R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #31
Tech Apprentice

Hello again from Germany
For all who want to see a Razor-Kit, here are some pictures. I buyed the Car in March 2009. I heard, that last kits will have the Chasis for 2/3 A-Cells. My Chasis is one for AAA-Cells.
Again the Manual, the chasis have the 45 Degree anti-roll-bar in rear.
Greetings
LM
Attached Thumbnails
1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-razor-karton.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-razor-karton-offen.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-razor-teile.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-draufsicht.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-versteifung-links1.jpg  

Leichtmetall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #32
Tech Apprentice

First two pictures are tuning-parts for a harder chasis.
third picture will show how to save the "bones" (drive-shafts?)
At last a picture of servo-saver, what i changed. You can see the original holes for the rods outside. i made new holes near to another, mount the rods and made a screw in old hole for hardness. This gave me some degrees more steering.
LM
Attached Thumbnails
1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-versteifung-links2.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-versteifung-rechts.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-knochensicherung.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-servosaver.jpg  
Old 01-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Another thing about the Edam Razor. The belt are indeed physically thick, broad which is really very good. It does not get damage easily. Even if caught some stones in there. Only thing is a minor dent on the pulley. The same belt was also in use by Motornica but they sell same thing much expensive than Edam.

Unlike the MRX4 belt they do snap frequently. This is common prob told by racers.
Toh WL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #34
Tech Apprentice

The belts... they last long. After 15 Liters of fuel, i have the belts from kit, also the belt pullys, no damage to them. But, it will bring speed to lift up the middle shaft braket. Front of it ~2mm, rear ~1mm. So the side-belt will go easyier and car will be faster.
The car has a realy low wearout. Even the pinions will hold up for 5 till 10 Liters, dependent from the used engine. Please, use only the anodized pinions, they are only few dollars expensive, but they are much better.
LM
Old 01-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Ya, the newer kits have the longer battery mount so you can mount the flat pack or Lipo. The kit is very durable as I have not change any parts yet for one race and around 50-60 runs I have with it so far.... Love the kit for the px and performance.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Edam .12 engines

Sam:

Who makes these engines for Edam? They look like an SH or are they an STS? Good to see you back selling nitro tourers again after the fallout with TM.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Has anyone come up with a fix for the clicking in the steering on the 981? I have built two and they both had the same issue. Only thing i can think of is the balls in the tie rods binding!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #38
Tech Elite

For Edam they do not come with engine. You go to LHS choose what engine you like.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toh WL View Post
For Edam they do not come with engine. You go to LHS choose what engine you like.
I am talking about the Edam branded engines listed on the TMA website. See attachment!
Attached Thumbnails
1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-edam-20p30-20engine.jpg  
Old 01-18-2010, 02:33 AM   #40
Tech Regular

I don't think it is a STS or SH as the casting is totally different..... Maybe it is a Force as their 1/8 RTR come with a force .25 pull start.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
I am talking about the Edam branded engines listed on the TMA website. See attachment!
i know what u mean... i dun use that coz i run mine on nova.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #42
Tech Regular

I have asked Edam the same question about their new engines. I believe it is Force that will make the engines for the. The sleeve will be of their own design for good performance. Obviously not high competition engines but excellent for the new Spirit RTR's. Marketing regards, having our own engine is an excellent idea. I think this will give new customers and "dealers" even a better feeling about purchasing an Edam RTR over the rest on the market today.

These .12 engines will come with and without pull start. Another good idea.

Yes in regular pro kits you go to your favorite LHS and purchase the engine of your choice.

Now that little hitch in the steering of the 981. I am working on that problem right now. I am building a 981 at the present time. I am almost done and my next project is to get rid of that slight binding or? If anyone else comes up with something let me know. I think I will ask Rene today and see what he has done with it.

Good Racing to All!
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have had my Spirit for some time now, but have not come across the steering issue. I do however, look forward to the option parts coming out. The upper front suspension arm holder in particular.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:14 AM   #44
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM America View Post
I have asked Edam the same question about their new engines. I believe it is Force that will make the engines for the. The sleeve will be of their own design for good performance. Obviously not high competition engines but excellent for the new Spirit RTR's. Marketing regards, having our own engine is an excellent idea. I think this will give new customers and "dealers" even a better feeling about purchasing an Edam RTR over the rest on the market today.

These .12 engines will come with and without pull start. Another good idea.

Yes in regular pro kits you go to your favorite LHS and purchase the engine of your choice.

Now that little hitch in the steering of the 981. I am working on that problem right now. I am building a 981 at the present time. I am almost done and my next project is to get rid of that slight binding or? If anyone else comes up with something let me know. I think I will ask Rene today and see what he has done with it.

Good Racing to All!
Sam:

Thanks for your reply... Look forward to hearing more about the steering bind and what the factory has to say about it.

How do you compare the Spirit to your G4S all those years ago?

Thanks
BB
Old 01-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #45
Tech Apprentice

Hello
In Chat at webside from Edamis a Forum, caled "Chat Room". There is something about steering for the Spirit.
Iīm not sure, but i think you have to register up for the Forum/Chat to write and read. But i think it can help for your problem.
greetings from Bavaria/Germany
Leichti
Edit
Sorry, the Link isnīs on Page, here is the right link to "chat": http://edamracing.webs.com/

Last edited by Leichtmetall; 01-23-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Tags
edam, edam razor