan
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leichtmetall
is anyone here who drives still the Razor? or Razor 2?
Yep ....... The Razor 2 is alive and kickin' here in Malaysia.

$ for $, a perfectly good performer and the parts cost so little compared to it's pedigree brethen. Fitment of plastic parts has improved tremendously compared to the bygone Yusa days and the OS2 revision opens up unlimited tyre choice for the Razor. The Alpha pipe (essentially a Nova 2052) with switchable stinger venturi an interesting addition that allow low end and top speed tuning.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peppernick
Yep ....... The Razor 2 is alive and kickin' here in Malaysia.

$ for $, a perfectly good performer and the parts cost so little compared to it's pedigree brethen. Fitment of plastic parts has improved tremendously compared to the bygone Yusa days and the OS2 revision opens up unlimited tyre choice for the Razor. The Alpha pipe (essentially a Nova 2052) with switchable stinger venturi an interesting addition that allow low end and top speed tuning.

Are you selling this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.