R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to TeamPursuit

TEAM PURSUIT RACING HAS BE SALE THIS KIT IN USA FOR THE PAST 3YEAR AND WHY THIS GUY CAME AND TELL EVERY ONE HE'S THE USA DISTRIBUTOR?

TAKE A LOOK ON www.pursuitracing.com the pursuit version use Muguen and kyosho wheels and this RAZOR use Serpent wheel base the old style be were about this one
Terry
TeamPursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasRacer64 View Post
True, the GQ tires are definitely pricey. You will definitely be hearing from me on the sedan and Razor. I see the sedan comes in the 982 also. Is that a kit or rtr? If a kit, will you be carrying that one also or just the 981.
The 981 and the 982 are both Pro Kits. The only difference is the 981 has a front one way and the 982 has the front differential. Our plan is to just stock one kit, the 981. Then of course we will have in stock all the time the front diff for the Spirit car. Using the front diff or the front one way depends on the track and the driver. So having the opportunity to make the switch will be available all the time.

Thanks,
Sam F
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #18
Tech Regular

With all due respect....

This thread is for the Edam Manufacturer cars under the Edam Label. I know you have an Edam base car under your own name and your own parts. I have not interfered with your thread and hope you can show the same respect.

"This Guy" is a Marketing and Distribution Company that distributes Edam Cars under the Edam Manufacturers name and logo "for" Edam Race Cars. Please read our first post. This thread is for positive and constructive comments. Please respect us as we have you.

If you have any other questions you may PM me.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #19
Tech Regular

By the way your post states an incorrect statement about the wheels. I run the Razor with all wheels. Please respect this thread and stay in your own thread and we will do the same for you.

Thank you,
Sam
Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #20
Tech Initiate

Sam,

Thanks for the info on the sedans. I would rather have the 981 with the front one way. Will be in touch.

Mark
Old 12-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The car look similar compare with Yusa XR8 I had.... What are the common mod for this Razor in comparision?
Toh WL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Old 12-30-2009, 07:34 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

Let me make one post of mine a bit clearer in regards to tires.

For those of you that go out in parking lots or where ever just to have fun with a fast car you can purchase any tire. Don't pass up a sale because you think you have to have a Serpent wheel. They all will fit with the knowledge that they will increase the width of the car due to the offset. I use standard tires in the rear of my car. I had the room on the lower A arm and did some work on the upper A arm to get the camber I needed. On the fronts I do use Serpent because I didn't have the room for the 3mm difference in off-set.

The suggested and easiest wheel/tire to use is a Serpent wheel. I find they are easy to find and priced like all the rest. Some of the lower price tires or sales seem more toward the Mugen/Kyosho type wheels/tires. So if you are just playing use them and have fun!

Nice Pics. Thanks for placing them on the thread!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #24
Tech Regular

The XRB8 is what we had in the states if I remember correctly. The cars are still very similar with the pic you have there. The radio tray has changed and looks like steering servo placement a bit different. Probably for better balance. It appears your front upper A arms are a bit wider then present arms. It is hard to tell to much from pics. I am sure many parts will be interchangeable for you. Thanks again
Old 12-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #25
Tech Elite

If you refering to the front upper arm. I already upgraded using option part from EDAM. There are many more also...

For wheels I use GQ 35 & 37 Serpent is good enough for onroad.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:10 AM   #26
Tech Regular

For the rear if you would like to use kyosho/ mugen style rims. You can use Mugen upright, wheel axial, quick release lever, and the mugen lower arm ball. Then you can use kyosho rims with this setup and the all the track and setup will be within spec. No need to change the drive shaft as the stock one fit. The only issue is the edam body mount is a lot wider than the mugan upright. Just use some 3mm spacer and longer screw and you should be able to fix it to the mugen upright. For the front just shortern the drive pin by 1mm and it will fit the kyosho rims without issue.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:30 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Using the 966 rear hub and the rear body mount arms works easily also and lets you within specs with not problems.

I am in hopes that Edam will soon have a new rear hub that will allow the Mugen/kyosho rims so we don't have to do any work. Right now however getting good tires on Serpent rims is quite readily found here. I just might work something out with GQ tires once again in order to keep tires in stock for our customers. But the main goal is to have Edam engineers do something quite simple and that is to redesign the rear hub and minor other parts if needed so these changes in rims can be the choice of our racers.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:15 AM   #28
Tech Elite

To what I knew it was design to use Serpent's rims.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Hello
I was driving the Edam Razor here in Germany for the Year 2009 in more than only 5 Races. So i think i can say something about the Car.
The car will stand a long time, i had not to change belts or other parts for wearout. I only had to chande some arms and steering-blocks after heavy accidents.
The car is good and fast, but it needs more gripp on the front. It is ~5/10 till 7/10 of Second slower than a serpent or mugen or Shepherd. It need simply more gripp in front.
The next is, the Edam needs at Time the old Rims from Serpent, called OS1. A upgrade-Kit to OS2 Rims will come this year, but not today or tomorrow. Some of the Pursuit-Driver changed it to OS2, it seems to be easy.
The clutch of the car, i have a spzial-adjustment, so the clutch in centax-style will work good.
I hope, Edam will bring a upgrade-Kit soon, because i donīt want to drive longer slower than others while driving this car. I got some tricks from rene cornella to make the car faster, but it is not so easy.
greetings from Bavaria
LM
Leichtmetall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #30
Tech Regular

Thanks Leichtmetall for the information you have given everyone. The car does need a bit of work on the front grip issue. Of course there is a balance to everything. You can fix the front and then loose grip in the rear and visa versa. But I think in upcoming months everyone that is concerned in regards to 1/2 second lap times will become happy. For the other 90% plus of us that want a fast stout car the Edam Razor is a proud competitor today and will become even better.

I have PM you also.

I am also happy to announce that TMA Marketing, USA Distributor, will stock the new Edam .12 engines. They will come with and without pull start. These engines will be excellent in performance and reliability for club racers and street bashers. Pricing like all Edam products will be excellent.

Tags
edam, edam razor