Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

nice Here is mine ready for the season
Attached Thumbnails 1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-0320132208.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Schmucks

Mine is still halfway thru winter rebuild, so I automatically hate anyone whose stuff is ready to go. I replaced front and rear belts, three bearings, and the right front hub carrier, and that's all. About 20 bucks, my cost...now all I have to do is finish reassembly and I'm good to go.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Mine is still halfway thru winter rebuild, so I automatically hate anyone whose stuff is ready to go. I replaced front and rear belts, three bearings, and the right front hub carrier, and that's all. About 20 bucks, my cost...now all I have to do is finish reassembly and I'm good to go.
hey now this one was almost ready for the nats but still need finishing touches on 2 more
Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Getting the Razor 2 Ready for the 2013 Season!

Teardown cleaned serviced and re-assembled ready for the motor.
Attached Thumbnails 1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-100_7644.jpg  
Old 05-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Rookie

So were can i find parts for razor kit guys ?
Old 05-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Originally Posted by Elrazor
So were can i find parts for razor kit guys ?
You can either order directly from Edam or you can ask me, I import the things and have a few parts onhand. If you're in the Midwest Series, I typically take my inventory with me to the track, to support the product.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Ran it this past weekend care handled sweet could use more horsepower than i am running (antique blue head ofna picco) but I had a hoot rattling off a bunch of 17 and few 16 second laps and you are right the clutch bearings are crap killed them in a day good thing i ordered some good ones after finding the clutch and the 2 speed adjustment we were good to go
Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Originally Posted by azeroth
Ran it this past weekend care handled sweet could use more horsepower than i am running (antique blue head ofna picco) but I had a hoot rattling off a bunch of 17 and few 16 second laps and you are right the clutch bearings are crap killed them in a day good thing i ordered some good ones after finding the clutch and the 2 speed adjustment we were good to go
Bearings....all the rest in the kit are decent quality, but the ones in the clutch, including the thrust bearing, are absolute crap. I highly recommend for thrust bearings getting the good quality ceramics, with care they last about half a year or more. Also remember, if you're looking to save a buck, you can run 45 fronts/40 rears (and dfilo sells them at a heck of a good price) and with a little tire sauce as needed, you won't have any handling issues whatsoever. AND you'll be able to avoid tons of tire truing. You're going to find that it's comparable to pretty much every other car on the market outside of a Capricorn (little wonder since they're all the same, basically.) Enjoy your new ride, and remember if you have any feedback, send it my way so I can forward it to the factory...good or bad, all feedback is appreciated!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sometime ago, i told about the new kits with the lightweight Pivots.
One of them was broken at my car during a little jump.
at last Race, i had a really heavy impact. My car was in the rear damaged, more than ever bevore. BUT, the lightweight pivots are still alive
So it seems, that the broken one had a manufacturer-failure.
LM
Attached Thumbnails 1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-fast-totalschaden.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

good deal there looks like a rear arm
I piled mine in this past weekend do to radio issue radio gear is out to be repaired broke some minor stuff couple of zip ties a steering knuckle, a wheel pulled the front body mount screws out of the front bulkheads not a big deal 2 oversize screws and it was fixed
Old 06-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

my damage was a little bigger
both lower arms broken. both knuckles with hairline-crack. left upper arm puled out from knuckle and destroyed. left damper-rod not longer inline. and chasis is a little screwed
Donīt ask me, how it was going. It was a steep turn, 2nd gear and then there was a car acros... i crashed frontal.. and only the rear was damaged
ut happy, the light-weight pivots are still alive
Old 06-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Originally Posted by Leichtmetall
my damage was a little bigger
both lower arms broken. both knuckles with hairline-crack. left upper arm puled out from knuckle and destroyed. left damper-rod not longer inline. and chasis is a little screwed
Donīt ask me, how it was going. It was a steep turn, 2nd gear and then there was a car acros... i crashed frontal.. and only the rear was damaged
ut happy, the light-weight pivots are still alive
A few thoughts....

1. The plastic knuckles are touchy...if you've got them set too far out, they have a tendency to detach. I recommend looking closely during setup, and if it looks like they're close to too far out, complete caster/tow with the bottom pillows instead.

2. Depending on how much run time you have on your car, the rear gets excessive play where the pins enter the rear bulkheads. A good fix for this is using a bit of Losi tire glue (strong stuff) and put a drop or two in the hole, then put the long pin in, allow it to set (make sure it's straight before it sets) then complete the assembly. It tightens things up, gets you more life out of the rear bulkheads.

3. I'm not using any of the aluminum pillow balls, I've found they are a tad weak for those of us who aren't the cleanest of drivers. Whatever miniscule advantage they give just isn't worth it.

Other than pulling one of the knuckles loose and wearing a alan set loose, I really haven't had any trouble with the rear end. Then again, I haven't had too much trouble with the entire car, but accidents will happen....
Old 07-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

ok where are you setting up the 2 speed springs at seams like mine is running in second gear all the time or the springs i have are really soft and i burn threw a clutch disk already (user error) maybe i should get more sleep before working on the car
Old 07-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by azeroth
ok where are you setting up the 2 speed springs at seams like mine is running in second gear all the time or the springs i have are really soft and i burn threw a clutch disk already (user error) maybe i should get more sleep before working on the car
The Screws with the rolls in the middle of Shoe i turn in, until the clutch-shoe is just lifting. then i stop turning in.
And the Screws with springs, starting-setup is the head in one line with hole, exactly so as in manual is shown. This should work for first time.
Leichti

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.